1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Where is the update and Porsche packs?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Larryf1951, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I am sure to catch some flack for this, but the PC got the latest patch and DLC two weeks ago. When will we get them on consoles?
    The last update said some time in November. Not very helpful.
    Has it even been submitted for approval? I check daily, hoping that today I'd the day. I literally cannot wait to give you more of my money. What's the deal?

Manu8019 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Where is update 1.8.? Sep 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Where is the Xbox One S update Feb 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Update 1.21...where are the special events??? Apr 19, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions You say you will update the game, where is it? Sep 28, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Where to get 1.2 update ? Aug 3, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues update 0.10 - where is acserver.exe? (solved: it's in the server folder!) May 23, 2014
    General modding discussion Where can I find all the versions? Mar 16, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sound reverb everywhere AC Mar 16, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Where do you find the the driver assist settings? Jan 31, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Where is the tire.ini [tyre.ini] file in AC [not Competizione]? Nov 5, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Does anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DDoes anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Where Are the AC forums? I don't have Competizione. Apr 13, 2023
    General modding discussion Where to set up headlight aim control (leveling animation)? Sep 24, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Where to find dash cam driver eyes values May 7, 2022

3. You would probably have better luck asking Sony and Microsoft since it is in their hands.

Horus, Jebus and magzire like this.
  4. Larryf1951

Doesn't the developer have someone tracking progress with the console manufacturers? I would think that somebody would have some info on progress

5. i wouldnt have thought so. i think the only time the devs hear anything is if it fails certification or it gets released.

Horus likes this.
  6. Sidewinder@11

Sidewinder@11 Rookie

Was there any conformation that the patch was actually send to sony/ms........?

Larryf1951, Timm53 and Jacky Chou like this.
  7. Timm53

Timm53 Rookie

Doesn't the developer have someone tracking progress with the console manufacturers? I would think that somebody would have some info on progress

Hi, I bet most of you had that other racing game for the PS4 good old "DRIVECLUB" if my memory is correct they gave an update on their Facebook page on what was happening and what you were going to see on a monthly basis, Okay they were closed down by Sony. But I find it very hard in getting round this saying "No news to share at this moment in time. Please stay tuned though, we'll update you as soon as we can". If I was a developer and someone was holding up an update which could be losing me money I would be chasing. Still as normal practise nowadays lack of COMMUNICATION.

Jacky Chou, MBK72, Larryf1951 and 3 others like this.
  8. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

If they said November it will be November, most likely towards the end of November. I'd rather wait that little bit longer and have a stable patch than to have a rushed patch.

Horus and paul_wev like this.
  9. Manu8019

Manu8019 Gamer

yes they told us that was november but more info could be usefull , soon pack 2 is on pc and we dont even get any news , i love this game but sadly i cant even play it decent since the game is all bugged for me so id love to ear some news about that pack and patch (more the patch)

10. Horus

Horus Alien

Maybe 505 Studios will help more, as they are closer to the console side of things than Kunos?

edit: I should say asking for a timeline for patches/updates used to be good sport on the PC, then the threads just got deleted as fast as they were made. Kunos will notify you when they know for sure of a date, that's how it works on the PC side anyhoo. :)

11. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hey! We don't have a date to share right now, but we'll be updating you guys very soon! As soon as we can give you more info, we promise we will!

12. the biggest difference is that Evolution studios that made driveclub were a sony first party studio so had access to more info than a third party studio plus i dont think first party go through the same process

13. Larryf1951

Yea, Ok, I get that kunos is small and may not have the same pull as a larger studio. I really do get it.
    My inquiry was merely my way of saying:
    (1) I am still a player
    (2) I am reading the social media updates as they come in
    (3) What is the level of communication between kunos and Sony/MS during the approval process?
    I am not banging on kunos. I would just like a tad more clarity with the marketing updates

14. Sadly that's something that is protected by NDAs with our signatures on it, and we tend to take things like NDAs and Licensing contracts very seriously thus will continue to "play safe" when it comes do dates and details.

If you are interested in a peek into the console authorization process from the point of view of a indipendent developer, and the pains that come with it, I can suggest you a nice read from Rami Ismail about it:

http://ramiismail.com/2016/08/patch-the-process/

15. Larryf1951

Thank you Lord Kunos. That is more along the line of the type of open honesty I have been seeking. And I would agree, NDA's should be taken seriously.

paul_wev likes this.
  16. Larryf1951

Wow. I just took a moment to read the article you sent. I genuinely was not aware of how arcane the "cert" process can be.
    Thank you again, Lord Kunos, for taking the time to allow myself, and others, a small glimpse into the process. Guess we'll just have to wait patiently and silently.
    Zipping my lip. :D

paul_wev likes this.