1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

System requirements for ACC

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Ace Pumpkin, Feb 21, 2018.

1. haxxx

haxxx Simracer

If the game will run also on Vulkan API, 580 is pretty close to a 1070. Doom 2016 and Wolfestein are an example of comparison.

LeDude83 likes this.
  2. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Well tomorrow we will see if my trusty i5 750 can run ACC as good as AC in VR

3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

No you won’t, no VR until build 2 of EA a month later

4. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Read again, I will see if ACC (no VR) run as good as AC (with VR)

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

My bad, misread

Kopiller likes this.
  6. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

So (regarding to the minimum requirements on the official ACC site), an OS with 32Bit / Win 7 32Bit will not run with ACC, right ? I'm still on 32Bit.

Well, I've a similar PC ready (with just a much more performant Gr.Card), then I'll just set up Win7 64Bit there.. (and try it out in some day) :).

7. Ben Nealon

Ben Nealon Rookie

Anyone know whether i'll have any issues running with a i5 3570k and an Asus 1060 6GB, given the minimum CPU is an i5 4460? Anything architecturally different that will give me any problems...

8. TheGibo

TheGibo Rookie

Is any one know if Phenoms are ok for ACC?

9. TheGibo

TheGibo Rookie

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I guess we have to wait and see...

11. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Not really how it works at all. Vulkan isn't some auto-boost for AMD GPU's by any means.

Doom and Wolfenstein were OpenGL games, which has lacking AMD drivers, so the switch to Vulkan gives them a big boost. Will not be the case at all for DX11->Vulkan comparisons.

AMD's GCN architecture does have a couple things that allow it to make good use of a low level API, but the nature of low level API's is that developers have to really work hard to implement these optimizations, and the actual benefit of doing so(if any) will vary depending on the nature of the software's demands.

Anyways, I dont know of any UE4 titles using Vulkan(though it does apparently support it) and I'd be surprised if Kunos, still a smallish team, would go down that route. Sometimes the ease of getting things working and running well with DX11 are just preferable for a developer.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    mms likes this.
  12. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Well i7 8700k and R7 2700x.
    Full Names are better.

For Intel the new ones are coming out in 2-3 months.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

13. haxxx

haxxx Simracer

Not sure what are you trying to defend.

Sorry to be rude but i didn't ask your technical explanation and second, how that should work for you?

AMD hardware is just better on low level APIs and that's a fact, end of story.

That said i'm not gonna discuss with a random person in the internet about gpu wars.

Deatroy likes this.
  14. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, you'll have problems, I have same cpu and while it runs ok on epic settings when on track by myself, it is a complete stutterfest with a full race grid. Impossible to play AI race. I must need a new CPU but considering the cost of new mobo, ram, cpu, I may just refund the game instead.

Is the performance predicted to get better or worse as the game matures?

15. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

No problem for me on AMD 1700X and GTX1070, 16GB ram.

16. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

@earlyapex: Are you that sure the stutterfest comes from the CPU (when you get no CPU usage warnings at all) ? For me stutterdest only happened when all of the other cars (a huge grid) had its carskins on. When deleting opponents car skins that kind of stutter and freezes was gone. So it was and is more like a graphical (+ GPU ram amount) problem probably and not because of too much (AI-)physics calcualtions at once for the PC's CPU.. . Also happend on tracks with partially more polygons visible (Laguna Seca) = 100% graphically related as well.
    The PC CPUs are so much potent and fast nowadays that they aren't the real problem or limitation anymore, in theory. (Unless there's no L3 cache like an Athlon II X 3 or s.th. ;) .)

17. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Dunno, in the settings, cars visible was set to none. But i tried the special event race and couldn't even reach the start line from the rolling start. How do I reduce the car skins, does that make it all ugly or just doesn't show distant cars? I thought that was what the cars visible setting was for.
    I may try again tomorrow briefly, cant go over 2hrs.

18. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

I'm just correcting misinformation, that's all. I'm certainly happy to not discuss your incorrect ideas of how these things work, though. Saves us both time.

Jebus and mms like this.
  19. Phoenixcat

Phoenixcat Gamer

I have a 2500k, gtx 1080 and 8gb of RAM and i’m Getting 60 FPS with 70% cpu and 70% gpu usage on hot lap. In a race while in a field of cars the FPS drops to 55fps with 100% cpu and 60% gpu usage. I’m pretty happy with that. My monitor is 60 hz and 1080p, so i’m probably getting more than 60fps in hot lap mode.
    I think i’m going to struggle with my oculus though....

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  20. Koppel

Koppel Gamer

Are there benefits on switching to Nvidia? 1080p 60fps should work with GTX 1060, right?