1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Useage of the turbo? (Lotus 98T@Silverstone67)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by rge75, Dec 17, 2016.

1. rge75

rge75 Simracer

When I lately drove online with the Lotus 98T at Silverstone 1967, I noticed how I was outdriven like I'm having a different, slower car. Well, most of the time I simply use default setup (my fault) and I didn't notice about the turbo being set to 60% by default.

My first thought was "why not having it 100% all the time" - this at least increased my lap times by 5 seconds. When the engine blew after 2 laps, I most probably had the answer, why you don't use it 100% all the time (aside the fuel useage).

So my question is, did they really always adjust the turbo setting during a race? And if so, what are the recommendeations for the Lotus 98T at Silverstone 1967. You use 60% most of the time but set it to 100% for the long straight (Hangar straigth)? Then you set it back again? This sounds pretty annoying and like a big hassle while also having to use the H6 shifter gear. Sounds like I need a 3rd arm...

Aside that, if I'm right, the Porsche 962 has the turbo set to 100% all the time, but I never broke the engine with this car. Maybe it can't be compard though. A friend of mine said, that the Lotus had 1.5l engine with 1200+ hp which is a bit insane.

Anyway, hints on the useage of the Lotus 98T turbo are very welcome ;-)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions BMW M4 GT3 fuel useage Mar 2, 2022
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Turbo & Throttle Modding May 3, 2022
    ACC Physics ACC Turbocharged vs Naturally Aspirated - No report from some GT4's Mar 6, 2022
    ACC Physics Nissan GT-R turbo boost behaviour at Suzuka Mar 27, 2020
    Sounds modding fmod - turbo blowoff valve - how to? Jan 29, 2020
    Screens & Videos Fiat Uno, Punto GT and Coupé Turbo Nov 12, 2019
    ACC Physics AMR V8 - turbolag? Oct 29, 2019
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Turbo setting issues Ps4 Oct 7, 2019
    ACC Audio Ferrari turbo flutter Jul 1, 2019
    General modding discussion 100% turbo - engine life app?? Dec 16, 2018
    Sounds modding Turbo and BOV help Feb 18, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Porsche 911 930 Turbo - Great Saint Bernard Pass Nov 25, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues SF70-H Turbo Lag Sep 20, 2017
    General modding discussion How to modify turbo boost? Sep 17, 2017
    Sounds modding Request or help with sound samples for a Turbo V8 Sep 10, 2017

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think you can change engine limiter or whatever its called to more than 100 on Lotus 98T, maybe try that? Less than 100 engine and more turbo? I have no clue but might work.

4. Torcano

Torcano Alien

No, you cannot compare the turbo on those two cars. The turbo system on 962 is designed to run at full boost at all times, they only reduce it if ever there is a need of conserving fuel. Whereas the 98T's full boost functionality is only used for one or two laps at most in quali trim and not for running it in a race situation. You can drive the 98T at 80% boost all day long without blowing it up, without losing much pace. Even 90 is manageable if you are careful enough. You can map ctrl+0/ctrl+8 via joy2key or xpadder to any of the free buttons on your wheel if you want to use 100% boost for overtaking or for straights. Doesn't the shifter thingy of a G25 have a bunch of buttons on it, those could be ideal for you to change boost while driving and shifting.

5. rge75

rge75 Simracer

Thanks for the input. So it's not like changing it all the time. More like leaving it at 80% and only adjust it to overtake somebody. Yes, the G25 has quite some buttons, but they're all on the shifter console. It would be more ideal on the wheel - but I use those to look left/right. Sure, I could use TrackIR instead, but for whatever reason, I don't like TrackIr on AC. It makes me almost dizzy and I prefer to only use TrackIR for flight sims therefor. But I suppose I'll get used to the buttons on the shifter console. Too bad the d-pad doesn't seem to be useable for assignements though. Those would be the most ideal buttons IMO.

6. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

80% with the limiter on 108 still strugles the engine.

I personally like to change gears on 12k rpm, so, I use 108 limiter always. When you change before this, something like 11k rpm, the turbo pressure will down too much and you will suffer more with turbo lag.

7. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Seconded exactly.

Sorry for off-topic : What are your favorite flight sims those days ? :)

8. rge75

rge75 Simracer

No problem and sorry for staying off-topic ;-) There aren't that many flight sims out there.... I'm using DCS, mainly the Huey UH-1H chopper. I have some other modules but they're pretty complicated IMO and it's difficult if you don't fly it regulary. That's why my focus stayed on the Huey. DCS has quite some parallels to AC - sim with a great core, but lack of "game". You have many planes (if you buy all the modules) but only few playgrounds (maps) and many planes have no campaign/no missions. So if you're not into multiplayer, then it's "just flying around for yourself"....like in AC doing hotlaps for yourself. They e.g. just released the Spitfire which might be interesting, but no campaign yet (shall be in the final version though). You can send me a PM if you don't have DCS and if you need more information. I didn't play DCS since the release of the AC Porsche Packs though ;-)

Edit: BTW, I already thought I'm the only having troubles with TrackIR in AC.

Back to topic:

Well, using 80% with the limiter at 100 works fine for the engine, but I'm losing too much time. I lost 2 seconds compared to the laps where I used 80% turbo (100 limiter) but increased the turbo to 100% on Hangar straight. But doing so resulted in a blown engine after 4 laps. With that said, I still have no idea how to be fast in the Lotus 98T w/o blowing the engine all the time. End of the day, I simply took the Lotus 25 instead of the 98T for some nice laps at Silverstone ;-)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016