1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #253

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

upload_2021-11-27_11-9-4.png

upload_2021-11-27_11-8-53.png

LaFerrari @ Redbull GP

RSR WR 1.26.024 by @GoodGame.eXistenZ

Most laptimes are in the 1.28 -1.33 range.

Ideal PSI 32 Front, 33 Rear

How to take part -
    Hot lap: To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the Ferrari LaFerrari
    Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap
    Track: Red Bull GP
    Time of day: Free Ambient
    Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free
    Deadline: Sunday November 28th 2021 I usually post the results around 10pm MST.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used! Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:
    Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4) The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Season 2018
    1. Car: Honda NSX GT3
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for single fastest lap
    3. Time of day: 16:00
    4. Track: Laguna Seca
    5. Weather type eg: Clear
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a

SlowGrayAudi and Totall Wrytoff like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-11-28_15-21-37.png
    Rest in peace Sir Frank Williams.
    News to make one feel flatter than an F1 Pirelli. He was a incredible man and easily takes his place amongst the true greats.

4. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:25.520
    PC

Very messy, need more practice around here. Setup need tweaking for sure.

With the new tire physics the tires definitely heat up more the more you push them, as you can see as I'm finishing up the right side is on fire. Probably need to soften the setup as the tires are working very hard.

upload_2021-11-28_10-55-3.png

upload_2021-11-28_10-55-28.png

upload_2021-11-28_10-54-27.png

5. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Sorry to go off topic before even setting a time, but I have some PC queries.

My only real exposure to the world of PC’s is through work - so not a great basis to form any kind of useful opinion on specs. With ACC my main go to, and having an XSX playing support act, I am know looking at dipping a toe in to the PC sim world. I don’t want to pay too much, if I enjoy it I’ll probably ch age it in a couple of years, so a spec to start with. I was thinking i7 10700/11700, 3200 ram and a 3060ti/3070 (apparently the 3070 does have a 10% advantage but is £200 more) and an SSD twined with an HD. I run a 144 1440 monitor. What’s the thoughts for a first outing?

6. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

That should be fine for ACC @TinPeach as long as you are on single screen. I have an i7 7700 and 207o and I can run ACC on mix of High/epic graphic setting and up to 25 cars (the CPU struggles with any more) on super widescreen 1440p monitor. I had a regular 4k monitor before and again was fine with that.

PC’s are a bit more of a faff than consoles but worth it in the long run IMO

7. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

That looks like a competitive opening time @SlowGrayAudi, in my trial run I had to check I wasn’t in a GT4 when I looked at the clock!

SlowGrayAudi and Pretend racer like this.
  8. SlowGrayAudi

Here's my build list with prices. I got his stuff in January i think of this year.

I live in the US so prices obviously fluctuate.

Im running a 1tb m.2 drive and i love it. Im up and running on track before my ps4 even hits the menu screen.

Im using a standard 2tb hdd for extra storage. Might swap it for an ssd later on. But for your C: drive you need an m.2 Its just so much faster.

My 10700k is overclocked to 5.0 on all cores and with the 3070 slightly overclocked im running 4k at 80fps minimum solo and online. With AI it takes a hit due to the physics working that much harder.

RAM SPEED MATTERS!!!! 3600Mh is a sweet spot. Make sure you get something with decent timing. 16gb minimum running dual channel. You can pick up 5-10 fps vs not dual channel or not enabling xmp profile.

At 1440p im at 150 fps or above i believe.

But with the new dlss from Nvidia its only getting better.

Screenshot_20210422-104949_Gallery.jpg

Totall Wrytoff and Pretend racer like this.
  9. SlowGrayAudi

Haha! That made me chuckle. You'll find some time! Braking stability is important around Laguna i found out. A click more diff helped a lot and slightly stiffer front danper bump. I did 3 clicks

Pretend racer likes this.
  10. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:24.945
    PC

Some more tweaks. That front end gets tired and HOT! Might need to open the front ducts from 3 to 4.

upload_2021-11-28_20-42-29.png

upload_2021-11-28_20-42-53.png

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  11. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

No ideas what this means (apart from the 16gb minimum), you'll need to explain things as if you were talkng to a Labrador puppy. Does the dual element just mean two sets of 8gb, and what's the xmp profile?

I can get a machine for £1,100 - 3200 DDR, 3060Ti, i7 11700, and a similar spec but runing a 3070 for £1300 - I think that sounds pretty good, but again, I refer back to the puppy statement!

Totall Wrytoff and Pretend racer like this.
  12. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

I bought my PC parts and assembled it about 3 months ago, I did an extensive research and I reinforce SGA's comment on M.2 drive, currently 1 TB sounds the sweet spot. If you need more storage, then I would consider a second drive, and honestly I'd go for a SSD as second.

A second point is considering AMD CPUs, many people in gaming communities are making positive reviews. I went for a Ryzen 5600x, and I'm happy with it (faster CPUs are available). A further note: Ryzen CPUs benefit from faster memories more than Intel CPUs. If you choose AMD, make sure you get fast RAM. I would consider 3200MHz minimum, 3600MHz sweet spot.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

Pretend racer and TinPeach like this.
  13. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Building a machine in the UK is impossible due to parts cost. For example, the £1.1k machine I mentioned carrying a 3060ti, that card to buy on its own as just the card is currently around the £700. But I like the call on the Ryzen 5600, that looks to have some great performance.

Pretend racer and Rod100 like this.
  14. SlowGrayAudi

Dual channel means that when you install the ram you usually have 4 slots total.

||||

You want your two ram sticks installed in 1 and 3, or 2 and 4. This is dual channel.

If you get 3600mhz ram it defaults to 2333 mhz i think it is in the bios.

You manual have to enable the xmp profile in the bios (1 simple click) and it sets the memory to its (performance mode (3600mhz in this example)

Pretend racer likes this.
  15. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    PC

Feels like too much engine power.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

16. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    1:26.073
    XSX
    First couple of runs, pretty happy with the start, but I’m hoping plenty to come.

Attached Files:

17. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    TinPeach
    1:25.824
    XSX
    One last go after a dinner. Still using aggressive with just the tyre pressures adjusted (although the front left needs another .5 added). Got aim for the 24’s as that is the benchmark from SGA so far!

Attached Files:

18. SlowGrayAudi

I would recommend at least 1 click diff. Helps quite a bit.

Pretend racer and Rod100 like this.
  19. SlowGrayAudi

Also my new baby showed up!

Had to update all sorts of firmware for it work. Haven't driven yet but i cant wait.

20211129_163112.jpg 20211129_151859.jpg 20211129_151912.jpg

20. SlowGrayAudi

AC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:28.899
    PC

New wheel, new experience! I definitely need more time with this wheel. Feels so different to the McLaren GT3.

Only did one timed lap, not sure if i suck or not.

upload_2021-11-29_20-38-7.png

upload_2021-11-29_20-39-1.png

21. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

AC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:28.263
    PC

Just more laps.

upload_2021-11-29_20-54-19.png

upload_2021-11-29_20-54-37.png