1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

To Get To The Highest Level

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by phil, Apr 29, 2014.

1. phil

phil Alien

I have a question in mind since a long time now,

to get to the perfect simracing game , i think all simracers on the planet have in mind .It should be a game with a steering wheel feeling close to real and a graphism close to a real picture.

For me (it´s just my opinion) today , we have ASSETTO CORSA , wich is the best , regarding realism handling and feelings in the steering wheel (FFB or what ever it should be called, lol) .

On the other side GRAPHICALLY, there is one "car game" (not a sim racing game) who get to a high level , is PCars.

I think if we take this two positives points on this two plaforms , we´ll could get to the Highest Level and the "PERFECT" SIMRACING game will be born?

So why not?

Put the "SAME" graphism effects likethe one in PCars, in ASSETTO CORSA and it´s done.

PS: The AC graphism are excellent already ;)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Traction Control Levels. 1 = Highest? Mar 26, 2017
    ACC User Interface ACC doesn't always default to the highest monitor refresh rate - And you cant chose which to use. Jan 21, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Highest rated cars in Assetto Corsa ? Dec 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Highest client interval Hz in server config? Mar 8, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Highest possible settings for 26ai @ 60fps Jul 1, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Green Grip Level Apr 21, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Difficulty level per track Feb 26, 2023
    ACC Audio EVERY TIME I OPEN THE GAME THE AUDIO LEVEL GOES TO 100% Feb 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Change difficulty level in championship Nov 20, 2022
    General modding discussion Tell me about grip level in mods Nov 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel works in first level options - but not when about to drive? Oct 5, 2022
    General modding discussion Where to set up headlight aim control (leveling animation)? Sep 24, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer How is my level calculated for running with my peers? Aug 19, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] SimHaven - Full GT3 grids for drivers of all levels | Friday 7pm BST Jun 30, 2022
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres More TC & ABS levels for cars May 28, 2022

3. I agree pCars do have impressive graphics and a decent physics.
    AC do have impressive physics and good graphics.
    Perhaps on a later v. 1.xxx we could have pCars graphics quality in AC :D

4. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

AC = overall physics, most car setup elements, moddability, Euro content, general road-racing experience
    pCars = graphics, sound (however, there is talk of AC sound engine "revamp" after 1.0)
    iRacing = multiplayer racing system, netcode, US content
    Gran Turismo = Japanese content
    NASCAR Racing 2003 Season = overall oval racing support, general oval racing experience
    Next Car Game = visual damage/overall crash physics (however, AC's are yet to be seen)
    Richard Burns Rally = off-road physics, general rallying experience (again, AC's is yet to be seen)

That's pretty much it, in my opinion.

Latastu and Snarffu like this.
  5. iVG

iVG Alien

Us sim racers don't care as much of eye candy. In my opinion AC look remarkably good and realistic without looking cartoonish. It's all so distracting when you see the blur and bloom used so much where all you need is see the apex and cars around you...It's not NFS, it's a sim, and as such, AC has amazing graphics.

Mogster likes this.
  6. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

You forgot about rFactor and GameStockCar :D

EDIT: Take a look

7. endgame

endgame Racer

meh I dont get the fuss over pCARS graphics, they're nothing special imo. Replays look ok but in cockpit view everything looks raw, jaggy and shimmery. To top it off it runs like crap when you add AI, weather and night racing.

8. iVG

iVG Alien

+1 @endgame
    I'd rather have Kunos focus on expanding AC with weather, more tracks, different types of cars (some retro ones like the Capri obove or similar to the e30) and all that stuff rather than graphics. By the way whoever thinks lighting is off in AC take a look at this:

[​IMG]

Mogster likes this.
  9. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

LFS clutch and transmission model + visual tire flex
    RF2 real road
    iR's mechanical damage (i like hard core damage)
    BeamNG visual damage and soft body physics

João Monteiro likes this.
  10. Having overly saturated colors and strange effects does not mean having better graphics imo.
    I don't wanna play and think "Oh god, this must be instagram" everytime.

iVG likes this.
  11. iVG

iVG Alien

It's sad some still think WoW-style graphics are still modern and realistic...

12. Anyone still think that @iVG :eek: :D
    Very strong colours in WoW I always thought :)

13. Ethan Dean

I based my opinion of pCars' graphics off of this video, and some various screenshots I've seen. I don't know what's changed since this video was shot, since I don't yet own or play pCars, but it doesn't look "WoW-style" in the slightest. If that comment was directed to me, iVG, then I kindly ask that you stop talking down to me like I'm some ignorant bloom-obsessed COD player. Also, don't say "us sim racers" like you're speaking for everyone. Everyone has his/her own invidual preferences concerning what makes or breaks the immersion for them. I remember someone saying that the wrong kind of trees at the Nordschleife broke immersion for him. While I think that's a bit nuts, he's entitled to say so if that's how he feels.

Furthermore, AC is far from cartoonish, and the lighting certainly isn't off, so I certainly didn't intend to infer that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm fine with how AC looks, and in fact, I love it. I just felt, from the aforementioned video, that pCars had a slight edge in its general ambience. That's all.

I didn't forget anything, though. I listed all the sims whose specific elements combined, in my opinion, would create the ultimate sim, and I think I covered pretty much all the bases. Not sure what rFactor and GSC offer that I didn't list, but to each his own :)

14. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I was doing graphical comparion of pCars, AC, iRacing, Gran Turismo6 and Forza5

and AC - in my oppinion came out as the most CG/ Gamey looking sim of these,

pCars is probably the best, closely followed by GT6 and Forza5, iRacing having not really much FX/Candy, however looking convincing enough , and having very good/realistic pallette
    I'm not saying that sim needs to look great, but if it can be improved, it should be !

pCars is already ahead in number of features ( important for RACING experience/Immersion .. not only driving) amount of content ( especially tracks) sound and if the physics gets to AC level, then pretty much only thing playing for AC will be that is has Ferrari's and is moddable - which of course has also big value ofc

see for yourself
    these are random images, by NO WAY I was trying to pick bad or good ones of each game .. but more like an average
    (please note, this is not meant as offense against AC, but this is how things are - in my oppinion, which is based on many years of experience in computer graphics/games/films VFX

[​IMG]

and here comes Forza5
    the color balacing, tones and all that looks just so much better .... maybe not more realisic (it's too yellow) - but this could be balanced out more towards blue as well
    car is bit overlit - but hey, that's what camera does in real life ... although yes, your eyes not so much
    really nice sky/horizon

[​IMG]

pcars
    I'm sorry ..but this is league of it's own .. much more natural ( although still quite a bit of yellow tint ... but I belive this was reduced in later builds, so it's probably even better now)
    you can cleary see much more natural reflection on mono, it has nice fresnel falloff, much less CG like and especailly not really "old-gen"
    background probably bit too much hazing , but this comes down to actual weather settings
    no haze in iRacing isn't all that realistic as well

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here comes AC,

somewhere in between, certain lighting looks nice, but cars somehow feel very CG, .. even more then iRacing - strangly
    it's mostly the lights - both front and especially rear when illuminated, but even the lighting overall, .. something ain't there yet

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and GT6 which is imo still the best - having weather/night ..etc.
    but the color balancing is just fantastic .. maybe more on artistic side then realism

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I understand that different people will have different opinion about this,

irfan.pratama and Ethan Dean like this.
  15. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

AC looks good, .. great at certain conditions .. and perfectly acceptable .. but there is room for improvement, that M3 actually looks not so good, I understand that it's tweaked weather settings, so that's probably to blame

compare it to this one though ... see what I mean ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. iVG

iVG Alien

No, Ethan, not towards you but more like the OP and the way he made it look like pCars is God of Racing Graphics or something. Sorry.

And I agree that last screen of pCars looks beyond sweet but then again it's all shots. AC better to me while driving. pCars colours look overly saturated, even for non-edited screenshot. All the detail on the cars and tracks though is amazing, I have to admit.

EDIT: Almost must point out that I haven't watched any pCars videos recently so my knowledge be may well out of date.

17. Ethan Dean

Absolutely see what you mean, and I agree AC has room for improvement. AC looks pretty stunning when the time is evening/morning, but there's something missing in the daytime that I can't quite put my finger on. It's certainly not bad by any stretch, and I shan't complain about them or cry for change, but those GT6 pictures are droolworthy. However, it should be noted that Gran Turismo has always rendered images taken with the Photo Mode, and it looks like those are photo mode too. If they actually are in realtime though, I'll be impressed.

No worries, apologies from myself. Just having a bit of an off night right now, didn't mean to snap.

18. iVG

iVG Alien

Missed some apexes, tonight? :D
    Sorry for derail.

Ethan Dean likes this.
  19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

that is true, however that photomode does pretty much only improve aliasing, it can also switch models to higher resolution models ( that are normally only seen in menu, )
    but that doesnt' change the lighting, which is by far the most advanced form all the sims imo

GT6 is still on PS3, so it can't be realtime, however we shall see for PS4 ;)

and yes, AC doens't look bad, but as you say yourself, specially during day, there is something about it
    by far the worst looking sim is rFactor2 :) that looks even more cartoony then anything else,

so AC is in good shape, it's main rival ( by me) is rFactor2, because that's also a sim heavily focused on driving rather then features ( even though it does have quite lot of them actually)
    and being moddable

Ethan Dean likes this.
  20. iVG

iVG Alien

By the way, I thought pCars was considered a sim title...

21. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

Another AC vs PCars thread? Keep calm and buy both.