1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Oculus rift and 1.3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Thug, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Don't know about 'with', but I am sure it will at some stage when they have the resources to program for it.

2. dorenso

dorenso Rookie

Bad news for me.. I updated to win10 and i have a dk2... no vr for me now :(

3. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Yesterday I read a tech magazine article that said that after an initial jumpstart, MS has bounced back to reality with W10, and the updating and OS changing speed and willingness of people has come to a slow creep, almost a standstill. Currently it does not win any new market shares against other Windows versions anymore, they wrote.

I too wonder why people are so eager to jump onto W10. It makes no sense at all. A data kraken, an impertinent, penetrating updating policy by MS, massive technical problems - drops in frame rates - for the majority of people apparently, a quite substantial pushing by MS to use cloud storage, and so on. As I read the list, this thing only has disadvantages for me. So why bothering with it already now? W7 still has some years of security updates. That is years I avoid to be a testing subject in their lab, and that are years that can be used to get rid of its massive tech problems. And that are years the public can learn better about how to also switch off the many data extraction channels that you cannot switch off in the menus so easily.

Boycot W10 for the time being, and you're done. ;)

Nick Moxley, TDS and ears1991 like this.
  4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

. . . or if you are going to try Windows10, make a copy of your Win7/Win8 system and boot to the one you want to use. This is especially useful for Oculus users with game support being so splintered at this point.
    • Make a copy of current OS drive
    • Upgrade one to Windows 10 and activate
    • Wipe Windows 10 drive and perform fresh Win10 install and add programs
    • Use boot menu at startup to boot to Win 7/8 with old OVR runtime or Win10 with new OVR runtime

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  5. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

How do I do this?
    I have just bought a new SSD and was hoping to duel boot.
    If I disconnect my W8.1 drive, then connect my new drive and put w8.1 on it and upgrade to w10, how do I then format this drive and put w10 back on it?
    Is it simply a case of putting my w8 disc in and let the installation do the rest or do I have to download w10 first and put it on a bootable? If so, where do I get it? I thought I already downloaded the ISO (is that the correct thing) and put it on a disc, but the PC doesn't recognise it when I try to boot from it.

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I copied my existing Win7 install onto a new SSD using clone software, booted to the new drive drive using the boot option menu, then ran the Windows10 upgrade from there. You need to be sure that the upgrade is activated before performing a clean install of Windows10. There are other ways to do it but, Windows10 won't allow a clean install without activation unless you purchase a new copy - hence the upgrade path.

7. I upgraded mine from Win7 to Win10 about 2 days ago. Spent the entire ****ing weekend trying to fix the damned Nvidia drivers, and some other minor craps. If anyone´s going to upgrade to Win10, make sure to uninstall Virtu MVP and Autodesk Inventor before upgrading.

8. Dewbs

Dewbs Gamer

My only reason for not upgrading to Windows 10 on my desktop is purely to retain 0.6 SDK for my Rift to run Assetto Corsa. The fact no development has been done means I cannot use 0.7SDK required for Win10 as it removes the 'extended mode' which was only added in the first place as a stop-gap but unfortunately required for AC's VR "support".
    The moment Rift compatibility is broken (the reason I bought the game was VR "support") is the moment I forget AC and stop buying DLC, which will be a sad day indeed.
    I have previously commented on Stefano's statement that (to paraphrase) once you agree to support something you should carry on supporting it, and hopefully the recent (vague) comment via Facebook on updated SDK support is being worked on.
    I would just like a little more clarity on what should or should not be expected:
    0.7 support?
    1.0+ support?
    I realise this may seem 'entitled' but I feel the VR users have been left out in the cold for a while after the 'sexy' "VR support is here" days.

9. Hippy

Hippy Racer

This quote is from the other thread

10. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I did actually try to clone it, but it said my dive C has an error on it (bad sector I believe) and it wouldn't clone due to this.
    I will have to wait until AC supports the Rift using SDK7+ before upgrade.

11. FreakGT

FreakGT Gamer

IDK what you all talking about, you can do VR whatever system + game you have & yeah I know how it works, because I tested it. :p

12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Stefano said quite clearly not long time ago that for the forseeable future there will be no further support for and work done on VR in AC. It is assumed - or hoped... - this means no work on it at least until the final consumer version has been released. He also indicated that he hated coding it, that it was a pain to do.

If I were you, I would not hold my breath. The wait probably will be much longer than your air supply.

13. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

[​IMG]
    maybe they found someone else willing to work on the implementation

14. Skybird

Skybird Alien

^ From what date is that? My source was I think Stefano's last dev stream, 06. If he made up his mind, the better for those who already use VR.

15. troy

troy Racer

ears1991 likes this.
  16. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Jap, was one of the first questions after the DLC post. And then came this answer.

17. Turk

Turk Alien

We will have to wait for the rift to actually come out before we will know anything one way or the other.

I wouldn't really expect the developer kits to be supported much after the consumer rift comes out. If you're waiting for them to make software for an already redundant piece of developer tech then I think you'll be waiting a long time.

ears1991 likes this.
  18. Hippy

Hippy Racer

This thread, like a lot of oculus threads, is full of inaccurate or misleading information.
    You only have to read 2 posts above to know that what you're saying is not true.

Redundant tech? Developer kit?
    This thread is frustrating to the last. . . what don't people understand about developer kit? The idea behind the kit is so that developers like Kunos, can develop their software for use on the final version.

Simple

Support DK2 now, have support for the full version on the day it is released.
    Nobody is expecting Kunos to support the dk2. . . . we want them to continue their support so that we can use the consumer version on the day it arrives.

Continually stating that Oculus are moving the goalposts or changing the SDK every time just shows a lack of understanding on what they are trying to achieve.
    If Kunos weren't going to follow through to the final release, there was no point in them starting at all

The amount of misinformation in this thread is laughable

19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

It's possible that the DK2 will continue to work after CV1's release; why not? Most people that try one will want to buy a better version anyway so they can essentially function as demo units.
    Sure, there are likely to be some issues or limitations but, purposely turning them into bookends makes no sense IMO.

20. Turk

Turk Alien

It may very well work just fine after CV1 I just wouldn't be surprised if support for it got dropped relatively quickly. I haven't been following rift development much since the DK2, maybe the rift software is intended to be a universal piece of software that will work with any headset, if so there shouldn't be a problem.

But the DK rifts were off the shelf prototypes in many respects. The CV will be using all kinds of especially designed hardware with known tolerances and specific specifications. They may want to tighten up the software so it's tuned to their hardware and doesn't have to take the variability of the off the shelf hardware into account. A common complaint I've heard in relation to software (especially PC software) is that the software would be much easier to make if it didn't have to take into account all the different hardware options. This is what makes me think Oculus may want to cut overheads by making the software specific to the known hardware they will have in the CV version of the rift.

Of course the other incentive to drop support for the DK models is that it would force everybody to buy a CV unit.

It's all a bit up in the air and will be until the end of next year when VR is in peoples homes. I don't see why Kunos should waste time and money at this stage. I will be buying a VR headset ASAP, my main reason for buying it will be to play AC. I want VR to be implemented into AC ASAP. But realistically I accept it may take some time after the release of the CV before we get fully functioning VR in AC. To be honest I think we'll get some form of VR support fairly quickly, maybe even before the CV is actually released.