1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The default ingame apps, telemetry and suspension, how they work?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Actionjackson, Jan 2, 2015.

1. ok i have 2 problems i dont know how to slove;

1st i drive shelby cobra on lake luise map, first i open telemetry tab, by driving i think i figured out that the yellow line is the end of suspension travel and the red line is the suspension moving...or so?

by this i think when my red line cross over the yellow line the suspension is bottoming out? is that right?

now i tried to work with this, and change dampers setting to get the suspension eat all the bumps without bottoming out. at first i looked like iam on the right path after some time i had something i thought is good.

to try it out i put some extreme values, i made front springs extreme soft and front fast bump extreme hard, only on front, i kept rear as it is.
    now the telemetry thingy show horrible data on front, while breaking the red line almost allways touch the yellow one, often going over the yellow line in fast corners and stuff.

but, its makes brutal grip, when bottomed out? i dont understand that, when the suspension travel is at max or over the max(at least that what i think it means), the car just bites the road, it feels extremely strong on FFB(compared to what it was before), the the still more hard rear comes around and you can be very quick in it, it just drive horrible.

i think i dont understand the telemetry screen, maybe it show other data than i think it does? i need help with this.

2nd problem is with the default ingame "suspension" app, that shows the tire temperatures in the middle.

the tire temperatures are extremely unresponsive, i keep spinning the wheels and sliding in turns yet the temperature go casually up 1° in a turn, very slow, i do the weirdest things in car and the tire temperatures dont react at all as i would expect. they go up slow and fall slowly as i drive, but i can not read out actualy tire deformation(by wrong pressure) and effectiveness of camber setting by looking at temperature changes while i am in the middle of the turn?

so far the tire temp app is kinda useless to me, other than to see if tires are warm or cold but i feel that as i drive anyways, but its like the app does not care about what i do with the tires, its just does not react at all.
    like when i spin out and tire surface should get extremely hot for short time and cool down rapidly soon after to a normal value, the app doesnt show that, i spin out and gain 1° temperature. how is that possible i dont understand it?

please anyone can help in this?

phil likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Ingame Apps reset to Default Sep 2, 2018
    XBox One Discussions Restore AC restore car default setup Dec 16, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Which setup does the AI use in ACC? Is it the default setup or a different one? Nov 24, 2022
    ACC User Interface Default keyboard shortcuts not working Nov 19, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Can you change default car setups using Content Manager? Nov 3, 2022
    ACC Gameplay [1.8.11] Starting on wet tires causes tire change to be unchecked by default in pit menu Mar 11, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No default controls presets on clean install Jan 6, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DEFAULT FOV? Dec 26, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Previous Special Events Set to Default Dec 20, 2021
    ACC Physics Tyre sets and telemetry laps in M4 GT3 default setups Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Wrong value in "defaultGridPosition" in the entrylist generate from server Aug 30, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Default camera views point all over the place....even under car...lol Aug 16, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No defaults for Thrustmaster TX wheel in settings Jul 11, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Server Message: Ctrl info carId1001 (Gramlich): wheel, running defaults Jun 10, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Controls [Double binding on default input] May 2, 2021

3. even if my questions may be very noobish, just tell me so and give some links where i can read up on the stuff ;)
    since noone post i guess it was already talked about a lot? help :oops:

4. McStinger

McStinger Racer

sry, cant help you mate...

I´ve done (and enjoyed) more than 500h Assetto Corsa, but still dont understand this (poorly flashed/overlayed)
    ingame stuff "telemetry/suspension" apps... its a shame, but true (and to me, it has every reason for it)

Anyone able to explain in a comprehensible way!? thx!

phil likes this.
  5. TomTrick

TomTrick Gamer

Regarding tyre temps, AC show core temperatures of the tyre, thats why they dont change quickly

6. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

Use motec for telemetry, its way easier to comprehend things.

7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I assume the telemetry menu was once planned to be developed into a full telemetry station, but they abandoned the idea, leaving this remains only. AFAIC these remains could safely be deleted from the program. A comfortable interface linking the data output by AC more comfortably with an external display software like MOTEC, would be more clever now. Right now it can be done, but the procedure is not really elegant nor comfortable.

8. You cant just play with extreme spring rates. To do that, you need to rewrite the suspension travel because of the change in the static deflection.

There are many threads in thr forum that covers the subject, so I recommend you give it a little search button love? ;)

9. ok thanks guys,

now what good is core tire temperature? is there "any" use for it? if my tires are hot or cold i feel while driving, so what else can core temperature help me with? is it just so you can try to get optimal "overall" tire temperatures for the compound you choose, and thats it?

i dont quiet understand. i saw that less spring rate lowers my ride height, i am not sure how to see how much suspension travel i have available in the first place. the values in the setup are all just "numbers". like fast bump 2548? what is that, equivalent strenght to 2548 rubber ducks?
    the thing is when i lower spring rate to minimum and add maximum amount of rubber ducks to front fast bump, its drives bad but make good grip while the suspension should just bottom out?

felipe can you remember any "good" thread about this you can link me, if not i have to start searching through all of them. i tried to use search briefly but there where so many similar topics with more or less info in it, it turn me off to look through all of them. maybe i used wrong search parameters.

about the telemetry;

ok good to know i just turn the telemetry off since its kinda pointless? so iam back to square 1, every setup change i did in response to telemetry app was BS it seems? :D
    i never looked at motec so far, is there a free version that works with assetto? i have a single screen, do i need to have a 2nd screen for it? or can it just run in background and still record data and it work?

10. Phil_L

Phil_L Rookie

11. Its not pointless, its very very useful if you know what to look for. The yellow line shows where in the full travel range is the bumpstop. When the the red line crosses the yellow, it means that the suspension is compressing the rubber bumpstops. If your car is constantly riding on its rubbers and its not a Bmw, then its probable that theres something wrong there.

The thing is that the suspension travel, in AC, is all relative to point 0, so everytime that you change spring rates, the car will also change its ride height, so you need to recalculate the travel range as its relative to point 0.

Im currently on vacations and on an Ipad, so I wont do the search for you, sorry, its your job, thus, searching and researching the forums is the only way you can learn it, besides, before you start messing with car physics, its highly recommended that you read some real car tuning and engineering literature, like Tune to win, Chassis Design, Competition car suspension, shock absorbers handbook, just to name a few. No easy shortcut really.

12. many thanks Phil_L! this looks overwhelmingly perfect, gona dive into this.

13. @Felipe

ok i see, yellow line is the packers/rubbers, thats why i can go over the yellow line, i was wondering why.
    i go use search function.

i think the books are overkill, i just need to know how it works "ingame" and that is not necessarily like it works in real world. it aims to be be close but how close it is is anyone's guess. but thanks anyways i keep that literature in mind as last resort, its not like i wana tune real cars but if i have to read that stuff i guess i have to.
    in real life iam not into cars so much, i just like the sim racing. i dont even own a car, just me and me motorbike, 2 wheels, a motor, a seat and handle bars. that all i ever need :D (EDIT: well maybe add front brakes to that :D)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    witoldinho likes this.
  14. how does the telemetry option work? how can you select an opponent? or is it that you can only compare it to your laps?
    thanks
    [​IMG]