1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why F1 cars are no longer present in multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kakusso, Dec 2, 2016.

1. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Is Kunos going to do something to avoid the fastest cars from continuously being discarded from multiplayer in relation to the mainheim they cause? The most iconic F1 has been abandoned. Unbelievable. The 919 will follow shortly.

Unlocking achievements should be a optional prerequisite to enter certain servers.
    At least people would practice first before going online with one of those cars.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting AI cars are blurry at far distance Mar 1, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Driving the newer 2020 cars in Career Mode? Jan 22, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Not all cars are in single player practice mode Dec 20, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Open Series championship - New gen cars actually are old gen Nov 25, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Are there settings for ECU mapping with GT4 cars? Jun 18, 2021
    ACC Gameplay GT3 cars have GT4 labels when single player mode is in GT4 and a career is started/continued Feb 27, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Which GT4 Cars Are People Setting The Best Times With? Oct 3, 2020
    Console Lounge on 2019 season single player races no mclaren cars/team ever spawns on the grid to race against. Jun 29, 2020
    ACC Physics All Porsche cars are kind of twitchy (in terms of control) compared to the other cars Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Are frozen cars a sign of lost connection? Jan 5, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues Compare Physics of 2 Cars Oct 21, 2019
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues All my cars are dark Sep 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Are all cars in ACC paddle shifters? Sep 23, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Steering wheel rotation + lock settings --- ARE ALL CARS UNDERSTEERING AT 1080 DEGREES?... Jun 11, 2019

3. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

So you basically want that Kunos decides what we drive online and how we drive it?

Didn't the Italians abandoned fascism in ''45 when they shot Mussolini?

[​IMG]

Even google didn't help to decipher ''mainheim''

4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

In relation to what he wrote, the word is obviously mayhem.

Anyway, F1 are still used in leagues and locked servers. And true, they're not popular on public servers because no one can race them without crashing hard. That leaves maybe AB MR servers, but the majority here likes to drive more than fly :p

Seria17hri11er and Horus like this.
  5. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

Yeah it's unfortunate, I really miss the F1 servers, but I can see why they are not around. The learning curve is too high and without driver aids it is not public server feasible. Even with good drivers you seem to still have to lower the damage settings since the cars were pretty fragile (love taps and hip checks).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Seria17hri11er, Horus and AmorFati like this.
  6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

No. They implemented driver aids, if people refuse to use it and then abandon cars on servers because they can't drive them...

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Forcing someone to enter a server to unlock achievements is not a good idea. The few times I race, I want to race against people that are on the server because they want to, not because an achievement tell them to.

Matty28, etukeno and AmorFati like this.
  8. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

Indeed, if that is the case, “The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.” Why force driver's aids upon the driver or have him belittle himself by turning on ABS and TC on an F1 car. Not the way humans tend to work.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

9. Horus

Horus Alien

I have never got along with the F1 car in AC (excluding the 50/60s aero free, they are awesome), it was a different matter in NetKar. Ripoffs, dirt buildup on visor, tyre warm ups were better, the tracking going with little taps have all kind of vanished. The damage you sustain in AC in F1 is just meh in comparison. Well that's my opinion anyhoo. :)

10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

the Ferrari F1 we have in AC is too good at simulating the real thing, as in real life not everyone has the talent and has put the work into developing ability to drive a modern F1.
    Definitely not public, read more amateurish, multiplayer server material. Specialty league, absolutely, for those who can handle it.

As for me, that F1 is way to much, so I enjoy some hotlaping, and I use the term loosely, as in my hand the F1 is not doing hot lap, more like practice.
    A great thing with that car is that I realized how good any actual F1 driver is at driving a race car and think about that before criticizing anyone about maybe not have tempted to overtake or have misread a situation and create an issue on track.
    Everything happens so fast and at the same time you need to think to manage the car and drive it at the same time, they are aliens as they need more than human reaction time to deal with all of it.

Ischemica and Seria17hri11er like this.
  11. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

I think it's a great shame lots of the cars never get raced. It's not just the super fast but also some of the more driveable but just forgotten (McLaren F1 GTR for example). It would be great if AC had some sort of quick play servers where it cycled through all tracks and cars. Also I think there are plenty of people who can handle these cars in public servers but they see "3/24" (once the ones who can't have given up) and think "nah" and join the GT3 race with 23/24 instead, myself included, even though that race with only 3 people would probably still be pretty fun.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

That would be really cool. Race of the week with different cars and tracks. Would most likely bring alot of life into multiplayer.

Matty28 likes this.
  13. St3fan

St3fan Alien

As someone who's relatively new to racing and not actually familiar with making setups, racing any sort of race car can easily put me in disadvantage. While I can work harder to make most of the car as much as I can and end up mid-field with GT2/GT3, I don't think there would be any chance I could keep up with the fast guys if I were to race modern F1 cars with them. Just thinking about the idea of changing brake bias/ARB stiffness/ERS presets on the fly makes me cringe.

With that being said I do enjoy dicking around in an old F1 car on Nordschleife.

Seria17hri11er and Matty28 like this.
  14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

It makes no difference what servers are up if people dont join them. When it comes to a trickier car youd need at least MR AB limits which even more shy away from. Then of those few that join while emtpy that may not be able to drive it properly so the servers stay empty.

Making more empty servers wont help if most people will only join a very busy server. Many would prefer whats run on other servers but are waiting for 20 very good other drivers to join before them so good luck to them and their server suggestions. ;)

Matty28, nate and schmron like this.
  15. chakko

chakko Alien

There are servers featuring the F138, and the SF15-T regularly, with people racing on them too... it's true that there are not as many servers doing so, as when the Red Pack was released, but that holds true for any other car too.

If then, there's a definite shortage of people racing the Maserati, and Lotus classic F1 cars. :p

LChaves likes this.
  16. i think you are wrong Dictatorship is what still rules this world, don't get fooled by the word democracy

17. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Faster the car and shortest distances for brake, most difficult is for drivers run races close door to door. Too easy to make a wrong judgment and brake too late ruining a race for some one else.

18. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Frankly I'm not sure what is this fuss all about.
    Sure F1 cars in A.C. post a challenge ... but they are not that difficult to control once you have enough laps to get up to the speeds. :)
    Yes, sure I'm far, far, far away from the top times but never ever really tried hard to get close especially with these.
    It's true though that I have some experience doing simracing F1 for a few years which could help me not to spin that often I guess.
    But with practice and the adrenalin from the race itself, it is not that difficult to deploy KERS or DRS, or change brake bias during a lap, even if you have somebody looking over your shoulder.
    And I admit ... some people are just faster then others. And when you beat them on track it is even more satisfying ... for you. :)

19. ralf3001

ralf3001 Rookie

i'll try to open up a f1 server tonite (asia time)

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

This is true they actually arent that hard to drive, its just that many in pub servers are very bad and dont understand the basic idea of how to stay on the track. Many have no idea about racing in traffic and the same bad drivers which may get away with some of this in a very slow car with ABS and TC wont show how bad they are until they get into a quicker car with no aids. Its really not so hard to drive a little slower to not be a hazard to everyone else in a server in a car you havent really got the hang of. If the person has no idea at all then best to run some laps offline but this is not something many even consider. Any reasonably decent driver can jump into any car get in a few laps without bothering others then be able to race without being a complete hazard and hitting everything.

They look for the busiest server they can find, dont even bother running a couple of laps in qualy to get a basic feel for the car. Then jump in at the race going 100% trying to outbrake people into every corner until they crash then escape to pits, wait til they can get going again make it around t1 then crash at t2. Repeat the process til they are bored or kicked or complain that the car is crap etc etc.

AmorFati, VenomSRT, nate and 2 others like this.
  21. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Agree with what @martcerv said. Also you can notice that the fastest cars to some degree attract the worst drivers.
    I guess that's because they are fancy, popular and "cool".

Nevertheless, I've had good races in the SF15-T and F138 on public servers. It's just that it's only a rare thing.
    Most of it is mayhem.

Edit: Apart from that I don't really get what this is about.
    There are servers with these cars.