1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #253

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Nov 27, 2021.

1. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    TinPeach
    1:25.419
    XSX
    Thought I would try out a setup tweak, and in between some warm ups I set my fastest time - this could be promising!

Attached Files:

2. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:25:627
    PC

Very scruffy lap, dipped a wheel off the track a couple of time that cost me a fair chunk of time.....and the rest of the stint was utter pants!

ACC WHC Header2.PNG

3. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Rod100
    PC

Aggressive setup plus SGA's suggestions on diff and front dampers.

I thought I knew something about this track, but apparently I'm wrong...[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

4. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Rod100
    PC

A bit better now.[​IMG]

5. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Sorry to go on about this, but you guys are the only people I can ask.

As mentioned, I can’t build a PC, it would be at least 3 times as expensive. But I have found, for a really good price the following: Ryzen 7 5800, RTX 3070, 16gb at 3200 (can’t find 3600 apart from in rigs twice the price), 2TB HDD@7200 and 1TB SSD (m.2).

I think this sounds pretty good, but is there anything there that is a big mistake, especially versus the price (approx. £1200).

Pretend racer and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  6. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Not a bad price honestly.

Its hard to find 3600 MHz memory on a pre built system.

Is the processor unlocked? Can you overclock it? I dont know anything about amd processors, but id want to ba able to overclock it. I unlocked at least 10 fps by overclocking the processor

On intel the processor will have a K at the end. That signifies that its unlocked. Mine is a 10700k

Otherwise looks good!

Does it have wifi 2x2? Is there a sound card? Any idea which 3070 it is?

Hardwire Ethernet if you can bur make sure you have the option of WiFi (6 preferably)

There are like 30 different 3070s and theres a big variance in performance.

A 3 fan is recommended for cooling

https://premiumbuilds.com/graphics-cards/rtx-3070-aftermarket-card-comparison/

RTX-3070-Aftermarket-Cards-1024x500.png

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    Pretend racer and TinPeach like this.
  7. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

All looks good, the Ryzen 7 5800 is superior to my Ryzen 5 5600X. This Ryzen is probably the Ryzen 7 5800X (X was missing), according to the AMD website, it's unlocked for overclocking.

Honestly, imho, I wouldn't bother overclocking it the next day after buying this PC. If you buy it, after some time using it and if you feel you need more performance, then I would go for it.

Regarding sound card, given the specs, I would guess it has a good motherboard, and good motherboards tend to have good audio on board already installed.

Pretend racer and TinPeach like this.
  8. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Wow, thanks guys.

SGA, pretty much all of what you’ve questioned I can answer yes to, apart from being definite on the card, it it is rated slightly faster than than 3060ti which was the other option I found and only £50 cheaper.

Rod, really appreciate the overview of the CPU, makes me feel so much better getting that feedback.

I’m going to go and see it at weekend, if all is ok, I may just make the jump - still very scary for console guy!

9. SlowGrayAudi

Id pay upwards of 150 to get the 3070 over the 3060ti. Its a decent step up.

Quick comparison i found

I'd jump on it. Looks like a great package for the price!

Join the bottom less pit of pc gaming lol!!!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    Pretend racer, TinPeach and Rod100 like this.
  10. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Looks like another one alighting from the sinking ship. :)

Meanwhile, the band played on.

Gentlemen, it has been a hono(u)r.
    Screenshot_20211202-110832_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pretend racer and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  11. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Just passing by to post a quick entry. Virtual TCR final next week :eek:

AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:25:996
    [​IMG]

12. Oh wow! That's kicked it off!!

Firstly, what a great response from everyone!
    Secondly, if you are at Labrador puppy level TinPeach, I am an Amoeba. This blizzard of numbers and unknown abbreviations is the reason I am still on PS4. I would have to get someone to set it all up for me so I can switch on and play....
    Thirdly, as I am on board @moodyryder 's so-called sinking ship, I have been trying out the man maths. Can I justify £1200 just to have an (albeit vastly) improved version of Assetto Corsa? I am still at the "hmmmm..." stage.

Good luck with it all @TinPeach and looking forward to hearing how the transition goes.

13. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

If it all goes quiet from this point you’ll know…

But to justify things a little more, it’s not just AC and ACC that I’m hoping to benefit from. It also opens up a plethora of other titles that just aren’t coming to console (thanks Rod for reminding me of this). But yes, it is incredibly daunting, the only choice previously needed for buying a console was what brand you prefer - Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo. That’s it - simples!

14. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

All joking aside TW, if you want to sim race properly, you need that pc.

I've had this debate with console players who run leagues and play to a very high standard. That's fine, good for them. But they're playing Scottish football. Pc is the Champions League.

The pc versions offer so much more. Never mind the performance, the modding content is insane. So many more circuits and cars. The WHL could go on for another 250. ;)

I looked at it but it doesn't make sense for me economically and I also only dabble with sim racing.

But if you're serious about it; decent playseat, proper rig and good screen; why put a Mini engine in a Porsche chassis?

15. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

That’s an excellent analogy. For my situ, I’ve spent money on all those components so why not take that next step and finish it. Obviously still keeping my Series X for all the fun stuff

16. SlowGrayAudi

One more thing to think about us once you get a PC you have a way way wider selection of peripherals, wheels and pedals that will work without having to stick with an ecosystem because everything will plug in via USB and everything is PC compatible that way you're not locked into one brand and having to buy their overpriced items.

17. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

I have been simracing for about 7 years all together. First on the controller with the ps4, then a wheel. Then I got frustrated and built myself a decent computer - for the time! Now, 5 years later my computer is having a very hard time running ac in vr, let alone acc. Lately my fps has been horrible and I can't figure it out. So I am also thinking about upgrading quite seriously. But this time I realize that I will probably need to upgrade again in 5 years, there isn't really a way to future proof your computer. I was hoping to wait until ac2 comes out but I am too frustrated by Not being able to race properly to wait that long.

After 5 years of simracing I think I have 'earned' a new computer lol. I am going to get a new computer for xmas. I already bought acc when it was on sale this past weekend...

Totall Wrytoff, Rod100 and moodyryder like this.
  18. Pretend racer

pretend racer
    pc

[​IMG]

Frustrating brakes on a track where hitting your braking marks is key is only fun for a few laps lol. I kept meaning to go back and try for a better time but I never got around to it. Next weeks whc is a little more fun I think.

Attached Files:

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  19. Pretend racer

If you plan on getting into vr at all (I highly recommend you do!) you may need to run a lot of games with the settings turned down quite a bit. Especially acc as its very hard to run properly in vr. If you plan on getting triples you should be fine.

20. Pretend racer

My mouse and keyboard are at the end of their lives as well. Any advice on what to get? I have been eyeballing the evga z20 (on sale for only $80 can) for the mechanical keyboard, but I can't figure out the different types of switches... I also have really big hands and most mice feel like little kids toys to me. It seems the ergonomic mice aren't the best for gaming though, so I am kinda lost lol.