1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

League threads on the AC forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TCLF, Jun 3, 2014.

1. TCLF

TCLF Alien

I have for a while been on this forum and now am also organizing a league. What I notice is that there are now more and more league threads popping up in the chit-chat room. What I'm simply suggesting is a part on this forum(or within eye reach of this forum), where leagues/events can be organised. I have a detailed explanation.

What is the case now?
    There is a chit-chat room where people make a thread to their own site where they run their league.

Why do I think that that isn't a good idea?
    To say it in one sentence: it will break the community apart.

It will get very hard to find those leagues simply because they will get buried under the other chit-chat threads. This makes it unnecessarily hard for people to find leagues even though the solution is very simple.

Example:
    I have tried some leagues in rF2. It was unbelievable hard to find them and for em it looked like it was dead, even though it's very new.

What do I suggest?
    My suggestion is a very simple, but effective one. Let me show an example LFS forum uses.
    [​IMG]

Why LFS? well, they managed to have full grids for more than 10 years now, even with the last 7-8 years without any content or big update. Why? Everyone could find all the leagues in one blink of an eye. Everyone knew each other because everyone who wanted o drive a league, was there on that part of the forum. Some of them indeed linked to a own website, but everyone knew it was there. this is what caused the long life of LFS.

downsides?
    there is indeed a downside. It needs moderation. But hey, if you don't have time to moderate those parts, we have a big community where will be people who are happy to help.

Why start now
    Because I think it's better to keep the community together from the start. I mean, if you glue a broken plate together, it will never be as strong as before it broke.

luchian, SvenUilhoorn, Nao and 19 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Online Leagues / Championships room Australian Assetto Corsa league - XGN Tuesdays and Thursdays May 7, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC LEAGUE AUSTRALIA Jan 29, 2024
    Online Leagues / Championships room I am trying to make a racing league! Dec 19, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room Assetto Corsa Ferrari F1 Tribute League Sep 14, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RRLeagues GT3 Masters VII in association with TREQ Jul 18, 2023
    ACC Tools Online League Management System & Livetiming for ACC ?? Jun 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions IXR has League Nights on Friday's 7:30pm BST Jun 18, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC/GT3] RRLeagues | 2.4h of The Glen Jun 14, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Leagues Jun 9, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions IXR ACC Discord Group (Leagues) Jun 9, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] TNRL | Thursday Night Racing League Season 01 Jun 4, 2023
    Console Lounge Assetto Corsa Ps4 league dc link May 24, 2023
    Console Lounge Online League May 22, 2023
    Chit Chat Room 2TL Racing league - PC only Mar 30, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room 2TL Racing League GT3 Mar 30, 2023

3. baboon

baboon Alien

sounds good.

4. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

@TCLF

The only part of that I disagree with is the notion that there's a downside....

5. TCLF

TCLF Alien

can you explain why?

6. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

There's no downside at all to that suggestion. Relying on external sites for league/private server/event advertising reduces the chances of new drivers finding suitable multiplayer action, and that's not good for long term business. "Multiplayer is **** because I can't get a good race" can only be avoided in a dedicated server situation by making it as easy as possible to publicise private setups, and a forum section dedicated to such posts is the absolute least Kunos should be doing.

The only downside you listed - increased moderation load - would only be the case if it wasn't for the fact that Chit Chat already has a load of said posts.

(I'm agreeing violently with you :) )

7. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Moderation will be a huge issue for Kunos. They could have sub forums for leagues but they'd have to assign a moderator for each one. This will bring about it's own problems.
    It will be much easier for them to tell you to go and create your own forum, especially at this stage of development.

It's not that difficult.

(hint hint)

Queequeg and TCLF like this.
  8. TCLF

TCLF Alien

It indeed shouldn't be that difficult. I thought like that first as well. But when I thought a bit more deeply into it, I noticed that just a sub-forum for leagues would have the same effect as rF has right now. It would become a chit-chat room but with league threads linking to their 3rd party websites. It has to be organised for it to have any effect. It can only be organised by having it moderated (or they must make something genius).
    me too :p

OK, so I tried some stuff with this forum software, and it's indeed as easy as I thought to implement this. Here is an example

[​IMG]
    looks clean from the outside, but here's a list of what's underneath.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see it's also easy to add a moderator to it
    [​IMG]
    must say this is easy right? you can give everything in detail for every moderator. it's just someone has to moderate the moderators. which there are enough people for who are willing to do that

9. TCLF

TCLF Alien

@AC Support why I'm so pushy about this, is because I don't want to see this community die as fast as rfactor's and such. You can never start too early with this

Magun and Lucas - Xtremepsionic like this.
  10. I second this, there are some very valid points made on this post. I hope the Devs will give it a serious look.

MP isn't just the netcode, but the community as well. Right now it's not that great due to the lack of opportunities to get to know other racers you're racing with since there's hardly any room to chat or connect with them. It really should be looked it!

TCLF likes this.
  11. Agree. We have been trying to build a West Coast league (for lower ping) but it has been more trouble than not. Would be way easier to have Kunos create/allow and the assign mods and server managers as part of this forum. My $0.02.

P.S. Lucas is a great racer ... so he's mine ;-)

TCLF likes this.
  12. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Great idea, surely just a 'sticky' section under multiplayer, then more posts including stickies under that. Make a few more moderators (2-3) and just restrict them to that entire thread if need be, some people who already run their own servers and don't cause many arguments would be ideal candidates!

13. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

I think Multiplayer is far enough along that the AC leagues can get started now, many already have.

We need an easily identifiable location ( not the chit/chat forum ) where people that are interested in AC Leagues can find them.

I know their was talk of this from Kunos not long ago and I'd just like to say that I think the time is ripe.

I couldn't decide whether to post this here or in the chit/chat forum ( yes i know, irony :) ). If an Admin would like to move it ( to the chit/chat forum ) Please Do :D

Disclaimer: I am not currently in a league nor am I promoting one at this time, hopefully that will change soon though :)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    TCLF and PAKFA like this.
  14. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Not only for leagues but for any MP related topic that does not include bugs & issues.

I said it before we need a forum section, something like Multiplayer Chit Chat Room or Multiplayer Discussions.

15. TCLF

TCLF Alien

16. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Merged. Will look into it in the next days (maybe after next release).

17. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Thanks kunos :D

18. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

Aaaahhh, I didn't know your thread already existed TCLF or I would have supported it instead of creating my own.

I need to spend more time in the suggestions section :oops:

Anyway, Thank You for agreeing to look at it Kunos !!!! :D

TCLF likes this.
  19. TCLF

TCLF Alien

It's after the release :p

20. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

You miss the "maybe". :D

TCLF likes this.
  21. TCLF

TCLF Alien