1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tire temperature issue?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by RedRaven, Oct 5, 2016.

1. RedRaven

RedRaven Rookie

Hi all,

i'm running on PS4, patch 1.03. Using the GT2 class cars i'm having strange behaviors. The only one that has realtime, in-car feedback is the Corvette C7R, in hotlap my best lap is always the first one. i have the optimal grip and i can get good times. then, from the second lap grip is terrible and i cannot get better, i get worse instead, by seconds.
    The C7R dashboard starts showing "30" for all tires. What's this? i inflated tires at 22, and temperature cannot be 30°.. anyway, when it's around 30, it's OK, by the second lap front tires are around 40-45 and grip is terrible. If i stop and let cool down i get back to 30, and grip is fine.. for one lap.
    Oh, tire consumption is OFF for the test, and thermo covers are ON.
    I've tried to fiddle with: camber, front aero, inflating pressure, compound. The all have impact, but i still get to the infamous 45, and no grip.
    Finally, if i get to the pits i don't have the tire temperature display, i get N/A instead.
    The same holds absolutely true also for, at least, the GT2 Ferrari 458 and BMW Z4. no in-cockpit display, but same feeling.

Any opinion? is this a bug? am i missing something?

thanks

cheers,

M.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Asphalt temperature does not change tire temperature and pressure Dec 2, 2023
    ACC Tools Is there a sim dashboard to display tires temperatures? Apr 27, 2022
    ACC Physics Tire temperatures Jan 7, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Tire temperature at less rain Jun 29, 2020
    Bug reports HUD Tire temperature for Colorblinds Mar 29, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Tire Pressure vs Tire Temperature; Which is more realistic? Dec 16, 2018
    ACC Physics Tire Temperature vs Car Control Dec 14, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tire Pressure vs Tire Temperature; Which is more realistic? Dec 9, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Lower tire pressures - higher tire temperatures. Is it always like that ? Jan 4, 2018
    Console Lounge Optimal Tire Pressure and Temperature Apr 24, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tire surface temperature variation Feb 20, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tire temperatures never get green Feb 20, 2017
    Console Lounge Tire Temperature Don't Seem To Work (Most of the Time) Nov 17, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Is tire temperature distribution actually doing anything? Nov 12, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tire temperatures Oct 18, 2016

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Not having the console version I dont know if it shows any tyre data, but it really should as its almost impossible to figure out a setup and tyre choice with no pressure, wear and temp data preferably in real time.

The fastest tyre will not necessarily be the softest compound as it depends on track type and weather greatly. On a track with high load corners and higher temps the softer compounds may overheat quickly and so be much slower then the harder tyres. You need to know optimum tyre temps and pressures then try and set the car up to work in this range, a track like Brands hatch for example in the gt2 cars at 26c ambient 36c track temp is about the same lap time wise on softs and mediums. The super softs over heat way too much and so are much slower no matter how you prepare your outlap, the medium tyres you can push fairly hard and keep close to optimum temps but the softs tend to get a bit overheated on the left side so you cant push as much and also wont keep it at ideal range for many consecutive laps.

This is not a bug and a feature of the tryes with v10 tyres in the latest PC build and possibly console after latest patch, the main issue with the console would be if you dont have any way of seeing the realtime tyre info like you can with the tyres app on the pc build.

4. RedRaven

RedRaven Rookie

I've tried other compounds, with no significant change. My benchmark track for this is Catalunya. The only car with some dashboard feedback is the C7R, and behaves as i wrote. I'll try the hard tires, but super soft, soft and medium are virtually unusable after one single lap, regardless of wild changes in car setup. I don't think it's normal.

5. RedRaven

RedRaven Rookie

Oh, and if you search youtube for in cockpit races with the C7R, you'll see either "0" displayed for all 4 tires (weird) or something around 35, for all the race, that would be super OK, but on console it quickly ramps to 45 on fronts.

6. That number is pressure (in PSI), not temperature. For GT2 cars, aim for 35PSI (thats hot, not cold...)

7. RedRaven

RedRaven Rookie

Ok but i inflate to 25, then the moment i get on track it's 30, instantly, and i cannot hold it under 45 for continuous lapping. I'll try to raise pressure and see what happens.

8. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Sounds like your tire pressures are to low or it is indeed a bug that need fixing

9. I'd suggest lowering then - the pressures in the setup are COLD pressures, when you go on track the ambient is a bit higher, to pressures are a bit higher. Then you drive which heats them up further, creating even more pressure.

What you want is to lower them so when you are hotlapping the pressure is around 35, so cold pressures must be a lot lower.

10. RedRaven

RedRaven Rookie

Mmh, if i lower pressure (i've tried 20 too) i'll get more friction, more heat.. i'll try both, on a harder compound too.

11. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Camber plays a big part, more camber=more heat, less camber=less heat

12. mESCx

mESCx Simracer

Probably you are using SuperSoft tyres, they are not made for continuous lapping, they overheating very fast at most of the tracks, especially when track temperature is bigger than 20 degrees, in most cases they will last good for only 1 hotlap.

First of all you need to try harder compounds ( soft, medium, hard etc.) and lower tyre pressure on front tyres.

13. RedRaven

RedRaven Rookie

Yeah, i know, i've also tried this, with little results. Maybe i'll try:

-less camber
    -more (or less) pressure (see what happens)
    -harder compound

let's see.

14. RedRaven

RedRaven Rookie

No, i've tried Supersoft, Soft, Medium.

15. mESCx

mESCx Simracer

No, do not raise pressure, you will lose a lot of footprint area

16. mESCx

mESCx Simracer

On what track ? And what track temperature?

17. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Or You could try raising tyre pressures to the maximum then gradualy work your way down to the pressure that seems the most stable, in terms of grip and temperature

18. RedRaven

RedRaven Rookie

Catalunya

19. mESCx

mESCx Simracer

Definetely not a track for soft tyres, medium/hard compounds should be just fine.
    Medium will require lowering front tyre pressure though...

20. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

If only the front tires are getting that hot you may be overdriving the car in corners. Do you get a lot of understeer, or do you turn into the corners very hard?

21. RedRaven

RedRaven Rookie

I get understeer. But i'm driving "normally" and it happens after just one lap. I feel it most in wide-radius corners in Catalunya, where you can just take the trajectory and push as much as the car can hold it, no complex manouvering here.