1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

WRC 7

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Sep 16, 2017.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Inside Sim Racing review:

Both John and Billy clearly liked it. Surprise of the year for me. Expected... nothing. Got, actually surprisingly simlike rally game. Better than Dirt 4 (which to be fair... isn't hard to do)

23 Km stage in Poland, almost too long :D FFB-wise it's no Assetto Corsa, but with tweaking managed to get it to feel roughly similar to Dirt series

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Epistolarius likes this.

2. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

I'm happy for you that you like the game, I've tried it yesterday and after two hours of testing i have asked for the first time in my life the refund .. the FFB is poor,the behavior of the cars is abnormal and often the reverse of how it would be in reality, the sound is mediocre and the graphics as well .. it is not possible to adjust the FOV and the view goes zooming in and out on its own while the car speeds up.. i did not expect a RBR successor but if the game allowed me to brake and stop the car from 200 KM / H to 0 without even the slight lock of a wheel, it's ridiculous for me.

LeDude83 likes this.
  3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Are you sure you had correct FFB settings? The default ones are bad.. also, WRC 7 uses Damper and Spring effects, unless you have both 100% on profiler there is almost no FFB at all. To me doesn't feel worse than Dirt 4 FFB, which wasn't greatest but depends what we mean by "poor FFB"? Nobody should except it to feel like Assetto Corsa, neither did Dirt Rally.

Also, reverse to reality? In which regards? Not what Inside Sim Racing and lot of people in RD and YouTube comments seem to be thinking...Simcade sure (as was Dirt Rally) but didn't see any completely irrational car behavior in my 5 hours yet, unlike what Dirt 4 had constantly. Refunding is good way to test stuff (did the same with F1 2017 and Dirt 4) but sounds like you tested different game. It's easy to sign this off as bad/arcade because it's WRC title, exactly what I was thinking before trying.... just odd how people can have so contradicting visions of the same game

E: And yeah the braking is forgiving indeed. It was almost only nitpick ISR had about the physics. But it was forgiving also in Dirt Rally. I don't know what is realistic, these are 2017 and 2016 cars with very efficient brakes, would assume. But to say the whole physics are "reverse to reality" because of braking? Dirt Rally had clearly worse tarmac physics than this + silly jump physics, didn't prevent people from enjoying the rest of it.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  4. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

I've tested all the possible combinations for the FFB..i have a T500RS and i know how to set the profiler as well as the settings in the games .. I respect your opinion but regarding WRC7 in its "totality" I do not consider it a game worthy of being released in 2017. Because it is more "ARCADE" than "SIMULATION" is not bad for me, because i can also appreciate the most arcade games, I find it too poor even in almost all the other aspects.. to get you a quick example. Yesterday during a test i got up with a wheel on a sidewalk at moderate speed and the reaction was as if i had invested a cow .. these cars in reality do not even hear the sidewalks and then the cars they seem to have no weight and the overrun transition to recover the oversteer is too fast and simplistic and easy to control .. even if i countersteer too much it moves from the oversteer to the full recovery of the grip even going in the opposite direction..i hope you understand my poor english(-;

5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Hmm, well I don't have a clue how WRC 2016/2017 in reality handle, never driven one. Just feels more "logical" to me than Dirt 4 did, while in some aspects Codemasters game is more polished (like sound)

For anyone still interested, check Inside Sim Racing comments about physics at:

- 3:21 for John Sable's comments
    - 18:00 Billy Strange's comments

Also ACG gave positive review, while he isn't really sim racing reviewer:

6. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

And finally, in WRC7 I can not "feel" the feeling on all four wheels ... so in practice the FFB and the physics of the game give me the feeling of driving a car without the four wheels but as if it had only one pivot front and back.

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I had to request a refund for WRC7 due to the lack of support for multiple controllers so I never had the chance to judge the title properly. The reason for even trying it is out of shear desperation on my part, for another Rally title after the disappointment that is Dirt4. For now, I'll have to stick with RBR and Dirt Rally for my Rally play; far from being a bad thing. :)

miky likes this.
  8. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I also have the same concern (regarding multiple controllers), but it seems they work (ISR video starting 13:30).

9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yep - I saw that too but, in my case - the axis detection didn't pickup the OSW or my CST pedals at all. I get the impression that the developers didn't work all the bugs out of that feature otherwise, how would his pedals be detected as buttons but, still function as axis in game? o_O:)

10. anything-but

anything-but Guest

Stock FFB isn't the best, but it ain't bad at all after a little tweaking. :)

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Nice WR. Seems you beat Dgeesio by almost 4 sec, wasn't he one of fastest on Dirt Rally.

Saw some guy from the developing studio answering messages on Steam forums, he at least claimed "issues will be updated and community listened". But not every time that has been said, it has actually happened. It is a bit weird they didn't include VR, think WRC 6 had some sort of VR support

12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'd enjoy a good rally sim so thanks for bringing this up :)

As for ISR: I wouldn't give that source much credit TBH.
    They might have had some credibility at some point but by now are an 'insert coin review generator'.

XettMan and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Seems to he the way with most reviewers now, I guess yt demonitizing videos so randomly these days it takes away the more true independent media creators.

To make a buck you basically need to find it elsewhere and Im sure many publishers and dev studios will spend some pr budget on positive reviews especially to cheap review #$$÷×&. ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Well, regardless of what ISR says I'm been enjoying this for hours and hours, still have barely touched most of the stages. Perhaps not realistic in all regards, but I can roughly apply what I've learned about drifting in AC and AMS loose surface physics into this one. And the absolutely phenomenally good stages (better than those of Dirt Rally, which already are masterpieces) just raise the experience above what it would otherwise be.

The handling just makes sense, while the FFB is a bit barebones, lacking finer road detail. But communicates weight transfer and available grip well enough (when properly set up, which it's not by default.. also, this game uses spring/damper as critical part of FFB, both have to be on 100% or FFB doesn't make any sense, although I lowered damper to 95%). There is no blatant WTF moments with the physics, it just works. I much rather play this now that Dirt Rally, because I memorized the loose surface stages on that one long ago, and the tarmac feel I simply can't stand.

If you enjoy rallying, you should really give it a shot regardless of what you think of ISR. Or the WRC series, which thusfar has had terrible reputation, this being first remotely realistic/decent game. Maybe wait for sale (and/or updates) stuff. But nice little rally game, which really leans more towards sim than arcade. And handles much closer to Dirt Rally on loose surface, than Dirt 4 did.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Does it support multiple controllers, i.e. analogue axis on separate wheel, pedals, handbrake?

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Seems to be a bit of mess atm. Some get it working by binding it as buttons (weirdly, game still understands it as axis, however the official "axis detection" menu is totally broken atm) some don't. Depends on hardware, and not all hardware listed as "supported" even seems to work yet. Hit and miss atm, suggest using Steam refund to test or waiting for patches/reports. They did patch WRC 6 several times it seems (checked) so assuming WRC7 won't be abandoned at this state

17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I does - sorta but, the problem is, it doesn't have proper support for Windows HID-devices and the game doesn't detect the OSW steering Axis at all. Some of the other buttons and pedals may work but, I didn't dig too deep after I discovered that I couldn't make the wheel work. If the developer can improve controller support, I'll give WRC7 a try for sure.

In some cases, people have been able to use pedals after they are detected as buttons but, still work as analog controls.

Doh, ninja'd by Mr Shredator! :mad::p:D

Andrew_WOT and ShredatorFIN like this.
  18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Thanks Dean, no go then for my situation.

19. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

ISR continues on same subject (saying it has better physics than Dirt 4, because they got asked that)

1:18 -->

20. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

do you really need the damper in WRC 7?

also anyone with stutters.. have you tried Fast sync in Nvidia?