1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

World Record Lap Times for PS4?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by TwinAir, Aug 29, 2016.

1. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

yeah tuning allowed but drivers must specify if tuned or stock gearing/suspension

gonna update the rules and regulations ;)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  2. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

Did you use traction control on 1 or off?

3. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

Website published:
    https://rob-mo-j3xn.squarespace.com

Updated Rules:
    • factory assists only (traction control set to 1 or off)
    • 26°C air temp
    • clear weather 12:00
    • use softest/stickiest tyres available)
    • only PS4 versions of the game, using wheel or controller
    • all settings must be visible in the video you post
    • only youtube videos accepted
    • tuning of suspension and gearing allowed, must be specified if stock or tuned
    • downforce altering allowed
    Thoughts?

LeDude83 and onepueblo like this.
  4. shaolinzen

shaolinzen Rookie

traction control 1 and tuned suspension

Is the leaderboard only for Nordschleiffe, or for all tracks? I'll make times for all tracks if so!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  5. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

for all tracks :D

6. shaolinzen

shaolinzen Rookie

Awesome!

7. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

Very nice idea :) Times should be put togheter I think and at their sides something like:

1.20.003 tuned - wheel (t80) - ABS off - TC off - (link to the videoclip) (link to set up if avaiable)

something like that, I saw almost all of the cars can go faster with TC off, also if you put it on factory you can still manage to take it on or off in game, it's different for abs, if you put it off it often slow your laptime but requires a lot of more effort to drive, so ABS should be the first mentioned and TC than, my opinion.

8. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

Regarding ABS if you put it in factory setting you can't change it while driving so the car either has it in real life or not and it's the same for everyone.

What do you mean with times should be put together?

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Good effort @TwinAir. It will be interesting to compare RSR times vs. your leaderboard!

10. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

Sorry for my english, I said TC can be put on and off on track not ABS, so if you run ABS off and not factory it must be shown, some sport cars with factory ABS have the option to turn it off for track day for example, hope you get my point anyway it doesn't matter.
    About put the times togheter I mean to not separate wheel or pad or TC on or off players but just to show all the lap times in a single leaderboard.
    Are you going to make separate leaderboards for every car?
    If so, you can make also a single leaderboard with the best 3 times per car. Nobody does something like that, except the very old game 'Enthusia'. Best 3 times per car at a track. It is nice, makes the possibility to compare different cars at the same track.
    Nice if AC staff see this post and take their time to add serious leaderboards in game, I don't mean only online, the sim at the moment doesn't save a single time even off line, how is that possible? Maybe they wait for the game physics to be stabilized with some patches before to store any lap time. Pretty sure.

11. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

Done a new lap with Pagani Zonda R using controller, stock suspension and gearing, TC off, factory settings, downforce maxed and stickiest tyres, everything else according to the rules and regulations:

As you can see I switched traction control on and off at the start of every new attempt so you can see that it's off in the beginning of the video.
    Then, after the lap was finished I showed lap time, suspension, downforce, gearing, tyres...left lobby to show you track temperature setup, daytime, tyre wear, gas usage, etc in the fast lap menu before ending the video.
    Would be perfect for everyone to do it that way when entering the PS4 leaderboards.

(Made a lot of small mistakes that run so I guess I can shave another 2 or 3 seconds off that time. :D)

Cheers,
    Rob

12. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Ahh Enthusia, such an evolutionary sim for consoles. If only GT had learned from their beautiful interpretation of weight shifting. Assetto does it better.

onepueblo likes this.
  13. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Nicely done, only thing I can say is practice, practice, practice. Some corners at the start that if you adjust your line to the racing line a bit more you will gain most of your time there, my tip is maybe use the racing line assist if you're not 100% sure about where to position yourself for all the corners on the Green Hell. I have pretty much memorised the track in the virtual world and would love to go there in the real world but I definitely put in lots of time with racing line on to learn the track better, and not just for Nurburgring. Some will say it's not necessary for simpler tracks but it is a great guide for learning braking, accelerating and holding a steady line through a corner on any track.

14. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

Every developer has something to learn from enthusia, but nobody cares, about leaderboards I've got 600 times scored in dragon range, all the cars best 3 times. Unfortunatly friend of mine sold my ps2 with the 3 memory cards with something like 200 racing games storage and replays..

15. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

Thanks I'll give it a shot. :confused:

16. shaolinzen

shaolinzen Rookie

Some lap times for Spa.

Ferrari 488 GTB 2:42.601 TC-1, Slick soft, Steering wheel, no tuning

Nissan GTR GT3 2:26.342 TC-1, slick soft, steering wheel, no tuning

McLaren P1 2:33.804 TC-1, hypercard trofeo tires, steering, no tuning

PS. First two times put me around 40th on the RSR timing board, and my steering wheel is a T80 which isn't working well in game, waiting for an update!

17. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

updated...

18. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

Rules and Regulations update:
    • only PS4 versions of the game, using wheel or controller
    • only youtube videos accepted
    • all settings must be visible in the videos you post
    • 26°C air temp
    • clear weather 12:00
    • factory assists only (traction control set to 1 or off)
    • stability control 0%
    • mechanical damage 0%
    • tyre and fuel wear activated
    • tuning of suspension and gearing allowed, must be specified if stock or tuned
    • downforce altering allowed
    • use softest/stickiest tyres available

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    shaolinzen and onepueblo like this.
  19. Gjsparkles

Gjsparkles Gamer

Nice thread and website, I'm going to try and set some times tomorrow night, but is there any limit to the fuel load I can run?

Cheers.

20. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

no limit to fuel load, minimum is what's required for 1 lap obviously ;)

cheers