1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Probably because its pretty new and people are scared of it, pretty much like people that refuse to update to Windows 10 because its new and scary. :)

PoisonHeadcrab and gisen like this.
  2. There is no hatred towards VR from me.

3. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I decided to take a week long vacation in the US instead, it cost less and I got to be frisked by some nice TSA agents :p If the Rift itself had been less than the plane tickets and a new gpu was less than hotel, sure I coulda gone for it...

4. Probably because moeny, because you need strong rig, because a lot of people cant play with i.e. Oculus for longer period of time because they got dizzy and probably because they think brake temperatures are more suitable (higher priority) upgrade to racing simulator..

Even if i had the money, i would rather invest in tripple screen solution..

I think it's just hype with this VR and most of those that call for it will never buy/use it..

That's what i think

5. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

I went for brakes temps as TBH it's serious sim and having, well... invincible brakes for so long isn't much real-life ;p

But if I may suggest something myself (maybe will put a separate thread in other place) - having possibility to manually (via keyboard shortcut) change manual/paddels gear selector would be nice. Because for those of us who have only 6-speed manuals (G25, G27 mainly but also new G29 with additional gear-selectors) having Corvette with 7 manual gears is a problem. And there could be mods with 7 speed gearbox (as some famous german VW Beetle remakers are using 7-speeds manuals) as well.
    Changing from manual to paddles (with appropriate penalty for not using manual) would give us chance to use all 7 gears.

6. totally wrong thread for an otherwise good suggestion.. the chance it'll be lost in the noise approaches 100%.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Is it really needed with 7th gear? I didnt drive it that much but I never had to use the 7th gear. Maybe on the long straight @ Nordschleife?

8. I can live with sticking to six gears :p

9. even there it just makes you slower :D

kofotsjanne likes this.
  10. 7th gear in the Corvette (or any other manual car that uses a 7th gear) is meant for hardcore highway fuel saving (think idle at 100-120, basically).

You DON'T need it. At all. Ever. Even 6th you'll basically never use.

Seria17hri11er, Nismo, V8_KB and 4 others like this.
  11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I don't think people here really hate VR, more like they are not excited by idea of VR being prioritized over features which if implemented will improve their (nonVR players) experience too..

Jebus, gandlers and Guido Trampe like this.
  12. Leoshev

Leoshev Rookie

FALSE START PLEASE!

13. kazereal

kazereal Racer

Many people don't see VR as #1 priority, because only some portion of people can benefit from it (money, hardware, vision limitations..)

Windows 10 seems intrusive, restrictive on user (there's no way to disable some features, remove some software and so on) and rather buggy at this point.

Either one can improve but the question is what is priority at this point.

PutoPepe likes this.
  14. PutoPepe

PutoPepe Rookie

Oculus is the future and we need it for now, more simulation aspects...errr soon...

15. Fanzelda

Fanzelda Rookie

False starts is a must for me, so I vote this for the next improvement

16. Horst1

Horst1 Simracer

I voted championships when this thread started. Now that I followed this thread for a while I am completely hyped for VR. Once we got Kunos confirmation that VR will be supported (preferably Vive I think) I will go for it and buy one.
    But honestly I dont think that this will be my primary thing to play games on because I dont like the thought of being completely decoupled from the real world when gaming. Not being able to see and hear whats going on in my flat is scary so I will propably resort to my screen most of the time.

Props to the community for being very civilized and friendly over 40 pages in this thread! Looks like people ARE able to understand a dev after all, at least when he communicating that directly with the 'customers' (I hate that word, dont consider myself a customer but a user).

gisen likes this.
  17. Eximo

Eximo Simracer

Voted False starts - being able to control the start of the race, have the car in first gear and releasing the clutch will add a fair bit of realism. Also would make me head back to that drag strip :). Would also be cool to simulate launch control starts from cars that support it

18. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

Don`t have VR, have no plan to get one but voted for it just because I read whole sentence, not only second part of it.

Having new, promising (by the noise here and HTC move to build one besides OR, I guess it is) technology/gadget supported is way to go but ... if game is not in just "polishing" state, than I would go for missing features from first "to do list" created before the work on actual game started.

Stefano, do we have game in "polishing" and adding new features state, or still missing few bits?

19. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Although I did not vote for it and I dont own or ordert a VR set, I do think it should have priority for the Kunos company. If this feature would boost sales, then in return the company is able to invest in yet more great tracks and car brands. Next to that I see to more advantages:
    1. If Kunos starts exploring the VR technic now, it will have an advantage over compagnies that dont. Therefor given the chanche to earn extra credits form the VR companies in helping with issues or special requests;
    2. If AC is one of the early adapters to get it right, this will attract extra customers, possibly even customers that otherwise would not have found AC. More customers means more occupied online servers (hopefully not just GT3 :))!
    3. If Kunos starts exploring now. In time that the mayority of us have the means to buy VR. Chances are that it will be a totaly solid sollution. And because AC was one of the first sims. We can read all about it and choose wisely between sollution 1, 2 ,3 etc.

So in my point of vieuw: Going VR is Good

My choise was the possibility to be able to select a skin in pickup race. I am a grafix junckie (my simmates make fun of this almost every week :)) so the idea of being able to choose the best looking car (Martini or Gulf skin please) gives me goosebumps. I would even accept the RF solution with the white cardbox cars for it.

gisen likes this.
  20. lanzzaSG

lanzzaSG Rookie

why that question? i think that some one compare with VR should be included in simulator, false starts... reality clutch, pit stop, good online.. i vote altought i hope you development all in time.
    But if you question if development VR or good easy freetrack, and transducer software, maybe we dont need 1000 $ for enjoy your update..