1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Version 1.4 change log

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lawndart, Dec 15, 2015.

1. ouvert

ouvert Alien

than mentioned joy2key version .. if you really want this feature

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

ah, right ^^ you should [ quote ] then ^^
    The question goes to @PLebre then, your whish might already be solved.

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Any increase in performance from WIN 7 ?

Thanks, LATE4APEX

4. I think it is a bit more fluid but since I'm always capped my fps for 84 it can be just a placebo.

5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Thanks, was worrying about problems with other apps in my computer, so I guess I'll hold of for a while.

LATE4APEX

6. Epocx

Epocx Alien

115 mb

- New formula to correctly deal with lateral grip at positive cambers
    - Fixed Lotus 72d max rpm indicator
    - Fixed Lotus 72d Engine parts missing
    - Fixed GTA wrong transparency interaction between windshield and driver visor
    - Fixed GTA blurred rims
    - Fixed Lamborghini Gallardo aero
    - Improved Lamborghini Gallardo and S3 central differential logic
    - Fixed wrong rear hard tyres names on Lamborghini Huracan GT3, Mercedes GT GT3, McLaren 650S GT3
    - model updates to the Huracan ST interior
    - model updates on the Lotus 72D
    - model updates to the BMW 235i
    - fixed suspension animation on the Lotus 25
    - fixed minor 3D bugs on Mercedes AMG GT3
    - added interior light indicator on several cars
    - added fuel indicators for some cars
    - Abarth Racing "stiching" light fixed
    - Lotus Evora GTC/GX headlight texture fix
    - various LODs issues fixed on several older models
    - tweaks to lights
    - various fixes in the UI
    - fixed several skin-related issues

7. That would seem to be quite a significant fix.

8. Yeah, big one in theory but Aris already said it shouldn't do much difference.

9. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Yeah, it's about 0.4% less grip on the inside tires sometimes cornering (which are already only taking like 20% of load), so about 99.92% of previous amount of grip. And that's on the cars with more extreme camber sensitivity.

10. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Any info what is in 1.4.2?

11. =TK=

=TK= Gamer

- Fixed crash in Lotus Evora GTC
    - Fixed shaders incompatibility with DX10.1

Glaurung, Ace Pumpkin and Arbuzzz like this.
  12. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Not sure if it's insignificant, or if it was some other change that made it, but 458 GT2 is ~1.5 seconds per lap slower at Spa than it was with 1.4 update. And it is clearly more difficult to stay on the track when flying through Eau Rouge flatout.

13. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Just because it's a fix, doesn't mean it's significant. Changes can be small too :)

14. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Doubt it very much that is it is just 0.4%. It is not much much but even 1% or 2% additional grip can be felt and definitely shows in lap time.

Anyways let's assume a tire loses 2% lat grip when not in optimal camber (positive x angle instead of negative x) and gains 2% when it is on the optimal camber. Let's focus on the inside tire. So instead of multiplier of 1.02 we have a multiplier of 0.98. Let's assume 70% of the load is on the outside tire and 30% on the inside. Now overall grip is 0.7*1.02+0,98*0,3=1,008. With camber error our lat grip is 0,7*1,02+0,3*1,02=1,02. Not 0.4% difference but 1.2% more. That is actually enough to go at least 1s faster around any track in ac.

If we focus on the inside tires the difference is 0,306/0,294=1,04. In other words 4% difference on the inside tires.

How do you end up with 0.4% overall difference? Did you pick a car with very low camber values?

15. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

FFB feels different too even though there's nothing about FFB in the changelog. When driving on a straight there's a very pronounced deadzone in the center on G27. I used to set 12 min force to get rid of it, now it's back

16. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Which car/track and how much amount of force% (menu and then adjusted when on track)? But also give it a test after your wheel has cooled down, in case it got weaker ffb from being too hot.

17. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Old formula on the 458 GT2 tyres was 0.4% wrong at most. No reason to assume values; it gained 0.2% grip at optimal camber.

18. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

This had nothing to do with wheel overheating (which has never been an issue for me even after several hours of racing). I felt it on the first lap after I started driving tonight.
    458 GT2 at Spa 12% min force, 100% gain, 100% in logitech profiler - the same settings I've been using for many months and which were perfect to me.

19. The reason that I used the word "significant" was because I assumed that this was a fix for the rear camber issue that some guys have mentioned.

20. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I mean that I cant follow race positions during replays, changing the car 1, 2, ... At the Replay painel control didnt change by position, can not know at that moment in what position is the car that you are viewring. Gonna try you key combination.