1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

League threads on the AC forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TCLF, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

In my old flightsim community, we used to have a forum section simply named "Come fly with me". There we would post threads asking for flight company, air traffic controllers etc. For instance: "I'm gonna fly a short trip from ESML to EDDT. Will lift off at 18:00 cet. Anyone wanna join?"

Do you think a similar forum section for finding companions to race with here in AC would be a good idea?

P.S. sorry, posted this in the wrong forum section...

2. TCLF

TCLF Alien

so it's now a couple of months later. What is the status on this? Is it not going to happen, or will it be there, but in a later stage etc.? Just getting curious about it.

3. matjas92

matjas92 Simracer

Have read this for the first time, being linked from a league topic. I definitely think it's best to take actions in this regard as fast as possible, at least before final v1.0.

Right now when I want good racing, I head over to racedepartment, they have good organized club races and also a sub forum for leagues. Would be great to gather all the leagues in a central place on this forum to strengthen the community and allow easy access for newcomers.

Really hope something about this gets done in the near future. Thanks for pointing this out TCLF

TCLF likes this.
  4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Racer

I agree- there should be a league/matchmaker forum

5. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Positives:
    - one active community instead of lots of splintered smaller cliques all over the internet
    - central place where people can set up their leagues and good visibility
    - more low level leagues = eventually high level leagues start appearing too. If some of those start making youtube or livestream broadcasts of the races = more visibility for ac for free
    - when people are thinking about buying the game they can see directly that ac is active and there are lots of players online just by looking at the league/online race section of the forum
    - centralised place where people can post guides and help for setting up online servers and starting up leagues
    - own section of the forum dedicated for leagues and discussions about online racing will not clutter other places on the forum
    - gives a place for already running leagues and servers to showcase their stuff to wider audience

Negatives:
    - some form of moderation action is needed at times. I'm not talking about banning or discliplinary actions but simply having someone who can give people sub sections to do their stuff in
    - needs some basic set of rules and requirements what you need to do before you can ask for your sub section (there should be no requirements to making threads though)

Not doing this will have a negative effect on ac in the long run and will make it a lot harder to create big high profile leagues and championships. Taking the approach that this forum is supposed to be purely for ac technical support would be huge missed opportunity. After all leagues and servers are 3rd party content just like car, track and other mods. All these things are something the community shares for the most part for free and imho ac should embrace these people who are making ac bigger and better in all kinds of different ways.

If moderation is an issue then you could just ban michael hornbuckle and spend those 4 days of the week that you spend moderating him to spend them instead on moderating the leagues and online racing sections of the forum...

So what do we need/want?
    - Sub section on the forums for leagues. Here leagues that fulfill certain criteria can get their own sub section and moderator who can sticky posts and move posts and threads inside that sub section
    - another sub section where leagues can make threads to bring attention to their league and discuss about their own things. On this section people can post threads about their servers, ask for people to race with them or organise events.
    - and one more sub section for inactive leagues. Read below.
    - set of requirements you need to fulfill BEFORE you can apply to get your own sub section for the league. Here are what I think are good basic requirements:
    ** league owner who would be getting the moderation rights needs to have a very clear disciplinary record
    ** the league needs to have completed at least two races before it can get an own section
    ** big high profile leagues can be given own section before first race
    ** you need to have at least 10 people per race. No sub sections if you are just hotlapping monza in f-abarth every saturday with your mommy and little sister
    ** after certain period of inactive time has passed the league sub section will be automatically moved to a section called inactive leagues sub section.

So in the end the online racing sub section of the forum could look like this:
    AC online racing section
    +- general discussion for leagues, servers and finding races and racers
    +- active league subsections
    |\league1
    |\league2
    |\league3
    +-inactive leagues
    |\oldleague1
    |\oldleague2
    |\oldleague3

Quffy, matjas92, TCLF and 1 other person like this.
  6. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

This is a technical support forum at heart but that structure is old. From a time when AC was still a small project few people believed in. Times have changed. AC user numbers are up, forum user numbers are up. I think it is time that the official forum reflect that as well. Some really good pointers here already and there is really nothing to loose by adding a Leagues section, only things to gain. Yes, you need moderation but why not go through volunteer admins that are supervised for being correct and impartial? @dauntless suggestion with league organizer moderating is not bad at heart but can leave the door open for tyrants to ruin their own leagues :)
    It is really not that difficult and would indeed move things a along on this forum and for this community by a large step. And adding the new section is not that much work either.

TCLF likes this.
  7. effemau

effemau Gamer

8. TCLF

TCLF Alien

I don't think it's very useful TBH. A 3rd party website means another password and again a split community because of the couple of other sites which do exactly the same. Definitely not after I went to it and clicked on a league and I got linked to another forum again, which was in full italian. Not really attracting. Don't get me wrong though, I appreciate a lot of what you do there.

I just hope that they have planned it for 1.0 or something, because they didn't react after having said that they were looking into it.

9. effemau

effemau Gamer

You don't need password there, if you only need to know about events all around the world. Then, it's normal to expect text in italian if you click on an event located in Italy.
    It depends from the organizer to advertise it in different languages, if they want people from outside of the country. And site is intended as a container (search engine), not only as a place where organize events.

10. TCLF

TCLF Alien

yes, and if every league posted there is italian, I can't do much different than finding it unattractive.
    which is exactly the problem

11. effemau

effemau Gamer

There are not only italian leagues for AC there. You can find from USA, Spain, Brasil, Portugal and France. Website started only 2 weeks ago. Let it to be known in all the countries. It takes time and it takes my time to advertise it everywhere. Maybe you can help me sending me a list of communities from your country and i'll contact them.

12. TCLF

TCLF Alien

From all the upcoming races there is only 1 english speaking and that one is american (it is that I know that it's with european times though. I got that info from this forum btw ;)), but I'll leave it at there because it's not relevant to this topic.

The problem with your site is that, even though you dont need to register for your site, you are linked to another 3rd party website and need to make another account for every league you want to join. This does (I know from experience) simply not work even close as well as such a simple sub-forum. It is the difference between 9 car grids and 33 cars signed up tightened to a grid of 32 because 32 is the max grid possible.

13. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Let's put it this way. If ac had forum section for leagues (for example like I laid out my example earlier in this thread) that site would also get more clicks and people joining because people would find that site from this forum as well.

TCLF likes this.
  14. TCLF

TCLF Alien

So, it is a while after 1.0 released. My question if there is any update on this topic?

15. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Racer

Great idea!!!

16. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

This would come in very handy. The game is fully released now.

17. TCLF

TCLF Alien

18. jamba

jamba Racer

19. There are more than one possibility to spread league infos. Maybe it would be better to give a link instantly at assettocorsa.net . The starting site is pretty empty, and since it is the first page of the site visitors should be guided from there to a legaue page, where we could place our banners.

20. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Although I do not like to be that guy who complains about that 1 feature all the time, but now I am going to be that guy anyway.

I've let this case rest till after 1.0 and even the 1.1 update so I would be sure it wouldn't be done with one of the big updates. I think it's pretty stupid, that such an important simple little feature, which is even acknowledged by an admin that it's needed, is not yet implemented. It literally only takes 30 mins max to set this up. I also do realize that you are worried about the moderation part, but as I said before, we have a community here. There are enough people here who are encouraging this feature and are ready to help out. I don't see the problem you are still having (otherwise this would be done already).

This simple thing, is so damn important for the community. What is holding this back?