1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Xb1 car list. No 240sx?!?!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by entrapm3nt, Aug 3, 2016.

1. entrapm3nt

entrapm3nt Rookie

I drive a 500 hp 240sx kouki in real life and a infinti g37. Don't think I need to say anymore.

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Though that wasnt targeted at me but I do have an r33 gtst which drifts quite well. You may call it a lame car but thats what id call its little brother the 240sx :D

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  3. entrapm3nt

entrapm3nt Rookie

All the more reason for ac to profit off a car everyone wants. You can say what you like I'm childish whatever. The 240sx Is possibly the best platform ever created. I hope they do see this thread. Because without those lame f+f cars ac will be losing players and money.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Are you using a wheel in Forza? Did you use one in AC and have all the aids turned off. Cant imagine youd be close to the same driving experiance in Forza as I was fairly underwhelmed each time I drove it with a wheel. The PC version of it doesnt even have wheel support so that makes a completly useless for me.

5. entrapm3nt

entrapm3nt Rookie

4 door? That is quite lame. Not bashing on the r chassis tho. We can't get them in the us.

6. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

You could actually argue there's not a single sim with an official legendary 240sx.

7. entrapm3nt

entrapm3nt Rookie

So you have not drifted in forza 6 yet you claim AC is miles ahead.

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I tried it on console at some friends places a few times with good wheel setups, found it pretty poor. Wanted to try it on pc but no wheel so I uninstalled.

9. entrapm3nt

entrapm3nt Rookie

Yeah because your friends don't know how to tune a car for drifting. Just because you have a wheel doesn't mean the car will magicly drift.

10. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

Drifting in Forza. Mash the throttle completely down at all times and countersteer in a completely unrealistic manner. Congrats, you're a drift king.

11. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

You =/= everyone.
    Those who expect another Forza/GT game might get disappointed. Because it doesn't have over 9000 cars, you can't add spoilers, rims and do swaps, and driving is more demanding than "slam the gas".

12. entrapm3nt

entrapm3nt Rookie

I don't want 9000 cars I want 1 car. And yes all racing games should have swaps and customization.

13. entrapm3nt

entrapm3nt Rookie

Clearly you have never drifted in forza 6

14. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, I skipped 6 after Forza 5 and playing Apex. There's no real difference in the driving between 5 and 6.

You should show us some comparison videos of you drifting your 500hp 240sx and a similar car in Forza. Here's a vid of a Kunos dev drifting and driving an Aventador SV.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Radfahrer and Seria17hri11er like this.
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Quite simply if your not using a wheel then saying how forza drifts means not much. Any driving game or sim without a wheel means your not actually driving the car. Main reason no real cars come with an xbox controller so you havent said yet if your using a wheel setup or not. I have no idea how bad AC is with a gamepad, I would never bother with one in any racing game. Possibly Forza does this better but with a wheel its not even close.

When I tried forza drifting I thought it was a joke as it was so easy and took no realistic techniques to actually drive is call it idiot proof actually.

Try drive a real car with the same inputs as you use in Forza and see how that works out for you. ;)

Sure sims and reality have things you need to account for and it makes it harder in sims due to limited feedback. AC has much more natural feel then any other game or sim I have driven. The actual inputs needed on wheel and pedals along with how you play with the weight of the cars is what sets AC ahead.

If you want to look like a car control master without even the basic knowledge of how to drive a car iver the limit. Forza is your best option, if you want to actually make the car dance around using the same type of technique you need for a real car then try AC. Im only assuming it will be the same as on PC and thats the main reason I wanted to try forza on PC.

To see if the physics are as bad on PC as they are on the console but still thats a test I havent been able to try. It could be console limitations and I have no idea how AC will be on consoles. Its something I will try to see if decent physics are possible on consoles or not. AC physics on pc are a huge step ahead of Forza and GT on console so it will be interesting to see if AC can bring what it has on PC to the console games.

In the end they are very different and there is no reason for AC to try and be a clone of the console games. If it can bring the uniqueness of AC to consoles then it may open the eyes of the big studios.

I never understood how they all put in so much effort in every aspect of a driving game except for the actual core driving model. Surely I though those big studios could do much better in the core physics.

Maybe they dumb them down to cater for the target audience as people dont want to realize they arent as good as they thought they were. Until AC hits consoles and I try it there its all speculation, but running console games vs Pc games like AC the driving is miles apart.

Will the console AC bring the pc experiance to that market is the big question?

Many console users may not like this and thats fine, better to have options. We dont need just 1 game to dominate them all. On PC I have pretty much all driving games and sims. AC currently is my prefered option but others may have a different view.

If your after car collecting and car modding as in GT and Forza you may be dissapointed. If you want to try a more natural driving experiance and get away from the weirdness of the big console releases then give AC a go.

Ive bought lots of games I dont use much so it may happen to you with AC. But saying only 1 car would make or break your choice of purchase then I doubt AC is going to be your thing.

16. Fab85

Fab85 Hardcore Simmer

Inopportune thread like this made by the classic negative troll with "big balls" don't deserve even an answer, lock the thread is the solution; read things like no good car, poor car list or no buying a game for a car is clearly a joke o_O

17. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

It will certainly bring threads like this to the forums. :D

AC is miles ahead of Forza, even on a pad. That holds true even if it doesn't have the particular pop-culture-approved drift car a potential buyer might personally want.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  18. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

I think there's no discussion here. If you and other 1000 guys like Forza, just play Forza. We will continue to make unique cars with their exclusive handling. This is our phylosophy and our strength.

Just a suggestion (for everyone of course): if you claim A is better than B, then prove the points with graphs and math, otherwise is just a personal opinion and we will respect them until it doesn't turn in a trolling thread or flame war.

19. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

@entrapm3nt instead of Assetto Corsa I recommend getting an education.

dermonty and Fab85 like this.
  20. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

You must've absolutely detested Project CARS' car list then, but personally that's still given over a year of awesome fun. I'm glad these sims are more focused on racing cars and driving in a straight line than not, and there's a lot of cars in AC I'm really looking forward to. I'd be happy if there was no drifting at all, as would 1000s of other people. Can't please everyone.

AyrtJ97 and JulesDennis like this.