1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 The better I get...the better I get...

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Dave53, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Laptimes are only relevant within the poll of drivers participating, so if you did good with 2:23, it's good. You don't have to be the fastest to win a race as you already know, but surely you have to learn and practice to get more pace to be competitive in the leagues with more experienced drivers. Sub 2:20 in GT3 on Spa is a must here. On a long track like Spa, being 2-3 seconds slower looks like a huge gap, but it really isn't that much per turn and those top speed straights. So it might look impossible to go from 2:23 to under 2:20, but it's really just a 1/10sec faster in each turn and making sure top speed through f.i. Eua Rouge and Kemmel are maintained to get that extra second.

Dave53, 365gt, paul_wev and 1 other person like this.
  2. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

There was a time not too long ago (maybe prior to Mar/Apr this year) that I was stuck in the high 2:24 to mid 2:25 range, so I suppose things will come around in due time with practice and patience. If that takes a year or two more, then so be it! Not like I can get tired of hearing the 488 GT3 especially sing and dance around Spa anyway...

Just in amazement at how the big boys at the 24 hour race dropped 2:17s and 2:18s in qualifying like they were nothing!

Dave53 and 365gt like this.
  3. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

Yes, it was indeed a long time ago...you could say I'm on the downhill run! Still love my racing, though!

This picture is what it looked like!!!
    Mate...it seems like a lifetime ago!!

This is pretty much what it looked like...

[​IMG]

4. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

...and here is another that we used to play 'back in the day' - 'Night Driver'. How do you get around a lack of graphics? Easy, make it at night, and just show the road-edge guideposts!!

[​IMG]

5. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Very true but i suffer chronic migrains so anything like that for me is a no no:eek:

6. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Used to love that game.Brings back a lot of memories.

Dave53 likes this.
  7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I remember that one, evolving into Supercars on the Amiga :)

365gt and Dave53 like this.
  8. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Have you watched Aris' tutorials? That helped me get faster by quite a bit.

They had the newer 4 player version at my local arcade.

9. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

I had that on my Atari game system way back when

T300rs , t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.

10. uelas_77

uelas_77 Simracer

you all made a great portraing of this simulator, you couldn't convey it better. I feel much alike and same as you expressed, and that's also a sign that we're not "fanboys" in the bad term... I have played every possible driving simulation since I was 7 years old, and I managed to play too Sprint and Night Driver (thanks for bringing back those fragmented memory chunks).

I've started with Spectrum ZX, then a lot of Amiga, then a lot of PC with its endless upgrades and fixes / tweaks to get a hold on..., then after a lot of PC playing I was needing a more minimal approach, and thus.... XBOX, X360, and then PS4.... since I got into PS4, the waiting for a decent driving game has been pretty long.... started with need for speed, then driveclub, and Project Cars.... this last one got me hooked for hundreds and hundreds of hours.... despite the flaws and the objective predictability you get on the simplified physics model it has (in my opinion of course)... when I got into AC, exactly what you all experienced.... and it's nice to share this in a quiet way, since rarely I get into forums.... but I definitely like the vibe of posts like this, and of WHC series, pretty rare to find nowadays around the net.... is like AC has satisfied a lot of the features we were aiming for (despite being imperfect), being first of all a passion work for passionate people (besides the real needs to make it fit in to a market with all that it means).

cheers

11. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

Cheers to you, my friend!

Great comments. I appreciate your comments re the vibe of this thread. There are a lot of decent, very keen racers of all ages and abilities out there, I think we just need to tap into that vein.

As a bloke in my mid fifties, I am not the fastest, but I love my racing, and sharing the experience with other like-minded respectful folk.

pippo10, StyleF1re, uelas_77 and 3 others like this.