1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What do you think about the new tyre model? (Update 0.5)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Kyo, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Kyo

Kyo Racer

My initial impression after playing with the update was that the tyre model was improved. Where as the FFB felt a a bit vague/numb before, now it feels much much quicker to respond to my inputs and it gives me a much better feeling of the car. I also observed that weight transfer happens faster and was more sensitive. While drifting I am able to transition more quickly and aggressively especially in the Drift-spec E30 M3; before I felt that it was too sluggish during weight transfers. Low speed oversteer seems more controllable and catching slides while grip driving also seems easier to me but I attribute that to the improved FFB and better feel for the car.

I also like the new tyre heating model. The tires have significantly less grip when cold; before I only had to brake and corner about 15% earlier/slower right out of the pits, now you will go straight off the track if you try that.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Handling with new tyre model Feb 6, 2021
    ACC Physics Tyre model slip curves Dec 13, 2020
    ACC Blog ACC V1.6 improved tyre model and DHE 2020 compound! Nov 18, 2020
    ACC Physics Have there been any changes?(1.7, tyres model) Aug 20, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Petition to - AC tyre model upgraded Jul 23, 2019
    ACC Blog Introducing the 5 point tyre model for ACC! Jul 18, 2019
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyre model | DTM 2018 from UnitedRacingDesign Jan 24, 2019
    Console Lounge Tyre model version consoles Nov 12, 2017
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Help with modeling tyres :) Apr 28, 2017
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Best tyres for modeling muscle cars? Feb 1, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Tyre Slip for Tyre Model 10 not populating in the API Oct 3, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tire/tyre model is not realistic in sliding state (non grip state) Sep 21, 2016
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyre Model V10 Specs Sep 11, 2016
    Chit Chat Room New Tyre Model: consequence for driving? Aug 29, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Shouldn't there be some sort of punishment (tyre clipping through the model) Jun 23, 2016

3. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

I have a much easier time with throttle control during a slide/drift, feels like the car doesn't just slip into an unsavable slide anymore unless you just really screw up.
    The FFB feels great.

My friend has a 180sx and drifting that thing is heaven... Nearly stock suspension too, normal tires, itll slide all day without spinning.. Cars aren't driving on ice, and I feel like the tire model is a step in the right direction.
    We both feel it's still too hard to drift the E30, but it is a different kind of car, and we are still getting used to the game.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    Kristaps and Ak1504 like this.
  4. petesky

petesky Simracer

i find heavy braking is harder..more twitchy

Wrongfire likes this.
  5. can definitely feel the front end squirming around under hard breaking and its amazing...

6. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

Hate to say it, but I had to switch ABS on because of it > ~ <

7. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

For me the new model is a big step forward. I have a better understanding of the car under all circumstances.

8. Skazz

Skazz Racer

I'm also really happy with the tweaks. Yes, AC feels in some ways a little closer to Forza (without the stupid tail happiness and impossible to save slides in sim steering mode) or GT, but that's fine.

I've never understood the "simracing must be a challenge" mindset embodied in rFactor and iRacing. Of course cars are inherently stable until you take them right to the limits, otherwise the only people who could drive them fast would be the 0.01% with alien skills.

I was driving the Z4 GT3 last night, and when you start lapping it you just feel on rails. But then you realise just how much faster you could be going and you keep pushing and pushing. A gentleman driver in a GT3 endurance series who has to keep one on the road for his 2 hour stint doesn't want a flighty twitchy roller coaster. He wants something stable in which he can lap within a few seconds of his professional codriver without risk of spinning every lap. And that's exactly what the Z4 GT3 feels like.

Kristaps likes this.
  9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Ive only really tried the 458 in the supercar challenge but i felt the car understeered quite bad mid corner/corner exit.

Im not a numpty at driving it either i managed to do the 1'53 challenge at imola.

Im going to have another go today and test it out.

I did try the f40 at imola and was getting 2'02 which is only 1 second off my best.

10. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Why are you so slow with f40? If you can lap 458 in 1:53

11. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Oh, thats using 90's street tyres on the f40.

12. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

13. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Last time i checked i was 3rd fastest on rsr, im sure im not now tho.

14. bikkits

bikkits Gamer

love the grip of the front wheels feeling I'm getting from my Fanatec CSR wheel in heavier cars!

15. DanielAlm

DanielAlm Rookie

Posted this in another forum. might as well paste it here:

I tried the Z4 GT3 today, as it's the car I know best and have been using to do hotlaps on RSR and Rivali Tempo. So the following comments are about this car only, other cars might have reacted in a different way to the tyre model update:

- Under the limit, I see no big difference, but the FFB is better now in my opinion. You can feel better what's going on.
    - At the limit the car is still twitchy as it should be, but it's more predictable than before (probably because of the better FFB?), I like it.
    - Under combined slip (trail braking or acceleration in a turn), the car has definitely less grip but because it's so predictable, it's a joy to drive.
    - Overall, the car seems slower now, I did a 1.43.714 with it on Imola and that's around 7 tenths slower than my PB with AC 0.4. I guess, I will go a bit faster, but overall the new physics seem to be slower with this car.

In a nutshell, I like the new tyres a lot. It's an improvement on something that was already great.

Fat-Alfie, dkwuan and Kristaps like this.
  16. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

Based on having tried the Fiat 500, 80's M3 touring car, the M4 GT3, and the F40...

Low speed grip appears much improved all round, so slower corners (such as, well, all of Magione) feel like they suffer from a lot less good ol' low speed sim slide. The little 500 now feels a lot more like what it is - a nippy supermini that's designed to not kill you when you go shopping. The front ends of everything feel a bit more planted than they did, especially the F40. Haven't really noticed the decreased forward / backwards grip change if I'm honest. Haven't had time to check it properly, but it also feels like slick and semi-slick tyres take a bit longer to get up to working temps and pressures than before, but actually getting the things into the right working range via setup is a bit easier, which also feels like an improvement - it took a couple of laps of Magione to get the 500 on semi-slicks through the two third gear right handers at the end of the straight at full pace, whereas it was one at most before.

My only concern is they all now feel a little bit to easy to save in the event of losing the rear. I managed to recover from a couple of really wild slides in the M4 GT3 which, IMHO, really should have been unrecoverable. The rear seemed to pick up lateral grip very rapidly indeed as the speed dropped despite what felt like a very terminal slip angle.

I'd moan a bit about the 80's M3 touring now car feeling decidedly odd (struggling for a way to put it, the best I can offer is "unnaturally neutral"), but I think some of that's down to carrying over the setup from previous build and it just not translating. Will give it a bit more effort later see what it does as this one's probably my fault. Most things are.

17. sinbad

sinbad Racer

I haven't tested for hours so can't comment on the fine detail, but I've been driving the 1m and it might be me but this car feels great right up until you start to understeer, at which point it feels like your front wheels are now connected to the steering column via spaghetti. The ffb drops off in a very unnatural way imo. There is a step as the car begins to "push". This feels like an exaggerated effect for people that want the ffb to "tell them what's going on", and doesn't feel realistic to me. I'd expect aligning forces to drop sharply if I go to full lock really quickly on a wet road, but not minor understeer on a dry surface. The car feels broken when it happens.

18. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

F40 felt the same to me.

Zonda felt the same to me, but I couldn't match my time at Monza in it.

BMW M1 feels properly strange. I've driven one IRL, and the sim car definitely reminds me of it, but the hopping around under hard braking and turn in oversteer seems a bit strange? Maybe its me.

Still enjoying the sim.

19. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

I did 15 laps on monza special event and my feeling says that the tires loose grip now more realistic :)

20. Gerben

Gerben Gamer

Indeed an improvement. Better FFB, better transition between traction and grip loss (in turns), low speed behaviour is better etc... more realistic behaviour overall i would say.

21. DaveH36

DaveH36 Gamer

Well done. A real step in the right direction.