1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

League threads on the AC forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TCLF, Jun 3, 2014.

1. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Of course I'm paraphrasing but I understood what you meant. My reply was a polite way of reminding you that this thread is nearly a year old....if you want something done, do it yourself.

2. dauntless

dauntless Alien

You can actually go to lfsworld and rent a server (if we are talking about the game servers).

TCLF likes this.
  3. TCLF

TCLF Alien

indeed, but that is no different from like renting a server from Rackservice.

I do know this. But quite recently @6S.Manu has told me they are indeed working on such thing and that it is necessary. That's why I'm still willing to think/discuss for this feature. If they still haven't implemented it because of the "heavy moderation"(they still didn't reply anywhere to if it still is a problem with the suggestions given) I am giving them inspiration on working around that problem.

sjonnieloper likes this.
  4. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

...and we want to. Badly. And we want to be found easily.

The Chit Chat Room makes it very hard to scroll through and find a league (if people even expect us to promote there).

Fact is, we can become one of the cornerstones of the AC community, like every (very much) appreciated type of modding and photographers who have their own separate boards. And again, we want to become one of those cornerstones.

I've waited for months hoping you guys would get a league board up. Now is the time, right? Please? ;)

Support, thou fellow league/community racers, support!

Alessandro Greghi and TCLF like this.
  5. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

6. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

Top work!

7. dauntless

dauntless Alien

On the surface it looks great!

I'm however wondering could there be more casual section on the forum as well for server owners and more casual race night organizers who may want to advertise their servers and steam groups and discuss about upcoming events and rules (schedules, provide links to used mods, provide contact infos and share passwords)? A place where server owners and race organizers could make a thread where they post and discuss about their server? A place where anybody could make a thread about trying to find other racers to do a 10 lap dtm race on the nordschleife later in the evening or starting weekly race days and asking people what cars would they want to drive.

Something that could be called as "Hosting and online racing". Or "Non-league online racing". Basically a place for the threads that now are being posted in the chi chat room.

Anyways, this is not a complaint but a friendly suggestion :)

Bernd.H and SvenUilhoorn like this.
  8. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hello,

We're testing to see how this league section works, if it's successful we can always check another possible-good ideas.

Regards
    Kevin

9. TCLF

TCLF Alien

This is a great step! I'm really looking forward to how this develops and helps the league racing community.

Thanks Kevin and kunos for making this possible.

10. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Now after 1.2 is released and this long after the implementation of the league section, I think it's a good idea too look into further improving this section. What we have now is great for existing general sim race communities. But, there are a lot of problems which pretty much cause AC league racing not to get off the ground very well.

-The already mentioned having to make another account... again
    -The above pretty much causes this one: security
    -Sites are most of the times unorganized and messy
    -Because most of the times they are general simracing websites and AC their MP isn't very good compared to other sims, the only thing you hear about AC is complaining, which doesn't make it a fun experience at all and mostly ends up in them doing just some fun events in AC
    -There have been cases where sites went paid (some for a reasonable amount of money, and some for rediclous amounts)

Of course this goes paired with problems I adressed in the "multiplayer in AC" thread, but that's a different topic than this.

I talked to kevin about how difficult and heavy the moderation of this section is. What he told me is that as long nothing weirds pops up it's very easy. This wouldmake me sugegst to try out my original idea to implement the system I suggested in the OP (the LFS forum system). There is a reason one of the best if not the best league out there, is organised on Reddit.

But if moderation still looks like a problem to you, here are some other suggestions.

-Make the organisers moderate their own section.
    -Ask some members of the multiplayer community to moderate those sections (I'm for example totally in for helping)
    -Make a still simple, but more advanced system where less moderation is required (without the use of 3rd party websites, since that's what causes the original problems I mentioned again)

What kind of system? Well, I'm going to refer to LFS again. Recently they added a league system to their site (https://www.lfs.net/leagues). This is pretty much the way to implement an effective and easy to use league section for assetto corsa leagues. You can filter the leagues and when you found a league which interests you, you are linked to their league page (https://www.lfs.net/leagues/242-Worldwide-Racing fore example). Over there is everything you need. It's just that they still have the sign ups and such organized through their original (forum) system. If you want to avoid moderating, move the sign ups/protests stuff to that page as well. Maybe even make it so only the organiser can see the protests/sign ups so there won't be any unnescesarry discussions created on that page.

On another subject, there are also racing teams driving in those leagues, they have no place to spot good drivers and have no way of drivers to spot them atm. I think it was @Niki Đaković who came with this in the multiplayer in AC thread. Of course those teams don't need a suffisticated system to get those posabilities, but it's worth to look into.