1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Th8a problem

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Honzo, Aug 26, 2016.

1. motoforever

motoforever Rookie

试一下只连接TH8 不要接方向盘 然后进游戏 选择使用方向盘 进赛道 看看TH8有反应没,我觉得这是BUG,我只插TH8 TH8就能用,只要一插T500 TH8就没反应了

2. marcel17121

marcel17121 Rookie

had this problem too. Connect the shifter direct to the ps4 USB and not to the wheel and It works fine.

3. I have had the same problems with my TH8A

4. depart.ed

depart.ed Gamer

One of our member from simracingliga.com knows a fix for the Thrustmaster TH8 Shifter. Before you start Assetto Corsa, you have to put in the first gear (H-Pattern mode) or hold the gear up (sequential mode). By holding the gear up, start AC on your PS4. Hold it until AC is started. Now your shifter works :) I love our community :D They are so smart and I hope Kunos read this, so they can fix it :)

5. rideaseat

rideaseat Rookie

The Th8a shifter is depending on the car you have selected.
    If the car has Pedal shifters (on the steer), then the Th8a does not work.
    If the car has a normal shifter then the Th8a will work.
    In cockpit view mode it is also visible and makes it clear.

Skemekos123 likes this.
  6. zephyr22

zephyr22 Rookie

Unfortunately as I've already pointed out, the H gate is not working for me with cars that have a H gate in real life.

7. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

I tried that with a Lotus Elise at Monza. All I got was first gear, nothing else ! I couldn't select any other gear, even reverse. I had the H shifter in first gear before starting the game, even tried it in first before switching on the PS4. Switched off everything, unplugged the USB and waited, re plugged the USB, put H shifter in first, turned PS4 on, started AC and still only got first gear ?

8. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

I had that issue but i believe i found a way to solve it. You have to connect the th8 via usb before turning on the PS4. If you have already connected it and it's not recognized, then reset the PS4. That works fine for me.

I've read that another way to solve the problem is to start any other game that uses the th8 like Dirt Rally an then go back to assetto, i haven't test that though

9. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

I don't have an issue with the shifter in USB mode, only when using it plugged into the wheel base with the round DIN connector.

10. Perza

Perza Rookie

Ok, tried everything described here but nothing worked for me. So I tried another thing. Plugged the wheel and shifter in ps4 usbs, turned on ps4, in ps4 main menu I unplugged shifter from usb and plugged it in again, started the game and voila, it works. Tried it two times and worked both times. Give it a try.

11. shaunarora

shaunarora Rookie

My shifter also does not work t500 and Th8a plugged directly to USB with h pattern turned on in the options very disappointed

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

12. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

This is taken directly from the 505 games support page :

** Important note! For certain wheels, such as the Thrustmaster T150 and T300, the TH8A shifter will only work in H-Mode when it is plugged directly into your PS4 via USB. When it is plugged into the DIN connector on the wheel base, it will *not* function in H-Mode, and will default to sequential shifting mode. **

Whilst it's nice to know this issue is acknowledged, it gives no indication whether it will be fixed ! Maybe a member of staff could let us know if this is on the list of fixes ?

tschooker and Skemekos123 like this.
  13. shaunarora

shaunarora Rookie

On the thrustmaster site it says it is supported directly connected maybe the t500 and th8 combination do not work would be good for them to get back to us

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Skemekos123 likes this.
  14. tonymopar440

tonymopar440 Rookie

PlayStation 4 TH8RS steps taken with no success

Restart PlayStation 4 - no success

Restart game - no success

Plugged into right USB port - no success

Plugged into left USB port - no success

Updated T500RS to 43 update - no success

Verified H-pattern on under advanced settings- no success

Started Project Cars, tested in project cars then to AC - worked once

Not TH8RS works every time on Project cars.

When it did work that one time on AC was flawless.

If anyone has found a solution or can add to these steps that were tried to help pinpoint a solution, it would be great and it might help developers figure out a solution faster

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

The TH8Rs doesn't appear as a supported shifter for console, whereas the TH8A does. Maybe that's the problem.

As I said, with a T500 and a TH8A I have no problem as long as they are connected before turning on the PS4

16. tonymopar440

tonymopar440 Rookie

I disagree the only difference between the Th8a and Th8rs is the connection end of which the Th8a I understand comes with adapter to give it the USB connection. Other than that it is identical. Even driver updates from Thrustmaster are for both shifters so that tells me they are identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. GatoSelvagem

GatoSelvagem Guest

I have a T500, a TH8RS, and a TH8A.
    Both shifters are plugged into a Sabrent 4 Port USB Hub.
    The hub is plugged into the PS4s' usb port next to the optical drive.
    The TH8RS is setup as an H-shifter, TH8A setup as a sequential.

I ran AC on PS4 for more than a few hours over weekend...
    ...the H-shifter worked perfectly on every car that has one IRL.
    I've run every car in the standard version of AC's PS4 digital version.

Easy to confirm if car has H, in-game, go to cockpit view with the wheel…
    …you can tell by the hand movement if its H-shifter in most cases.
    I had to that a few times to figure out if car had manual SQ. or H.
    Verify if you have H shifter enabled in options too.

Regarding the TH8A setup as a sequential...
    ....I've found that if I go back to paddle shifters after using the sequential...
    ...I have to disconnect the sequential. Otherwise the paddles are not recognized.
    It might be by design, as it forces commitment to SQ so paddles can't be used on same run.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    About the Sabrent USB hub I use:
    The hub has On/Off Power Switches for each port.
    I've used this setup since GT5 because PS3/PS4 only have 2 USB ports.
    I simply turn the power on for shifter I want to use, and turn off the other.
    I leave all other ports turned off.

More info on hub:
    https://www.sabrent.com/product/HB-UMLS/4-port-usb-2-0-hub-power-switches-black

18. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

Here:

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/th8-rs?destination=331/2

They only speak of PS3 and PC

Whereas here they add PS4

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/th8a-add-shifter?destination=331/2

Plus, in kunos's list only TH8A appears. So, think whatever you want..

19. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Note with a T300RS when the TH8A has the sequential plate on you can still use it plugged into the wheel base, it just piggy backs onto the L1 and R1 switches. The paddles remain active as well doing this.

I do hope that support for the TH8A through he T300 base is added, I have enough wire trailing across the living room floor already!

I also hope the lets us map the gears to different locations as I like to run the shifter rotated through 180 degrees so 5th and 6th have a hard edge (not many manual boxes have 7 forward gears). ;)

20. tonymopar440

tonymopar440 Rookie

I will think this because:

1 My TH8rs works with project cars and drive club on PS4 with zero issues

2 PC driver release notes show driver are for both A and RS

3 Say they are not compatible is like saying a Euro spec PS4 won't work in America even though the only difference is the physical connection. Just change the physical connect and both are identical.

4 Doesn't those with with T500rs have to use USB adapter to plug TH8A directly into ps4 to play AC?

5 Link from Thrustmaster showing their PC shifter driver is for both Th8A and RS http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/th8rs/ReleaseNote_2015_TH8RS_1.txt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk