1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Track building software

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Building the track i work at, HELP with Shadow Anomaly I can't reproduce. Aug 8, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Option to lower/disable crowd/trackside buildings Feb 4, 2020
    General modding discussion Blender - Addon for Track Building: "Drawing Tree (and other object) on terrain" Brush! May 26, 2017
    Tracks modding Trackbuilding resources list Feb 10, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Flickering shadows on track and buildings Jan 1, 2016
    General modding discussion Track building questions Nov 22, 2015
    General modding discussion Recommend an ac friendly track building program Aug 13, 2014
    Tracks modding Track building for beginners Jun 16, 2014
    Tracks modding Track building question (Blender) - adding bumps and imperfections to road surface May 5, 2014
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars There ist something wrong with track location. Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Driver Profile / Stats / Track / 24H Nürburgring Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Physics ACC inconsistensies should be addressed for the future of the game. (Ex: Braking mechanics & tracks) Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Rating does not reset properly on Nordschleife Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Broadcasting API is missing track data for the Nürburgring Apr 1, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024

2. nonnex

nonnex Alien

3. It's kinda crazy how quick it went through the greenlight process. Trying to understand it is out of my pay grade but I hope it is a powerful tool for modders and that there will be some really nice tracks released soon.

4. nonnex

nonnex Alien

yeah, he got a lot of votes from all the different racing sim communities. I'm looking forward to fire it up this evening after work... hehe.
    A new toy to play with

mane2907 and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  5. zamex23

zamex23 Simracer

Said it was too much money, bought it anyway...

6. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Pricetag is ok for a "tool", tools are traditionally higher priced as games.

The nicest thing is the following, AC first hehe:

Dookie and Deleted member 18758 like this.
  7. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

Looks quite good.built especially with AC in mind it's says.Now just needs someone to make a awesome version of bathurst with it :)

8. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Pfft, Do It Yourself ;)

Bill Wiskins likes this.
  9. plaid

plaid Alien

Someone is working on one.

LeiF likes this.
  10. zamex23

zamex23 Simracer

I tried RTB and is quite better than BTB. I'm still learning and memorizing some stuff, but UI and changes to track is responsive. When you sort stuff with google maps, it's easy to import maps into editor.

11. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

very easy now. Tracks wont get instantly better. but the time taken on the really hard stuff could be significantly reduced. I said it was too expensive too. but actually the return back in time spent on annoying laborious procedures means its quite cheap.

a road aligned and matching terrain made in minuites which may normally take a lot lot longer to do outwith RTB or even BTB with zaxxon methods. Super streamlining is what it is. and it is superb.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  12. Turk

Turk Alien

Looks good, I tried learning some blender to have a go at making a track for AC, but user friendly it is not. Especially when my CAD experience is with the likes of inventor and google sketchup. Might buy this at the weekend, I want to make an Irish road track.

13. Louizf

Louizf Racer

I can already imagine the many countryside road circuits that could be created with this.
    In fact I thought of buying it myself to try to build one, but I wonder if it will be too hard.
    I still struggling to export a little test track from blender.

14. plaid

plaid Alien

Is there something similiar for cars, so its easier to create one then in Blender or 3DS Max?

I had begun to build a car in a trialversion of a 3d-programm till it expired and wanted to switch to blender, but while I easily learned the former, I have a hard time with Blender.
    I didn't find a free or cheap 3D-programm with a more comfortable interace.

15. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

Don't have the time or patience for track building unfortunately. Snoopy has said he would build a requested track but would need some funding due to the time and effort involved. Which is fair enough. His work is top notch

nonnex likes this.
  16. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

Who has taken on this feat? I hope they nail it!

17. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I've seen I can use google earth as reference, but can it import google's elevation data as well? If so, I believe we'll have a tsunami of tracks arriving soon (unfortunately a tsunami of bad tracks as well).

18. Turk

Turk Alien

The tutorial (youtube) I followed when I was experimenting with blender started by importing the google map data into google sketch and then getting the elevation data from somewhere else. All that is done in sketchup and then imported into blender. What I ended up with in blender wasn't much though, I was probably doing something wrong but it looked more like a slightly crumpled piece of paper than anything that resembled a terran with a road going through it. Couldn't make anything out.

19. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

yes it imports height data at the google standard. its functional up to a point. capturing a 7km area of hardcore mountainous Corsica earlier was not bad. but not great it will be best for areas without too much height deformation. perfectly acceptable imo.

Poguinhas likes this.
  20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Google mostly uses smoothed SRTM elevation data. It's accurate to around 30m only, people building flight sim scenery and exceed use route plans frequently mention the odd results it gives.

Distances on the flat appear to be quite accurate but any elevation introduces distance errors as mostly the elevation data is out of whack.