1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

I feel you, this wall against wall is frustrating. Gave up on this thread for the same reason some time ago

kofotsjanne likes this.
  2. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

If the hmds would cost 3000 dollars I'd agree it is something only for the wealthy. But this cost less than most new tvs, about the same as a new phone, same or less as a csw with a rim, less than most peoples current rigs, less than a triple screen setup. This is just silly.

Robyn and sonicshadows like this.
  3. aliasgreg

aliasgreg Gamer

Otherwise ... what about a VR DLC ?
    I would pay for this ...
    Not sure it makes sense :)

4. sonicshadows

sonicshadows Gamer

I would happily pay for a vr dlc especially considering oculus refunded me $200 for shipping, but I can see many people not wanting to pay for vr as was seen in the thread about it.

5. Stefano, definitively, AC miss an important feature, where is the deathmatch server option for multiplayer ?

6. Caylayron

Caylayron Rookie

This is not the business model Kunos has applied so far and I hope they won't.
    It's not a matter of price, especially compared to the device one, it's a matter of philosophy.
    We already have iracing and r3e which are trying to squeeze any money they can out of us, I wouldn't like AC to be the same.

7. hopefully once the VR support is out the VR Mob will proceed to acquire all the other DLCsssss :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  8. Nismo

Nismo Rookie

You say that as though all of the other features would take no time to implement. If that was true, they would have already been featured. All of these things will likely be difficult and time-consuming to implement, otherwise, this poll would probably not exist.

9. Robes

Robes Gamer

The allegation that all the VR votes are fake is bizarre! People are buying VR headsets and want to use them, that's why they are voting for VR. I can't think of a more exciting addition to a simulator than the feeling of actually being inside a car, of being able to look into the apex, having a sense of the space around you and knowing when a rival is driving alongside you. It would be an incredible addition to AC.

10. Caylayron

Caylayron Rookie

I already have all DLCs and don't plan to invest in the Japanese cars because they don't appeal me :)
    But you could also think about a Multiplayer DLC dedicated to leagues as not everybody is intersted in MP, same for championship and AI for the SP.
    Please tell your marketing colleagues you've found a way to make a lot of money out of your work : you stop making AC evolve for free and make it as DLCs for each new feature :rolleyes:

Well, I think that nowadays your pricing/sale model is also what makes AC different from other sims.
    I can only assume that VR support would get a sim more players with a license and then a bigger base to whom sale DLCs.

11. Robyn

Robyn Gamer

So just to talk about something else for a second (and I'm sure equally divisive) what do the majority have against some sort of championship mode?

I think it would be a really nice feature to have especially for the console. But then again I haven't been a console user for over a decade so I'm not sure if they will mostly race online? In which case it might be a waste.

Is there an integrated league system online? Like you sign up, go through qualifying, race, win points, next week qualifying on next circuit and so on. Where leader boards are held within game UI?

I don't know how much of the coding infrastructure is there but it would be a really nice addition to have online and offline careers using the same UI. And either side of the online/offline divide might enjoy that.

Just thinking out loud here.

Edit: wow Caylayron you snuck it at exactly the same time with that.

12. quakeguy

quakeguy Hardcore Simmer

I'm generally open to VR. It might be an alternative in ~1-2 years, once the dust settles. And its always good to know that a (still-obscure and expensive) peripheral will work with the game/sim you actually do play, rather than having to expect that "your investment" is going to turn into a PS Vita that you can strap in front of your head eventually.
    (All that being said: I really do think the "VR mob" term is well deserved. The viral marketing going on in this thread, feeding us the same key notes over and over and over again, is unnerving. It's like having to watch that Microsoft xbox announcement in a loop all day. TVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVYusuf go home!)

VR is going to "win" this poll (if it didn't already). The bottom line is this: If this brings in additional revenue for AC/Kunos, and if this means AC can progress the way it did or can do even better... well, in that case I'm the last one to complain about all that. How big that market potential really is, is for Kunos to evaluate and might require some good research. In other words: I highly doubt they will base their decision solely on the outcome of this poll. So, better just relax and see what happens.

ledinguelevrai and kofotsjanne like this.
  13. I think you will find it very hard to find anybody that is "against" any of the features in the poll. They're all good.. and that what it makes hard to choose :)

14. Robyn

Robyn Gamer

I thought that too until I read this thread :p there are a few but thankfully they are the exception. You can never please everyone so don't even try!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  15. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

stracker by neys is very good at tracking championships. You set the race up on a dedicated server as you usually would, have the race then go into the nice stracker web interface and mark it as a championship race, and stracker will add points (configurable) and show championship tables that everyone can see.

I'm not saying this is better or worse than what could be integrated into game, just that it's there.

It does a lot more than that too, with Minorating is a must have on an AC server for me.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/stracker.3510/

16. Gunja

Gunja Alien

in my case [​IMG]

17. Michael Tuni

Michael Tuni Rookie

Would love to see the ability to load a saved ghost file of other cars so you could race against yourself in a different car on the same track. Hope that makes sense.

18. Markst3r

Markst3r Rookie

I'd say provide more customisability for the controller and keyboard like the ability to put a clutch on a button or a key on the keyboard. Another thing is look at the drifting mechanics because if you stop the car or even scrape the wall, the drift is cancelled. Also another cool feature would be a new camera mode which isn't stuck on just the back of the car but can move slightly left and right (much like most third person games do).

19. ENiKS

ENiKS Rookie

Voted for VR support. Please support both Rift and Vive! :)

nargorn likes this.
  20. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Yea obvious move from NV in this case. GTX780 was within the release faster than a R9 290. Now your GTX 780 fights more with a R9 280 than with R9 290^^ Just due bad driver support from NV to push the worse GTX970.
    and R9 290 can handle VR within official infos.