1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

One of my best moments in life is when you guys manage to recognize a real car handling, from some pixels on a screen, controlled by some kind of electric motored peripheral.
    Thank you all.

2. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

This pack is te best Christmas gift ever!Love the Laguna Seca,top job!
    I didnt have time to drive cars more but Performante is my fav for now!What a machine!
    New Pagani is great too (Still crying for Road manual gearbox Zonda thoo haha)
    Giulia is biggest disappointment for me...maybe love will grow with time LOL
    Dont like the sound at all (Not talking devs make it bad but I just dont like it at all) but thats me oldschool N/A sound freak.Driving position is strange no metter how I adjust the camera..M4 BMW seems a lot more balanced end IMO easier to control and slide around...+ to me it sound better.
    Gotta try other vars more...All the best to AC team.You are the best!I hope you will make us happy for a long long time!

Dean Ogurek and ALB123 like this.
  3. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

@BrandonW77 :D:D

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

You and the Kunos team have helped me relive some of my greatest moments in life. A few years ago me and a friend took a BMW E92M3 from RSR For 12 laps at the Nordschleife, every once in a while I run that combo in AC and it reminds me of those awesome times because it feels the same as I remember it. The right hand corner for instance before the carousel that is really easy to oversteer the car, I did that almost every real lap I did there.

Also the 34GTR at Barbagallo (mod track, I know but not the most complex track in the world), I ran many laps of that track in real life in my 32GTR and the physics feel perfect, knowing the differences between the 32 and 34 I’d say it’s spot on physics wise

5. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I don't know what it is about Laguna Seca, but it seems to highlight the differences in the road cars to a point where they are very apparent. Car-to-car, it is almost black and white. It's strange, not in any way detracting from the other beloved tracks in Assetto (Laguna is not my favorite, Imola is :D ), but the driving experience seems heightened on the new track, the sim experience becomes closer to real life. I haven't smiled this much since Assetto arrived years ago, then the Red Pack this year. I forgot to mention the 570S...Randy Pobst mentioned the oversteer under power...he forgot to mention the turn-in oversteer! But watch the video...it shocks him! Mentions the sense of 4-wheel drive...yes! Same thing in the sim! Such a rewarding lap at Leguna.

Is it that Laguna, unlike many other tracks, is technical in a very flowing way? Is it the width of the track perhaps? I don't know...but I am loving how clear the physics of the cars seem. All this...in a sim for a price no supercar will ever sport.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  6. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

Check out the video where Randy talks about P1 and 918 on Laguna Seca (and about differences). You can find everything he says by driving those cars in AC

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I think one of the reasons is that Randy is good on describing the cars handling and he is enthusiast about it. I really like the guy. Other reasons being that laguna is very technical and exposes handling and driver errors.

8. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Well, that and the fact that Randy is good (and has gotten very much better over the years) at giving his initial reactions while driving. It's unfiltered, true, all car characteristics laid bare...probably bad for manufacturers, but a goldmine for those of us who have trouble finding people (or asking those we do find) about how these cars actually handle.

LChaves, chksix and rafikens1000 like this.
  9. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

The thing with people that review cars is that they have to give the max info about the car while pleasing the manufacturers. Some manufacturers are... special, and wont let you try their cars if you even hint their cars have some fault.

You know what bald (and superb) journalist I have in mind.

F430_458_F12 and chksix like this.
  10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

That’s why I liked the original top gear (Clarkson), there was no sucking up to the manufacturers. For a good example and some entertainment check out the Chrysler Crossfire review

11. Turk

Turk Alien

I have liked Randy but the video he did on the KIA stinger had a whiff of sponsorship about it. He seemed overly positive about everything in the video.

The credibility youtube creators had has been severely eroded as it's been more commercialized. I trust no American or UK celebrity they'd sell their own testicals for the right price and to see their face on TV.

MrDoku and nate like this.
  12. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Because Top Gear was the biggest TV program on the planet on that time. Every manufacturer would like to have such relevance, even if it was in a bad way.

And that probably why Chris Harris is no longer banned from Lamborghini. He is in Top Gear now.

PD: Dont like Top Gear. Neither the old one (talking about the Clarkson/Hammond/May one, not the original) or the new one. It is over scripted and it pretends to satisfy the big public. It's not a progamme for car enthusiastics, it's a programme for the big public with cars on it so the reviews are empty and predictible. It is fun though :D

Rosko likes this.
  13. agrip 2

agrip 2 Gamer

Thats why I suck at it :).

@Aristotelis I drive a Volvo V70 wagon, the reglar ~140 bhp version. Which car in AC would you think is closest to my Volvo?

I rather crash a "Volvo" in AC at LS than in real life..

Thanks for the great work!

14. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

Re the old Top Gear: they could be honest in car reviews (not 'right' necessarily) because it was a BBC show, and hence didn't rely on advertisers. (The BBC as a state broadcaster has bias towards the UK government, not directly to private businesses).

15. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

DUDE!! Are you trying to get me beat up?? :eek:

...runs away from the angry mob

sissydriver, Schnipp and Whitestar like this.
  16. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Will the public get the 1.16.1 today or is that beta only? Not important. Just asking.

17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Then the manufacturers will blacklist you... Apparently Elon Musk still won’t speak to the BBC after TG took the piss out of the Tesla Roadster years ago.

18. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Top Gear(show) is mainly for entertainment.

But their magazine is excellent for car enthusiasts. I still prefer Evo, but Top Gear is close behind.

Schnipp and SlimCharles like this.
  19. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

~68MB - it started right now :)

20. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Top Gear magazine is very good. Chris Harris for example really behaves like himself in the magazine. In the show is like some actor reading a script. Which talks very good of the intentions of each.