1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

When should i consider myself ready for multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by St3fan, Feb 14, 2015.

1. St3fan

St3fan Alien

As a new player, I'm wondering when I should consider myself ready for some online gameplay. Sometimes it is quite uninspiring to just keep playing offline.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics ACC inconsistensies should be addressed for the future of the game. (Ex: Braking mechanics & tracks) Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Shouldn't I get better performance with this spec? Mar 12, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Should there be version rollback like on PC? Oct 3, 2022
    Chit Chat Room There should be a FAQ about how to get privileges for posting in the forums that one want Mar 20, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions "disconnected"..this should be a priority!! Mar 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Which dlc should I go on ps4? Mar 7, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality What VR should I buy? Feb 8, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G29 steering inputs are double what they should be Jan 26, 2021
    ACC Gameplay How should a hotstint progression look like? Jan 7, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Should I first upgrade my CPU or GPU? Nov 20, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions They should give Intercontinental DLC for free as an apology Jul 4, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Should be nice to have this kind of HUD Jun 6, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Should I Upgrade to a FFB Wheel? Jun 1, 2020
    Console Lounge WHL 177 Standing on the shoulders of Giants May 2, 2020
    ACC General Discussions ACC update should be at today? Apr 30, 2020

3. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

From few public races I played, anytime you want.

But if you want to have clean races I think you are ready, if you can keep your line, you know how to leave room in corners and judge if opponent car is there or not. If you know how to brake behind cars. Simply be aware of other cars.

Queequeg likes this.
  4. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Dude, join the party already!
    ~Bailey

5. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

I would say the most important and number one thing is racing line. When you can do laps on laps with the same identical race line, you are ready. It's absolutely essential.
    You need a rough idea of braking points for each corner and then you can glue yourself to that racing line. Good preliminary marker is tire marks on the road, but of course it depends on the car.
    Once you find the braking points to within a meter or two and train in to follow the trace of your own designed racing line to within half a meter left or right (pro drivers can do it to within 5cm for over 95% of the time) then you will see the following benifits:

Racing line will:
    • It will keep your laptimes very consinstent
    • you'll be able to pick people off as they slip wide out of your way, it makes other nervous when you're unfazed
    • it will make you a fair racer if someone is chasing you, as you won't cause a crash with something highly unpredictable
    • it will save you tires as you will slide far less
    • it will make sure you can work on your entry or exit phase of the corner to pick up more time
    • it will make you feel like a racing car driver as in real life even on training sessions drivers are glued to the racing line
    Have fun learning and discovering more about your race craft.

6. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

no one is ready for turn 1 in a pub race.

Wealthysoup, Jekay, Matty28 and 16 others like this.
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I gave practice servers a few runs before going to multiplayer races. It will give you the feeling that you actually see a real person in the car infront/behind you and even though its just a server with practice you need to show respect and not just pass.

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Racer

Don't race on pubbies, you'll just develop really bad habits. Get to a league and learn how to really race. Pubbies are garbage racing.

Any league is happy to welcome new racers and will help you along.

GrimDad and TAM Spencer like this.
  9. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

I`d see public servers as a great way to train yourself out of rage quiting if the race doesn`t go your way.

Leagues are the best way to go though. The above will help for when you do decide to join a league, because while races might be cleaner overall, there will always be incidents.

Good luck :)

10. Only one word: PRACTICE, is the key :)

ZachRacer88 likes this.
  11. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

Don`t listen to them :D, just go online and see for yourself.

Best advice that I can give you is to be aware that you are not alone on track, use your mirrors (especially virtual = F11) and show same respect to the others as you want to recieve from them.

It doesn't matter how fast you are. You will find someone to dice with and you will understand how good it is to say grats after clean but hard fight ... you say/receive grats to winner only because of win - it is nice but it is much better if you hard work for whatever place and finish without crashing each other because we are not racing for money so every finish place will do.

Of course, it is much easier if you find and join some league, as Guy said, because you will race against/with ppl with right attitude and willing to help with setups, advices ... racing with friends.

On the other hand, you need to taste bad side of online racing just to know what not to do ... public servers (majority) is ideal for that.

MerlinCooper and LeSunTzu like this.
  12. Slamdrunken

Slamdrunken Racer

know the tracks before enter the race, do not i repeat do not learn the circuit on the qualy session. after that you're pretty much ready for Online racing. also a good tips its not to fight too much with another driver when entering a corner, chances are that he/she'll run wide trying to overtake you, you just brake at the correct mark or even sighly before & then take the corner easily watching the other one go off track.

13. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

I'll go with my 2cts as well. @St3fan : there is no minimum level but if you want to have fun, try learn the car/track combo and make something like 10 laps in a row with consistent lap times without having the car all over the place. When you can do that there is no doubt you are ready. Pre-scheduled open races at leagues are good in that respect because you can prepare them.

14. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Hi guys thank you all for advice. I just got a look at the server list (the first time after my 52 hours of gameplay this was the first time I clicked on "Online", hooray!), I realized that most servers are GT3 cars and most server seems to be Snoopy's Nordschleife (which I hardly had any experience and god Nordschleife is such a huge track!)... Well where should I start? Which track/car should I focus first do you think?

15. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Most guys like GTs and super cars on open servers and that is where you will find crowded grids.

However, sometimes, there are races with cars such as BMW E30 S1, KTM X-Bow or some street Lotus on short tracks. Don't miss them, they are much more fun when you start. ^^ No dozens of setup variables, easy-to-drive cars, quick-learned tracks, much less reckless drivers - you can focus on the driving and the racing.

16. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

You can always find someone to race on spa. Its a flat, wide easy track to drive. Go from track to track. GCsevers are a good place. They keep a same track for few days. I don't know it might be Nurburgring then after few days a Mugello and maybe then Imola. Who knows, if sever is popular it will be there for entire day.

But meantime you should learn every inch of nordschleife. Everything feels easier after tackling with nordschleife.

Queequeg likes this.
  17. @St3fan, I think the fact that you considered this makes me think you are after some decent a fair multiplayer racing. This, in my eyes, makes you more than ready for online racing. :) Just be fair and in control of the car and I'm sure you will be welcome at any server.
    Have fun. :)

18. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

I like the thread.
    Your question shows, that you have the "right" mindset.
    Kind and helpful answers is what you got in return.

There is a video made by @Akis Kev that might serve you well:

19. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

yep as one person said practice a lot also when you do jump to multiplayer avoid public lobby and opt for leagues and cup races at racedepartment.com you will find like minded racers there who like to race clean and fair

20. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Here is my checklist for multiplayer racing;

- drink 5 cans of lager
    - detach steering wheel and map controls to keyboard
    - do a handstand for 5 minutes so all the blood goes to my head for maximum disorientation
    - put some loud music on
    - walk away from PC for 20 minutes so I miss the race start
    - start the race 3 laps down for maximum Lols

21. All you need is the ability to keep the car that you are driving on the track most of the time, and respect for the other drivers around you.