1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

United racing design?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ferrari F430 ., Sep 1, 2015.

1. I want to know if the united racing design cars are worth it (well modeled,good physics,good sound and all that). I might buy a pack

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Simracing-United.net - Super Trofeo & GT3 Challange Jan 26, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room New Challenges at Simracing-united.net Jan 26, 2020
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyre model | DTM 2018 from UnitedRacingDesign Jan 24, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room SimRacing United (GT3 Trophy & V8SC) Feb 10, 2018
    Online Leagues / Championships room Simracing-United.net - the new multi series board Jul 4, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room SimracingUnited: GT2-Event Silverstone 09.06.2016 Jun 7, 2016
    3D car models Redbull x2010 v1.1 by unitedracingdesign Dec 4, 2015
    Liveries Liveries/skins for unitedracingdesign dtm cars? Aug 17, 2015
    3D car models United racing design car pack file? Dec 25, 2014
    3D car models Corvette c6r 2013 by unitedracingdesign v1.1.5 out Jun 29, 2014
    3D car models Audi a4 r9 by danischracing & unitedracingdesign May 14, 2014
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes UnitedRaceData.com - Initial Beta Release Jan 13, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server says its in united states? Aug 16, 2017
    Screens & Videos United Racers League Season 3 GT3 League - Story So Far [Half a season edit] Oct 29, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room Open F3 Challenge - Tuesdays in July - hosted by UnitedRacersLeague.com Jul 4, 2016

3. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Feedback on the URD cars can be found all over this site... search function is your friend :D
    My opinion: yes, well modeled, good physics, good sound, all that. I personally think they are worth the price. Just my opinion. Then again, unlike a lot of people, I don't have a problem with modders asking for money for their quality work, and I don't have a problem with spending money for stuff I want...

MrPix, nivadepi, ir Sindaco and 2 others like this.
  4. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

Yes, for me, it is worth the money. The model quality is high quality, the price is reasonable, sound is decent, and not bad physics. Personally, I think the physics is the weakest part of their work but it is quite good compared to most mod cars. They worked with Kunos for the C7R so they definitely have high standards until Kunos decides to hire them for contracting work.

More importantly, URD supports their work extremely well where they are always the first one to update their mod when a patch broke the sounds in the first 48 hours. That is the support that is worth paying for.

If you are getting one pack, get the EGT or GTE pack but the GTE cars does fit well with DP1's C7R. It is the most complete pack so far while I did not enjoy the DTM or T5 pack as much as I like. PX pack has potential to be good but it is still early WIP.

URD is the only mod I'll pay money for because the rest are price gouging with poor value for money if not are rips with awful physics. 5 Euros for one car/track is absurd but I do not mind if it is 4 cars pack that completes a series.

Also, if you are looking for liveries, there are quite a lot of liveries out there and you can use liveries from rFactor 2 after renaming it to AC's file names. Both rfactor 2 and AC version uses the same templates but with different file names.

If you want a demo of their work, you can try their C6R mod to see their quality. Or C6R and C7R mod in rfactor 2.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    nanucq and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I cant do nothing else than recommend them. EGT is a lot of fun :)

nanucq likes this.
  6. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

I got both the EGT and DTM packs. Both are excellent, and well worth it

7. Are the cars loosely based on real life counterparts or are they really as close as possible to reality ?

Also, where is the DTM pack ?

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yes, there is "real" brands but they have changed the names because its payware and no licenses. The DTM pack is called T5 2013

cerebralvortex likes this.
  9. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

At least for the EGT pack, they do match well with the C7R in AC.

I never drove a GTE in real life so I cant really say how close it is to the real cars. As far as I know, the physics felt similar to Kunos GT3/GT2/GTE.

cerebralvortex likes this.
  10. The Venom (Viper) alone is worth the price of the EGT (GTE) pack.

11. Highly recommendable mods - I enjoy them alot!

12. Would be nice if Kunos got a little bit of it but the EGT collection seems worth the few euro it was. Seems well balanced vs the Kunos cars, no idea about driving accuracy given I've never been in any of them, and they're appear visually accurate except for the names which are easily patched in.

13. Thanks guys, I'll get the EGT pack soon :)

kofotsjanne likes this.
  14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Questions: What exact (brands and) models the EGT pack cars are based on?

Obviously there is Dodge Viper, Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin.. and is there a way to easily change the names to real ones (for personal use of course) and maybe add a logo to the loading screen? :D

15. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  16. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Very worth it, the price is so low. Even if the cars were mediocre (they're not) you'd get your 5 euros' worth.

I'd pay that per car given the actual quality.

17. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

And URD are good at updating their mods fairly quickly after an AC update. I race with the Porsche probably more than any other car in AC. Mostly because I'm a Porsche fanboy, but I digress. Also the Porsche has possibly the most amount of awesome skins available for any car.

18. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Anyone with an opinion on the Indycar? I might bite on that one...

How updated are their cars? Tire model and things like that?

19. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

EGT pack had tire model 5.

20. All of their mods are currently on v5 tires.

21. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

This thread reminds me to try the URD 458 GTE on Brands. Such a well balanced GT car and that sound....

Cheers
    Robin