1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What will Kunos give as on Christmas :) (update 0.4)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Qusso, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Nordschleife has been practically confirmed in the past. Sure, times change (that was from Gamescom 2012), and it's all up in the air with the Ring's current status, but I wouldn't write it off entirely. For all we know, they could have it at any level of completion right now. Either way, they definitely know the Ring's importance, and it's definitely been on their minds :)

2. The Entity

The Entity Hardcore Simmer

- Spa
    - AI
    - Ford GT40

3. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

Lotus 98T, F40 and Monza pls :)

4. Ishigami

Ishigami Racer

AI would be really nice. I’m don’t know how the progress is with it but having the race option enabled would certainly benefit the game the most next to MP and of course the modding tools.

Other than that I would like to see a little more focus on race cars in the next update. The last update was street cars only so I think it would be fair to have more race cars in the next one.
    Maybe one open wheeler, one GT car and one track day car?
    Judging by the time line the Lotus 98T, BMW Z4 GT3 and Lotus 2-ELEVEN shouldn’t be too far off?
    In any case please include at least one race car.

As far as tracks are concerned Monza GP and Trento Bondone would be nice and diverse pair.

5. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Don't get me wrong I'd love Nordshcleife and would like nothing else than to have this great track but I just don't see Kunos spending 3 years scanning it and from what I've read, that's how long it would take.

6. SimMan

SimMan Racer

I'm not interested in AI (never use )

But multiplayer would be great even if 1st release is limited

GothaR and Horus like this.
  7. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

Yeah MP over AI any time but it was mentioned MP will be adter 1.0
    A bit of AI wouldn't hurt till that time was what I meant

Chevalier D'Harmental likes this.
  8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

AI.

Most important at this moment of development to get more and keep customer attraction. Reading around other forums, its the question most aske,d it saeems: has it AI? What - no racing right now?

However, i could imagine they do not make plans and change them according to threads like this, but probably release stuff in the order they finish it. And I also assume that currently ALL items still leaving are under constant development.

9. SimMan

SimMan Racer

AC gives me very good fps considering the high visual quality

I'm hoping kunos are clever with the graphics when other cars in view etc so performance dosnt fall through the floor

10. Andrew Lauret

Andrew Lauret Rookie

I don't want AI or MP until the damage model is decent. So I'd rather wait and see/drive different cars to know how they behave rather than having the same cars we do now and race against practicaly indestructible cars. Realism always im my number 1 priority. LOL

X-File and xSYOx like this.
  11. SimMan

SimMan Racer

Agreed,

Damage & continued development on the tire model etc is so much more important
    I do hope they do a good job on damage and don't make it forgiving

Horus and Andrew Lauret like this.
  12. xSYOx

xSYOx Hardcore Simmer

IMO, +1 to damage first, then after AI & MP.

X-File and Andrew Lauret like this.
  13. Raymond

Raymond Racer

I am a bit surprised by way AC is unfolding if MP was after AI. Plus it must be much more difficult to deploy considering that you have to program for... well AI. After all Kunos are best known for NETKAR, which was basically a hot lap racing simulation with multi-player. I would have thought that this is their strength and that their road map would follow the same path. Cars and Tracks followed by Multi-Player and then AI (Career Mode).

I read somewhere (and I may be wrong) that AC said that MP was not used as much as people thought compared to the number of subscriptions sold. I would argue that it could be the most important part and that most developers up til now may not have figured out a way to package it correctly yet. Which is why the most successful MP is handled by clubs so that they can control the environment. Isn't iRacing's whole simracing business model is wrapped around multi-player, and they appear to be rather successful.

So please, provide us NETKAR 2013 aka Assetto Corsa as a baseline and build from there.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  14. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

lmao! What are you on about? You need to get new sources for your information. They have laser scanners attached to a vehicle. I'm not sure how slowly they have to drive it, but it sure as hell isn't going to take 3 years. A few days at most.

It's already been said...it's not the time or the money involved that's the major issue here, it's there is no one to sign a contract with currently.

Nahkamarakatti and Ethan Dean like this.
  15. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

Obviously numer one would be MP.

But cars in this order:

1) Lotus 98T
    2) F40
    3) Ferrari F458 Gt2
    4) Bmw z4 Gt2(or is is Gt3?)
    5) Luadas Ferrari

Would be nice to get Trento Bondone and Monza as tracks :)

16. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Yep, a normal circuit can be done in a few days, maybe even 1 day. For a track the size of Nords, maybe 3-5 days, who knows, it all depends on access and how big your team is.

17. Hi.

If the list were to only include content rather than features, I'd be happy to get more race cars from the past and some more historic versions of circuits.

How about the BMW M1 Pro car championship?

[​IMG]

Regards.

Juutas likes this.
  18. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

One question on the Nordschliefe. People mention that it can't be included in games because the rights for the track are up in the air due to the sale of the circuit. So wow can Gran Turismo 5 and Gran Turismo 6 be released featuring The Nordschliefe?

Just a question, I am genuinely curious.

19. Filip Öhlund

Filip Öhlund Rookie

1. Damage
    2. F40
    3. Nordschliefe

I would also love to see the Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak! Pretty sure on that it wont happen but imagine throwin' this 875hp, 875 kg car around tracks in AC...

20. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

maybe they signed a log term agreement with the old owner.. i've no information i'm guessing