1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Some questions about future 1.15 update!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Donnced2, Jun 15, 2017.

1. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Regarding the possibility that Kunos can submit the 1.15 on PS4 I think it is feasible. Mainly it could depends by their organization and willing. If they have two separate development teams for PS4 and XB1 there should not be any interference.
    My wish is they will be able to release the 1.15 including the new AI and if possible the extended replay and an increase of the cars on the track on PS4 before the year end.

2. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well... If i remind correct they use the ram memory for the replays and would be quite difficult to change the system..
    So,while I'm the first that want full replays and online replays for our racing Leagues... I don't expect any changes on it anymore because it's been asked since launch and nothing changed.

Mor cars on track? In pre alpha they were saying that there would be 12 cars on track... Finally They achieved to put 16 on track... But with the fps stutter festival once you have more than 10 cars on track...

They Really should look forward on performance fixes...because in hood camera the reflection on the hood is even stuttering and slow..

The AI uses also the same car physics engine as the player car...what makes a huge hit on the CPU,the bottleneck of the console..

About consoles development team... Stefano once said in a streaming that they where 3-4 guys for both versions with his supervision now and then..

3. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Well or better bad. If this is the situation there is no chance to see improvements on replays and number of cars. Even the AI improvement seen on PC version I have now some concerns.
    A team of 4 people for two platform as PS4 and XB1 seems to be a little underestimated if ee also consider the potential market.
    Regarding this one I should be very interested to understand the market share of A.C. between the three platforms.

Carlos_Fandango likes this.
  4. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Rookie

Online races there's only visual positioning information sent between players, all information running thru their servers. These two facts are enough for knowing at full replay is easily doable, only lack of interest on developer side. Replay could be produced on server, logging full race there and giving drivers ability to save it locally. Or just logging it locally directly, data amount isn't big, even ram usage shouldn't be problem, if game has now memory to run 1+15(AI) cars 10+ lap races locally with full replay. If memory really is problem, then they just need to flush ram to drive occasionally when there's low cpu load going during race, and there's that kind of places many times in one minute period.

Which means lot higher ram usage on locally played user vs. AI races and still able to record full offline races, so back to that "lack of interest on developer side".. ;)

Carlos_Fandango likes this.
  5. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Locally playing alone the replay take Ram memory to "record" and you can go to 55 minutes of replay.

In a race with AI cars max time goes down to 3.11 minutes of replay...

So You can't even get a full 10 lap race replay offline in Assetto console version..

I think it was also PC version users that said that even on PC the replays records in a sort of "cache" of the Ram..

That the development can make a new way,that is sure... But probably they don't want to rewrite the code of that part of the game..

So i just explained what I've been reading about the replays from assetto..
    For the rest, i really would like to see full replays and a good spectators mode like all of us...
    And Don't have only 1H replay from the ps4 "share" option and only in my view camera...

OdeFinn likes this.
  6. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Rookie

Flushing ram cache to disk isn't a impossible mission, once a minute or two doing it would be enough for their current method, that minute or two period leaves big gap to find low load place on cpu/gpu usage when writing won't hurt gameplay.

7. racevskis

racevskis Rookie

Hang on a minute ... we're going off track a tad . Are they going to release 1.15 for PS4 regardless of the Xbox delayed 1.14 situation ? I am hoping we don't have to wait for Xbox to catch up . They have no issues with PC being ahead of the consoles . So glad i bought AC cheap on Playstore otherwise i'd be very upset .

8. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I assume we will either have to wait for Xbox to catch up to v1.14 before v1.15 lands on both afterwards. or PS4 will receive v1.15 while Xbox will receive a 2-in-1 update called v1.15 which will include the features and content of v1.14 too.

9. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

1.15 PS4 wont come before 1.14 XBOX, just because 1.14 is about to land and I dont believe Kunos will be able to launch 1.15 in June or even it's possible that doesn't arrive on July.

10. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

first Kunos have to program 1.15 pc patch, after this we will got 1.15 console patch.
    this is scheduled program :)

11. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Version numbers do not match on PC and Console, the last PC patch (V1.14) introduced the "ready to race" DLC which we don't have on console yet.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...update-and-ready-to-race-dlc-available.45317/

I'd guess this will arrive in V1.15 on console...Maybe...Hopefully...

12. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

and what? is there something wrong in what i wrote?...:)
    before OURS console patch 1.15, i bet we will have to wait Kunos programming 1.15 pc patch first, like always, cuz Pc users must always be ahead console one:p

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  13. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

The point being V1.14 on PC is what V1.15 will/could/should be on console...

14. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

PC version is already in 1.14.3 (received 3 updates more) and 1.15 update is nearby with good physics improving thanks to Aris.

On consoles we are still looking for features of PC version 1.13 (pitstops strategy, or downshift protection warning) the AI and physics improvings as wind and reverse grid online as the lasted dlc from 1.14 or we are even still awaiting to have false starts and drive trough penalty from 1.07 PC version...

Consoles version number has nothing to see with the PC version...
    As Also the console version is a complete mess with a lot of things missing... And others diferent.

biddazzo and Carlos_Fandango like this.
  15. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

You're only setting yourself up for disappointment hope there will be an update allowing more cars on track. Why would they focus their resources in this area when the game has already been released with 16 cars and part of their design? Which dev has ever done this? There may be the possibility if there was never going to be an AC2 ( not confirmed but likely) and AC was going to be a constant evolution. What are your concerns regarding AI?

More importantly why do people see delays, bugs etc in games as a massive catastrophe and something that is going to destroy their year? For what are essentially games. This is the computer world, bugs happen, delays happen.

paul_wev likes this.
  16. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

You are right: no developer of racing game never changed the number of cars on track after release on the market. And honestly I understand bugs and delays: when you work it could happens. We should also say that no developer released the possibility to fully customize your championship. Notwithstanding, whether it is true, a team of 4 developer for two platforms is with high probability not enough then the delays are due to this organic shortage of resources.
    Then I repeat my question: how many copies of AC have been sold to PC and how many on the other platforms. In the case PC share is much greater than console I can understand the allocation of resources otherwise it is a strategic mistake becuase you are putting an important quote of your market at risk (who said PC 2?).
    Please do not misunderstand me I appreciate very much AC and consider it still the benchmark (especially after 1.14 release) , I wish only Kunos to be more focused on console too

17. mr_malavey

mr_malavey Gamer

Can you please post on YouTube the video of you munching your hat :D
    Ironic I put off modding my wheel for a handbrake for almost a year then 2 weeks after I do it the update comes out

Scuderia Paul and jaxx_za like this.
  18. Is the 1.15 update out for ps4 or am i missing something?

19. Tygo2711

Tygo2711 Rookie

Yep, but i can't download the cars. How about you?

20. Great...cant tell you ,im not home yet