1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The best GT3 car?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by slopps, May 22, 2016.

1. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Yep, no doubt in RL everyone drives the same car because no-one wants to be in the "slower" car, am I right?

It's not like cars have advantages and disadvantages and all of em have a chance to win that's just rubbish. Every RL driver has the same car because that's how you win races! Who didn't know that?

2. iVG

iVG Alien

I pick the same car because I'm faster.

Come get me pal, I'm hungry --

EDIT: No, It's not the 650S..

TERRA21 likes this.
  3. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Wow. Really?
    So you took offense to me saying to another person it's lame to use the same car in MP?
    You came here to pick a fight over that?
    That's pretty precious don't you think? ? It's the only conclusion I can draw from that one line.

I said what I said if you don't like that or can't handle it or have taken offense or anything else then tough cookies, live with it. I don't tell you how to think or what to say so don't tell me how to think or what to say.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  4. iVG

iVG Alien

Come get me. I'm lame and I drive only one GT3 car competitively. It's not even one of the top 3 'fastest' cars pointed out in OP.

you dont get it do you

5. slopps

slopps Simracer

you're telling me you drive the same GT3 car, over and over? Every single lap?
    you don't change every race?
    That iS SOOOOO LAME!

6. iVG

iVG Alien

No I jump in another car which I parked on the pit straight myself, you know, jump from window to window just like you do in arcade games

slopps likes this.
  7. Although this isn't what the OP was referring to... In my personal experience:
    I seem to post my best times in the Nissan, but I prefer the Lambo. I least enjoy the Merc SLS.

Just my own experience.

8. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

No, there are a lot of factors that go into a team's choice of car, but in RL said team typically sticks with it for a season or many seasons. They use that time to tweak, tune, adjust, test, and practice with the same car so that they can truly master it. (And that's what makes a car fast.)

You seem to think the OP is suggesting that everybody only choose the 650s. That's not what he's saying. He's saying *he* will always choose the 650s, because it's the car *he'*s best in. Presumably by doing so he will be able to truly master the car and reach his maximum potential. That seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do... which is why the rest of us are a little taken aback at your reaction.

On a personal level, I'm more like you in the game. I like to take a car, drive it for a week or two, get to know it well enough, and move on to something different. In RL though, I keep a car for a *very* long time. I tune and tweak and practice in them for many years. (6 so far in my Subaru.) And it's very rewarding.

jayrac3r, iVG and alex72 like this.
  9. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Sorry I can see where you may think I meant everyone with the "let them all pick the...." but I meant to say if OP wants to use the 650 then let him.

OP "i just meant fastest - i just wanted to know which one was quickest on track." That's actually what he meant by this thread, not which car "he was best in". Sorry but I didn't read it that way.

If I must justify my earlier comments then here goes, OP's testing was based on one track and he wants to know which car is the fastest across all the tracks, you gotta agree he wasn't being specific to just the track he tested on.

Hence there's a problem in his mentality not a lack in his skill set, if you don't practice in the other cars you won't get any faster. Cars react different and need to be driven differently. And most importantly there is no "fastest" car.

Judging by his post he jumped in every car and did 5-10 laps to evaluate each car and based his decision from that point on to "always drive the 650S".

He is basing his decision to use one car on those quick and sharp results. If he said, ohh btw I have 1000 hours racked up on the 650S and I don't drive the other cars then by god of course you would expect his times to be better in the 650S. I don't think comparing race driver / teams to him is a far comparison. I think it's stretching the bow a bit thin if you start to compare a race team to some guy trying to figure out which car is the fastest in a sim, if that's the best counter argument you have then sorry I think you're wrong.

There isn't just one car that wins every race from my experience online so the whole thread and his question is just erroneous.

The point I was trying to make below was this, if you are a good driver who for example knows his or her lines and knows the track inside out or someone who is highly skilled often that's enough to stay competitive if not win more often then not. The car is just the vessel often it's the driver that makes it competitive.

Maybe re-read what I said without getting all upset over the word lame?

Personally I think driving skills far outweigh the performance numbers a car may have.
    And beating someone in a slower car is way more rewarding. I say let them all pick the 650, you're still going to be eating dirt.

A slower driver in a faster car versus a faster driver in a slower car, typically the slower car wins.

I going to leave it there. I really don't care if you had a reaction to me calling someone lame for using the same car over and over.

iVG likes this.
  10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

By doing properly set up, you may find out and you almost certain you will, that your list will change , in every single track.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

11. Gazman

Gazman Racer

My first pick is the SLS GT3, because I love the sound and it's power output. I have slowly been coming around to the new AMG GT3 .
    The Audi is full retard,
    The Mclarens they're a bit weird a well, I believe it can be fast.
    Hurracan GT3, please the steering wheel, the Motec, pretty much the whole cockpit has been hit with an ugly stick. I don't care how it drives Sitting in the cockpit nothing feels Lamborghini about it..
    Nissan haven't really looked at it . I tried it once or twice , too much front end barge .
    BMW Z4 GT3 , don't like hatchback shape, never did. The M6 GT3 , horn bag ,can't wait for it to come out.

12. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

For me all the GT3 cars are great to drive,every car in its own way. Depends on my mood, i drive them all. At themoment its the Nissan as i am working on some sound improvements. the days before it was the AMG...it also depends on the tracks.

I prefer Nissan @ Monza, AMG at Nürburgring and Huracan @ Brands...but i am not that alien driver. gap is allways arround 2-5 sec. to leader per lap at good servers.

13. jayrac3r

jayrac3r Rookie

Tough call. I like trying each car but I'm obsessed with Nürburgring Nordschleife and use that track to form an opinion on each car. The Z4 is my go to car in almost every simulator I play. I love it because I own a BMW in RL and I love the handling of it in the game. To me, it just fits my style of driving the most.

*I recently stumbled upon the m1 Procar turbo mod and have thoroughly enjoyed driving that as well. Granted it isn't a gt3 car, but it represents that agile BMW feel.