1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Xbox controller head movement

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Xyzeto, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Horus

Horus Alien

Well your duplicated thread seemed to portray someone that has had an issue with something for a great deal of time, so I checked your time in game to see how long you had suffered the indignity of no head movement. It also helps to see how much experience you have had with the game and as such what type of help to offer. To be honest I should have left you to your own happy slappy ways, but hey ho.

aphidgod likes this.
  2. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

Dude, before you report the thread can I politely suggest you show some contrition for your opening comments and other comments re devs.

Good luck with getting your issue resolved.

Horus likes this.
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

They will probably work a lot more now when they know that the slap is in the air.

bye

Horus likes this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

5. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

I remember that Stefano, in one of his streams, said the less head movement the better, because there're so many thing you have to mentally calculate while driving, add another layer of head movement would only make things worse and not realistic.

Still, you can use Opentrack with your smartphone:
    https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack
    https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/wiki/Smartphone-Headtracking

This kind of thing works better with flight sims IMHO and won't help you on AC.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Xbox controller doesn't have a gyro or something to detect movement. Or does it? At least the 360 version doesn't. I know you can do this with the Steam Controller and kinda works pretty well - better than with a smartphone.

Nick Moxley and Horus like this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Too much head movement ingame can cause nausea aswell. :( Thats whats good with RHM that you can decide whats moving, how much and how fast.

wedge_one likes this.
  7. Xyzeto

Xyzeto Rookie

I had everything set up and it was fine with Freepie "( info in main post) recently it stopped working so as usual before posting I read forum an I found that since 64bit it doesn't work. Somebody already replied to me that that's not correct, so I answered that I'll give it a try again. But everything we talking about is a workaround. So I hope to see a proper mapping implemented sometime in future

8. Xyzeto

Xyzeto Rookie

Maybe I was a bit harsh in title, but from other point I own this game since beta and I read multiple request for mapping to be done, so I hope you can understand my frustration

9. Xyzeto

Xyzeto Rookie

and just to add to a main topic, I could turn my had in project cars using analog stick 2 years before it was actually released, without modding.

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

But now when its fixed so you can use RHM again, why dont u do it?

11. Xyzeto

Xyzeto Rookie

I'll try, haven't got time today yet. fixed=workaround, hopefully whole mapping system will be updated in future, it's not only about turning head in xbox controller obviously

12. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

AHK is your friend, also to map Esc to Start button. When I have the time, I'll drop a script for your request. At least snap views should be possible, but a proper analogue POV will be much harder.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  13. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

<insert meme img>
    [plays AC with a controller]
    [says the devs deserve a slap]
    </meme>

14. Xyzeto

Xyzeto Rookie

"younge" in your nick, explained over excitement with the word "slap"

15. plaid

plaid Alien

Vice versa.

Its realistic when the world doesn't move and especially doesnt spin, besides heavy crashs and in reality you can turn your head.

If its about all realism the default cam wouldn't exist.

I never touched AC, when RHM-mod didn't work. And the amount of posts in the RHM thread shows how important it is to many and not just a few, including the reasons why its actually realistic.
    And even the RHM-mod could be improved.

But in the end its a matter of preference.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  16. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I like RHM and honestly I don't care if it's realistic. I was playing 32bits all the time since 64 AC came out just because it wasn't possible to use RHM with 64bits until last week (or so). I don't get that 120% realism chase in games (yes all what you have on your PC are just games), if you like to play something the way you do it, don't stop because someone says to you it's not realistic.
    Also don't feel like sticking phone to my head for 2h (and often more).

On a side note, I'd like to know why my first post in this thread (which was post #2) is no longer there? It was just saying that RHM is working and all you have to do is check the last page of the thread to see instructions. Did it break any forum rules? Offended anyone?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    Horus likes this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

He made 2 threads: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/xbox-controller-head-movement-how.29689/
    Your post is still there. :)

V8_KB likes this.
  18. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Déjà vu lol. When one isn't enough...
    I knew it was weird that the thread is here, my post isn't and I still don't get notifications about new posts in it.

kofotsjanne likes this.