1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Oculus rift and 1.3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Thug, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Not sure if this has been asked before and just a little bit worried...

I know that the Rift isn't supported in runtime 0.7 (and therefore W10 for Rift users) and that's ok as I have yet to update and don't intend to until it is supported (even if that is next year), but I am also aware that Kunos has removed their Rift supported tag off the game in Steam too.

Will that mean that when 1.3 is released that they will completely drop support for the Rift, removing it completely in the update or will it still work and be supported (on run time 0.6.1, W8.1, etc) for those of us who have not updated?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Weird gfx/colour Issue when using Oculus Rift. Mar 19, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus rift S Pixel density not working Oct 4, 2021
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Oculus Rift Compositor issue (double vision) Apr 19, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus Rift S vs Reverb G2 Jan 22, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus Rift cv1 settings for 90 fps Dec 5, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Not ACC Fault - Oculus Rift not recognizing USB 3 Jul 24, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus rift application dropped frames. Jul 8, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Variable Pixeldensity with Oculus Rift S works (a little) May 20, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Oculus Rift + Fanatec CSL Elite = no FFB May 16, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality AC not talking to Oculus Rift S May 10, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Oculus Rift in full screen May 5, 2020
    Screens & Videos Oculus Rift in full screen May 5, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus Rift in full screen May 5, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Is it possible to mirror audio to speakers when using Oculus Rift? Apr 19, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Rift S -Start ACC in Oculus mode -> Sim Rig Outside of Oculus Guardian Apr 11, 2020

3. nonnex

nonnex Alien

They dont support hardware thats not even out and only exists as a Developer kit. Maybe they have started to support it because they (as much other ppl) thought it would be final sooner, but now they want to look first how this market envolves before putting more resources into probably. Till then no support or much development on that front, nope.

Pascalwb and Horus like this.
  4. JackCY

JackCY Racer

Oculus has had a few flops so far, their API isn't stable and if you implement one they change it and you have to recode it again, and again. It's a dev kit not a stable final version, nothing extraordinary either so far, low resolution and low viewing angle. Once there is a final release of these newer VR headsets you can expect developers to implement them in their released software. Until then it's a thing to experiment with and get hands on as a developer before consumers do. But lots of people bought the dev kits as consumers and do not develop anything.

Pascalwb and nonnex like this.
  5. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Thats exactly the point... "Developer Kit" is not a selling label, it is meant by how its written.
    How ever, when the facebucculus or other also interesting VR-Hardware (HTC or similar) will be final, are sold very good, then no sim developer can afford not to support it I think.
    But today its really better to spend the time on other things.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Virtual headsets I have seen advertised, campaigned and hyped several times during the last 20 years or so. The present time is the first time ever I believe that it indeed is the future.

Please note: I say the >>future.<<

I think not before late or end next year it starts to become really interesting.

7. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Agree,
    I can remember the failing attempts to bring VR to consumer in the past well too, but with the display technology we have today and their relative low costs (due to the mobile market) it is very likely to be an success. At least comparing the the attempts before. *crossing fingers for nice and beautiful (technically) hardware*

8. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the reply so far guys but it isn't really answering my question.
    The Rift has been (partially) supported by almost every update of AC so far, but they also advertised support on Steam.
    This support has now been stopped for the current runtime (0.7) and I fully understand the reasons behind it.
    I was hoping someone may know that now the have removed the rift supported tag off steam will they remove the coding for the Rift still using 0.6.1 and W8.1 in future releases of AC or will they leave the support they already have in the game?
    I guess only Kunos can answer this.

9. nonnex

nonnex Alien

10. We'll not remove the code but we won't actively check that it's still working either.. so if some changes are made to the graphics engine and these break VR we won't really go and fix it.

William Sebastian, Epocx and Thug like this.
  11. Turk

Turk Alien

I hope that policy is going to change once the rift actually comes out.

12. AdamS4

AdamS4 Gamer

Me too because i'm on the fence at the moment about switching to triple screens from my Rift.

13. nonnex

nonnex Alien

We cant have enough cool hardware, if affordable why not having both?... good idea... this is what I have planed too :)
    But I'll wait for the final VR versions before buy, till then triple to go.

14. Turk

Turk Alien

I've completely abandoned the idea of triple screens. A VR headset makes much more sense for my needs. It's just a matter of which one I get at this stage.

15. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yes I'm hoping VR will be cheaper, more convenient and more immersive than triples.

For at least driving and flight sims surely VR must be the future now.

16. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Yeah I love DCS and have the same viewon this.... lets wait till the fight of VR-Devlopers (which is good for the market) lay down some dust and the first versions incl. child sicknesses are passed and then decside. Thats rational.

17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Flight sim dev's are really struggling currently, I'm hoping VR will produce a massive boost for flight and driving sims.

Fingers crossed :cool:

18. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Yeah there are always ups and downs...
    Who has ever thought that car racing sims - after one or more decades - will have such a revival?
    Ok, its a combination of movies, the move of entertainment in general, real racing popularity, some unresearched Mojo and other unpredictable factors and so on....
    Talking about unpredicable, but its still following a continuous wave of up and downs like stocks can be analysed but are not predictable in their future envelope.
    Also with Flightsims, the great phase (Falcon, BOB, SWOTL, IL at last plus other great titles) is past, but the genre will have a come back one day, thats for sure. Its just a matter of time and a good chance for a game studio to predict and see the tendence on the right time.
    Well, DCS is a title where a lot of hardcore fans has found a home and the marketing goes mouth to mouth, DCS is how ever an exception in hardcore flight simulation - like Falcon was in his days -. Who likes such concept, should try it definitely. But be aware, its very hard, but in reward you'll get lot of buttons to press and flight prepare procedures to follow to get even one meter above the ground, haha. Its nothing for slices bread gamers. Be warned Pal!
    How ever, the game business - to my poor knowledge ;) - is sharing the same amplitude in chaotic customer favor as all entertainment heavy industries does, thats a natural law.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    Mogster likes this.
  19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I've spent many hours in Racing and Flight Sims using VR and it's fantastic despite the relative low resolution and SDE, both of which will be less of an issue with the consumer version. The only way you can come close to that experience would be with 3D triples, black surround and head-tracking, maybe. Even then, I don't think it would be as immersive as VR and your movement would still be quite limited. Being able to look behind you in the game is a pretty mind-blowing experience.

As much as the low resolution hurts visual quality in racing, it's much more of a problem with flight - both for long distance viewing and reading instruments. Aside from that, VR is quite amazing with Flight-sims and I'm sure it will benefit the genre's popularity. Once you experience VR, it's natural to want to explore various types of games, movies and VR demos. It'll take a couple of generations or more to get a superb visual experience in Flight-sims but, it's already good enough for Racing once involved in the game.

HackMac, WallyM and Dennis Neo like this.
  20. nonnex

nonnex Alien

No question, VR seems to be the evolution for making information visible - in all areas, not just gaming -. It has been time because looking at the exponential groww of calculation power (CPU) the only things that havent envolved exponentially are input and visuals.
    PS: And by the way, the science is seriously researching/exploring the phenomena of VR Sickness.

21. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Games and simulations depending on a lot of button-clicking, will struggle with virtual headsets, some things already are faster to handle via keyboard than with mousepointer clicking on virtual keyboards. There is a natural barrier to the ammo9unt by which virtual headsets can dominate the gaming market in general - at least as long as you do not simplify the inherent complexity of such inherently complex simulations, which would turn them into more a game and less a study/hardcore/training sim.

If I understand the underlying mood in Stefano's remark above right, it is not ruled out for all time to come that once Occulus is officially out and sees itself established on the market, Kunos may consider to give it some attention again. They want to avoid to waste efforts now while the Occulus thing still is changing and needs notorious adaptation of the software, me thinks. Which is not different from not officially supporting W10 for as long as W10 had not been released.

My subjective interpretation.

And this on my mind. Some few years ago, 3D movies and TVs got hyped beyond mental sanity. See what has come of it. New movie releases in 3D have become very rare again, 3D blurays are rare as well, and 3D glasses for a new TV model no longer are an advertising argument. In the end, nothing beats the lacking complexity and easy handling of just a TV, a DVD or bluray player, and a single disc. And that is what people want: simple handling and quick consummation.