1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Some observations after playing the sim for a while...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by BlitzPig_EL, Jan 12, 2014.

1. winet

winet Gamer

Sounds like you need a sim motion rig....

2. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

Interesting, this is exactly my feelings about iRacing. :)

3. Wolfstriked

Wolfstriked Gamer

BlitzPig_EL is not a troll as I recall his name from flight sims.
    A:there is a brake gamma slider that you can try to get a different feel for the brakes.
    B:I notice this also.Its like certain cars are jumping from oversteer to understeer with no balanced car feel in transition.I wonder if BlitzPig_EL uses a low steer ratio wheel like me?BlitzPig_EL,you can try going into the control.ini and under [steer] change SCALE=1.0 to SCALE=0.3.

4. BlitzPig_EL

BlitzPig_EL Gamer

Never played iRacing, I want this title to succeed as I find it to be the best racing sim I've played so far. Just offering my feelings/impressions after driving real cars on real tracks. And no, I do not have the latest whiz bang set up, so that may be part of my issue. There is zero "brake feel" as my pedals have no FFB. But the tail wagging when going off course seem like a programmed canned response to me. Not saying I'm right, just offering my opinions and observations.

Snarffu likes this.
  5. BlitzPig_EL

BlitzPig_EL Gamer

Thank you sir for the tips on controls. And yes, I'm the same EL from IL2. And as I stated I do not have the latest equipment, I have a Logitech MOMO Racing wheel and pedal set. It's old, but it's what I have.

6. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

been saying this for a while.. theres only so much a plastic wheel and a monitor can give in terms of realism.. Even if you have the whole shebang wheel setup motion seat triples screen blah blah it still wont replicate driving a race car for real.!!!

osy1950 likes this.
  7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

IMHO the limited steering lock range of the MOMO wheel is responsible for a big part of your problems.
    A g25/27 steering wheel with a load cell brake modification (I got one sometime ago for around 50€) is already a massive improvement.

For speed sensation, get as big a monitor as you can afford (if not 3 screens) and drive with your nose as close as possible to it. No kidding, having the scale of objects as close to reality gives a big help on speed sensation.

Hope that helps

8. Even a hundred dollar Logitech DFGT would be alot more immersive just due to the force feedback and 900 degrees of rotation.

Snarffu likes this.
  9. to me there is a better feeling simulator, no one plays, called netkar pro

10. bwf1975

bwf1975 Rookie

I think the quick ratio of the steering wheel is the fault of loosing it to easily.
    When using 900 degrees wheel, gives you precision to drift cars when the back end snaps.
    F40 is a dream when get hang of it, a cheap dfgt would do you wonders in playing this game.

11. it all depends on what you compare it, and also on what you have experienced, if you have not tried a real formula car for example you would find a simulator incredible, but if you had driven a f3 then probably the est sim in the world will suck after that.

12. Raymond

Raymond Racer

Hmm... I and a few friends still play it... well... at least until AC gets MP up and running. Then we have have a decision to make.

Albert McSaltens likes this.
  13. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard Racer

Not really, an F3 simulator will inevitably feel less involving than a quick real road car due to the lack of physical forces. It needs some imagination to fill in the gaps and some clever trickery by the devs to convince our brains.

14. that's what i mean, the real things is allways much better, and after that sims can suck quite easily

15. BlitzPig_EL

BlitzPig_EL Gamer

Wolfstriked, thanks for the suggestions on tweaks for my wheel. It made an amazing difference. I can now drive the faster cars
    with confidence. And guys, I know my wheel is rather out of date, but for now there is no updating it, till the economy improves.

[​IMG]
    And here I am at Imola, enjoying my new found control improvements.

cerebus23 and Snarffu like this.
  16. Thug-Life

Thug-Life Gamer

Buy a DFGT. Assetto Corsa feels amazing with this wheel. The best cheaper wheel on the market.

Snarffu likes this.
  17. Snarffu

Snarffu Racer

Agreed the breaks feel like they could do with a little something. I don't think they are horrible however, defiantly workable, just a little tweaking.

18. Wolfstriked

Wolfstriked Gamer

Good to see you also felt a large improvement.With tax time around the corner maybe you can spare a bit to get some decent equipment to take sim racing to next level.....

19. Enzo Martin

Enzo Martin Racer

Me too, I'm happy with AC, it's the only driving simulator currently on the market, and do not see others on the horizon for the next 10 years.

You probably need to buy a real track-car, only in this way you will solve the points A) to D).
    Good luck!

20. James Gore

James Gore Racer

Comparing AC and iRacing as far as ffb, graphics, or physics goes is fair enough. However, I think the divisiveness and "versus" mentality is simply silly. Neither game is a direct competitor or a threat to the other. I play both for entirely different reasons. It's OK to like more than one sim. Promise. :D