1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

I am also using FOV 35 (although, it should really be little less than that in regards to all distances in my setup but I find this as good compromise for not having 3 viewport support ). It is far from ideal but as I said, it's a working compromise. I have the monitors at angle but less than 45. Probably 25- 30 . Don't mind my home made monitor stands :D

Attached Files:

2. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

3. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

In case some of you missed it, there's a quick update here and some more on the RD Forum as well. It looks like even an upgrade to the latest UE version won't allow for proper triple screen support with a massive code rewrite.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/unreal-engine-version.56370/#post-1042293

Not sure where to go from here. I've not really been sold on a title without triple screen support, but i'll wait to see if the VR performance improves upon release. Still crossing my fingers here and hoping for the best.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Man I really do feel for all of you guys. The future for triples in ACC is not looking bright. I wonder prior to conception who had the power Kunos or Epic?

Tim Meuris likes this.
  5. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

I have no clue what the fuss is about TBH,
    ACC I am running triple screens, Epic settings everything maxed out with a RTX 2080 and triple 24" curved gaming screens at 144hz,
    I have been playing ACC-AC , AC-ACC, and did not see any issues at all, 0"
    Gary told me a few hrs ago ACC does not support triple screens, so out of curiosity compared both games,
    AC I am running triple screens in the UI and everything maxed out on Ultra in both ACC-AC like I say,

NV Surround enabled with corrected bezels through the Nvidia software ingame 38-FOV Seems about right for me sat here playing with the settings,
    but am I missing some important details lol ?
    because aprt from reading "there is issues" and everyone crying, I could have sat here 3 years and never saw any.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/548112499631980544/569455301783191552/Untitled-1.png

6. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Out of curiosity, can you take a picture of your setup so we can point out the issues for you? I did and my pictures are a few posts above.

sps_for_race likes this.
  7. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

Looks same in both games though 100% exact. wait ill take some screens.

8. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

You have something set up wrong in ac if it looks the same in both.

sps_for_race likes this.
  9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

It's about angle correction, if you don't use lot of (or any) angle, then it wouldn't be an issue. Curved screens might further help with this. The more angle you use, the worse the stretching will look.

But anyway, looks bad for triples support:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Tim Meuris likes this.
  10. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

AC
    [​IMG]
    ACC
    [​IMG]

I do see what happpened though going back ingame and checking, AC with triple screens appears to be locked with the FOV using triple screen settings in the UI at 55 FOV,
    when I set everything up it was using the Rift settings for rendering, not the triple screen rendering,
    but having it locked at 55 FOV for example personally for me is useless so switched it back to Rift so it can be adjusted in within the game app on AC side,
    but with a 2 meter span of screens and 38 FOV I see 0 issues for me.

11. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

Well yeah I am using triple 24" MSI Curved screens Optix, to me looks great and drives nice, driving 1 screen is fine at 55 FOV driving 3 screens soon as the view to your eyes is spanned more it becomes almost useless the 55 FOV,
    I have never run triple screens 55, even if ACC was fixed at 55 using triple screens support you still need to make the screen massively closer to the dashboard anyways,
    its like rain because its not there everyone asks for it, but even when you add the features still only 1% of people use them,
    from experience people just like to complain because something is missing but not because they require it or miss it, I bet some people complaining do not even have 3 screens.
    anyways looks nice for me.

12. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

AC does have a separate triple screen FOV setup which is not the 55 you are seeing (I’ll take pictures for you)

You have screens angled wrong for ACC by the way. You should have them flat. In AC you probably have an incorrect angle set in the game.

Sorry but the issue is real, it just is less evident or unimportant depending on your setup and preference.

Btw the picture of your AC setup shows you have not set up the bezels correctly either

13. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Quoting myself with pictures showing the issue

Attached Files:

14. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

Yeah its a brand new setup, I was playing ACC-AC, did not feel anything was wrong, only because someone mentioned there was no support made me curious.
    I would not buy curved screens and position everything like this to make them flat again defeats the immersion experience for me, I want to be enclosed in the car not look like the screens are the wall but have them wrapped around me.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  15. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

Like why would you position the screens like this ?
    [​IMG]
    if that is how people position the screens then it defeats the purpose of having 3 screens, you might as well buy 1 large screen then at that point you do not require triple screen support anyways.
    ill stick to mine like this.
    [​IMG]

Hagen likes this.
  16. Someone already posted here to explain for those who still dont get it. So here it goes agains:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BTW, you are not setting your triple screen setup correctly. Adjust using the AC in game app.

17. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

Yeah I see what you are getting at, but using triple screens in AC and using the ingame app, its got no adjustable FOV its pointless anyways yeah looks slightly better,
    I am not seeing what you are seeing on that 1st screen though the FOV is wrong looks stupid.
    anyways I am happy.
    [​IMG]
    yeah has a app, you can fix the bezel, but 0 global FOV settings kinda partly triple screen support. FOV is everything.

18. 1m of width? What screen have you got?

How can you you say it is wrong, on your image, the distance between the dash to the left mirror is almost the same as to the right. it does not make sense. do you understand my point? Unless you driving the Mclaren F1 where the driving seat is on the center of the car, the right side of the car needs to be "smaller" and further away.

19. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

I Fully understand what you are saying and I can clearly see the differences,
    but for me personally if I have the choice of FOV over the extended side view specially say on the right if using a LHD car,
    I would still take the FOV 99-100 times, yes AC has triple screen support but it carries with it 0 global FOV support, so where the advantages are defeats me because FOV is the main thing.

Giovani Lazzari likes this.
  20. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

None of it is realistic anyways, the game is but the concept of racing and peoples opinions is what is wrong here,
    so you all want to race a simulator ? and want the best game possible ?
    then go buy a Helmet, because using a helmet your peripheral vision is totally different,
    these drivers have the mirror close to the left, the rear mirror center of the dashboards,
    you never wonder why this is ? its because the vision is gone, you expect these drivers to rotate there neck that far to look through the passenger mirror ?
    wont happen they are taking there eyes away from the track,
    its vaguely left to drivers mirror, track surface, and center mirror 99% of the time anyways,
    whatever you are doing or wanting is wrong, go buy a helmet and use correct FOV that is the true racing experience, anything else is unrealistic and pointless.

tabis likes this.