1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What is your overall pace in a race?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Arlo, May 8, 2019.

1. Arlo

Arlo Racer

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Lexus RCF GT3 overall performance since 1.7 Feb 19, 2021
    ACC User Interface HUD Broadcast overall problema (1.5.2) [and focus is on a car further down the grid] Jul 27, 2020
    ACC Physics Recent builds - change in overall feel after 1.4 and on. May 23, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Overall Time isnt Correct Apr 5, 2020
    ACC Physics So whats the overall fastest GT3 car? Dec 25, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Overall ranking Oct 28, 2019
    ACC Audio Increase Overall volume of the game Jun 19, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards v0.7.2 overall rating never seems to settle? Apr 19, 2019
    ACC Audio Engine sound too low in overall sound mix Mar 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions How to analyze a drivers overall 'Ranking'. Where do I stand? Sep 23, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Vr overall quality Jan 12, 2018
    Audio Bugs & Issues Overall Game Volume VERY Low Mar 2, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues [AC 1.11.4] Ferrari 458 Italia low overall grip Jan 18, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Some overall changes to physics after 1.11? Dec 24, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues BOV in regard to overall boost pressure Oct 16, 2016

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There is a short Monza hotsint running default setup over 10 minutes in the SRO event so you can find out there. The track is not very grippy and its got half a tank so saying race pace isn't that relevant as conditions can vary drastically, I can run a race running consistant 1:48's there or like last night with a friend on a wet but drying track pace started at around 2 minutes, the cool thing with the hotstints in ACC especially the special events everyone can compare against others. At times there are longer ones of 30 or even 60 minutes I think and these are a good test for exactly this question.

There is another special event hotstint in the BMW with open setups which I think is 40 minutes long so give these a go and see where you end up on the leaderboards. ;)

4. Arlo

Arlo Racer

At Zolder in the BMW iam 211* on the board. That is not what i was revering to. What is the race pace during an actual race against other players/AI.

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Depends entirely on race length, track conditions and traffic so really hard to say.

Many races at Monza over 20-30 minutes Ive raced friends in cars running low 1:48's to high 1:47's with a grippy track, this can be a battle to go under 1:49 with colder temps and less grip. Then if you start near the back of slower traffic this will effect the pace greatly too then add different grip levels or rain and race pace can be well over 2 minutes per lap and your going as hard as if you did for sub 48 qualy laps. With AI at optimal and 100% strength to keep up with the lead cars you need to run low 1:48's all race so comparing race pace can only be done in that particular race with others in it.

Or in the hot stints it gives you a good idea of pure race pace without any traffic. Obviously if any cars are ahead and slower then you you either need to go around them or wait until you can so your pace will be no faster then theirs until you make that pass. Racing isn't about taking a dive bomb at every first opportunity so the quality and amount of traffic will have a fair impact. In a good strong field it may be hard to make clean passes for position against someone that's 1 second per lap slower if they don't make mistakes and have good exits.

Also I have had races with a few guys where we were all pushing low 1:48's all race and mostly just maintaining the gaps. Pretty much like an extended qualy session where a tiny error saw you lose a tenth or 2 to the pack and very hard to make up again.

trasgu and Arlo like this.
  6. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

For the op comment 're monza.
    I'm typically similar at 1:51s. In traffic can be a couple seconds slower of course. In free air i might hit low 1:50 best.
    This in online mp races 20-30 minutes typically

Arlo likes this.
  7. Arlo

Arlo Racer

Nice. For me in a 30 min quick race to practice/training i start at the back and try to work my way forward. but i cant get the lap time under 50' that is also my fastest lap (1:50.043) . Race pace wise give or take a tenth i can do 51's. so for online racing iam a good midfielder. As i look at the real timing on Monza BlancPain then i find my times are not to shabby ;)

8. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

1-2 seconds slower then quali time..eventually doing laps close to quali time and win :D

Arlo likes this.
  9. arnau3331

arnau3331 Rookie

My race pace is 0.5-1s off my qualy times more or less sometimes and other times where i'm more concentrated I can hit my qualy without problems:
    Race Pace can be around (+-0.5):
    Misano 1:34.6
    Hungary 1:44.5
    Zolder 1:29.2
    Nurb 1:54.8
    Paul Ricard 1:55.0
    Monza 1:48.5

(This are times with Track: OPTIMUM)

That's what I do normally with the 30 min race that is what are we racing more during week days, with a 1h race the times can increase or decrease a bit depending the track with more fuel, sometimes i'm more smooth with more fuel and sometimes not depending on the track.

At the point i'm at it's getting harder to improve.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Arlo likes this.
  10. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Misano 1:54.8? That has to be a typo, my best lap is 1:38

11. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

I think you can improve easily by about 20 seconds on Misano :p

I've seen your name around on the leaderboards next to mine, though I'm usually around .3-.5s faster than the times you meantioned.

When I'm racing I'm normally within .5s of my fastest quali times. I think the difference has to do with physical exhaustion. I noticed with karting is doing a 1min lap is easy, while going just a fraction faster exponentially increases the stress on my body. I reckon that is why IRL people, especially in Blancpain with so many gentleman drivers, race pace is a lot slower than the quali pace, because it is much harder physically to maintain said pace.

As for the SRO lap pace, I'm driving around 1:49.5 (+/- .3s), currently #58 on the SRO leaderboard. Not bad, but not great either.

Arlo likes this.
  12. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

It is, I've seen him do 1:34.8

PiretSS2000 and arnau3331 like this.
  13. arnau3331

arnau3331 Rookie

oh my bad, it was a typo yes jajaja, I put the nurb time...:confused: , I agree with the physical exhaustion, especially in sim racing with the room temperature and if i'm getting warm and a bit sweaty I get my worst performance playing ACC and is reflected with in the lap times so easy and making mistakes too.
    That's why I put the +-0.5, my times when i'm the most confident/comfortable I get the -0.5 during race but is hard.
    And in the SRO i'm doing this times more or less between 1.49.5 - 1.50.0, haven't master this lambo... it needs some practice this bad boy.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Arlo likes this.
  14. fabT

fabT Alien

I use to be decent at stints ( usually within top #100 or #200 in Stint event leaderboards ), yet i think my pace of choice depends massively on track and actual opponents speed.

Usually i prefer lapping safely and consistently, meaning about 0-5 - 1 second off my PB.
    This unless i'm urged to build or close some gap.

A consistent pace is usually better than raw speed on tricky tracks such as Zolder. Driving at 95% of own limit there is usually the best option.
    On easier tracks such as Misano i tend to push harder and close to (my) limit, as minor mistakes there are less punishing.

Arlo likes this.