1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

WRC 7

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Am I the only one that is totally frustrated with the state of Rally titles ATM?:confused:
    • Dirt4 "Sim" handling is just too weird & wonky to enjoy / no DSD hand-brake support
    • SLRE might be fun but, I can't get my controllers to work with it (Yes, used RFPE mod to set multiple controllers but, game crashes when I try to tune control settings in-game)
    • WRC7 looks quite good from videos (especially the stages) but, the game simply refuses to recognize the axis for my wheel / pedals and no hand-brake support
    At least there's still RBR but, I really do despise the audio in that title and none of the mods I've tried have them sorted. Dirt Rally is really the only option and far from making the situation a disaster but, I never imagined things would be this way while there are seemingly, multiple good options for Rally games available. :(

On the upside, the Ferrari DLC is superb and I'm looking forward to trying PC2 (desperate for something new I guess). :p:)

MsportDAN and miky like this.
  2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Actually, no. Seems only 100% spring, not necessarily damper. Actually damper might affect FFB in bad way, after further testing. Someone in RD told me you should use both, but now running spring 100% damper 0% and feels maybe better. Damper indeed causes maybe just forces, that work against you.

I get stutters every time I launch WRC7, and get them fixed the same way every time, alt+enter out of game, alt+enter back to game. (Usually I do this while it loads, so not really time wasted, need to do it only once per session) Suppose running as windowed & then just alt+entering into game would do the trick too. Haven't tried fast sync

3. TTM

TTM Alien

You are not only one. I don't know why it's so hard to make proper rally simulator?? There is many rally games made, but something is always missing. I have small hopes with gRally, but let's wait and see what happens with it.

nikkk78 and Dean Ogurek like this.
  4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

WRC7 updated into 1.02.

Patch notes:
    - Improved detection of peripherals
    - Enhanced Force Feedback on steering wheels and added manual settings to the options menu
    - Improved performance
    - Implemented the option toggle dynamic field of view and motion blur on and off
    - Improved vsync on high end machines
    - Fix a bug that caused headlights on a WV Polo to always be on
    - Fixed an issue that could cause an infinite loop when players were disconnected from multiplayer
    - Fixed a crash bug during multiplayer lobby creation

More FFB options than before, so that's nice. Haven't tried yet, quick screenshot:

[​IMG]

Hated especially the FFB vibrating on engine load, also the dynamic FOV, glad I can get now rid of both. Was able also to freely adjust DOR in 10 degree increments (into 540) and not the weird values. Now probably not good time to buy the game if you're interested, Steam autumn sale is around the corner.

Edit: FFB feels very different, my old settings I was relatively ok with (while nothing great), don't feel the same at all. Wheel is way more "active". If anyone finds good settings after update, please post.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Andrew_WOT likes this.
  5. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Does the update improve anything regarding multiple USB controllers?

6. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Can't really tell, maybe someone will post more on this on RD or steam forums. My TH8A and T500 work, but still can't put TH8A into axis mode (tried now), only works as on/off handbrake.

Luis Branco likes this.
  7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I'm waiting for definitive word on controller support being much improved before I try WRC7 again. I don't see any sign of them implementing decent HID-device support so far.

Are they developing the game on actual potato's? :confused:

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

In case anyone wondering, OSW is still broken, couldn't even assign any of my controllers. Complete POS.

9. plaid

plaid Alien

How are the tarmac physics compared to Dirt Rally?

Its better than nothing, but if I don't use them cause they are no fun a big part of Rally'ng is missing.

I think the RallyX cars in PCars2 are fun, but the RallyX tracks feel like prisons that prevent you from driving to the next Rally track.

BTW: Im not sure about the graphics but the physical detail and unique parts of the tracks look really appealing.
    Dirt Rallys track can feel somewhat generic/samy.

10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Tarmac is much better in WRC7 than Dirt Rally. There is no really "weak surface" where you feel "wtf is this" when you drive on wrong surface. Don't expect AC but it's pretty good all around physics, FFB leaves some to be desired but it's not terrible either

1.2 gave lots of new parameters to customize your FFB, but I can't find settings I'm 100% happy with. But it's okay and not worse than 1.0 at least. Defaults are a bit weird (too strong FFB that probably clips like crazy, and too much constant vibrations, but u can dial it down easily)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    plaid likes this.
  11. plaid

plaid Alien

Well that sounds actually pretty good! Thx.

Hm, currently I have a hard time to enjoy what circuit racing focused sims offer regarding the singleplayer and rally games are somewhat more exciting to drive, too, so I will consider a purchase.

12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

It's just sad that the controller support for WRC7 is so lame and the Dev's can't even be bothered to respond to related issues at all. It seems this has been a problem with the entire series where PC version are concerned.

Andrew_WOT likes this.