1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Start into the vln season

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pons, Mar 28, 2015.

1. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

I just arrived shortly after the crash at Flugplatz, very strange and sick feeling.
    My condolences to all who are involved. I also hope that Jann is able to recover from this tragedy (mentally).

Btw: I noticed that the front splitter from the Nissan was missing when the car went in the air, maybe that caused the accident?

:(:(

Epocx likes this.
  2. Bailey

Bailey Alien

The front splitter was still on the car.
    ~Bailey

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    nfsw55 likes this.
  3. Blame

Blame Alien

Front splitter would actually be a bigger part to blame for the accident, as that is what would make the car's front end raise when air gets underneath it, its like a wing for an airplane, if you know what I mean.

4. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

Ok, just wondered why the black underfloor ended before the car (look at that yellow stripe)
    But I guess you're right, maybe thats just something to protect the underfloor.

5. Bailey

Bailey Alien

That yellow "stuff" is the splitter. Used to be black, but contact with the ground has worn away the layer.
    ~Bailey

nfsw55 likes this.
  6. Spider

Spider Gamer

7. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

|eXtv| Lucky Luke likes this.
  8. Spider

Spider Gamer

49 Years old from the Netherlands

9. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Dookie and ooqbar like this.
  10. Cefa

Cefa Hardcore Simmer

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Didnt the gamer racers beat the other racers at the Bathurst 12hr? Its sad this happened and its a freak accident. I do wonder why so many people are in between the fences as it seems outside the fence would have been ok in this instance.

I think only marshalls should be allowed in the area the car landed as that second fence must be there for a reason. Still the car could easily have gone deeper so its just luck good or bad in most cases when such freak accidents occur.

12. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Yeah, imo, the worst thing we can do (and any politician or so called 'expert') is judging on what happened without knowing all the facts & data which only the team & investigators know about.
    It simply is a sad thing but society really needs to learn to not point fingers every single time something happens.

Epocx likes this.
  13. Stereo

Stereo Alien

It's 1/4" plywood or something like that, since they expect it to scrape they use something they can replace.

14. Thavron

Thavron Gamer

The second fence is only a very old fence from the past. Nothing that would really prevent something to go through. And the majority of the people watching there are standing directly behind the first fence. So the hurt spectators were not in a place where you were not allowed to go to. I have been standing there too (not yesterday) in past races last year.

15. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

But we do have to acknowledge that driving Gran Turismo with it's 'awesome' physics is not the same as beeing the professional racing driver from age 6 or 7, driving go karts and moving up.. I think it's pretty reckless what GT and Nissan Academy are doing imo.. i don't know..

16. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

So if AC is such a realistic simulator is it possible to reproduce this terrible takeoff with the Nissan at Flugplatz?
    Or was it a technical failure but then you can't blame the driver (recruited from Gran Turismo or not).

17. Epocx

Epocx Alien

No simulator can replicate that accident i am sure. Boris argument is invalid.

How can Nissan Academy be reckless when they do it since 2011 successfully.
    Furthermore wouldnt a bad accident happen at the start of the programm because the "gamer" would totally fail because of the physics?

These arguments do not make much sense.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    Kristaps likes this.
  18. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I didn't mean that. Just saying that it's pretty reckless to put guys in their twenties or whatever, with zero real driving experience, to race in monsters such as GT3 cars.. Why do you think the best drivers in the world start their careers basically before elementary school..

19. Epocx

Epocx Alien

because their parents are rich.
    these people have accidents too.

he was 17 or so when he started, thats plenty of jung enough.
    he was the most talented out of 10000 !
    I did post his race records before...

20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I would still like to know what was the reason for the salto. I don't think it can be reproduced in AC... So it must have been a technical failure or was it high speed in combination with wind (which isn't simulated yet)?
    I always drive this section with full speed and jump but never took off and flipped the car...