1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piccolit

piccolit Rookie

Why don't you just disable comments? That way the poll turn into a poll and not a wishlist...

2. Robyn

Robyn Gamer

Can I wish for reading comprehension?

To be fair it's a very long thread and you can't expect people to read every post. These peeps coming in late might have missed the warning. If it was in the OP it might get spotted.

3. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

At this wonderful time with HTC VIVE and Oculus Rift definitely VR Support!

Edit: Playing in VR makes much more fun :) i want this Experience from Project Cars (http://plays.tv/s/KkJbdDtYwlu4) also here in Assetto Corsa.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  4. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

The link that everyone here has in regards to AC is that we ALL enjoy driving (racing games).

Not all of us like pitstops, not all like competing against others, not all like brake fade, not all like false start penalties, not all like weather or night time racing, not all like championships, but we ALL like to drive a car around a track whilst sat in our computer rooms.
    This is why having VR can be a little unfair to those who want these things, because VR can meet everyones demand (no matter which other option you want to see) because at the end of the day it is aiding what we ALL want to do (simply drive a car).
    VR will still make the driving experience better for all including the lone 'time attacker', the Sunday driver who does it for fun or the hardcore sim racer, where ALL of the other choices are a little more niche.

I chose VR because to me it is more important than having a 'monitor' as one of the choices.

It will create more money for the developers because even those with little interest in racing games may buy it due to the lack of choice out there for (released) VR games.
    I know I have already bought a few things I have no interest in just to experience VR, and I am sure others will do the same.
    More money has got to benefit all the players of AC and not just those interested in VR because the extra cash can go towards the time needed to implement the other choices in the poll.

As for it being expensive, then it doesn't have to be. You don't NEED a CV1 at £500, you can buy a DK2 for a couple of hundred, which is the price of a lower range monitor, a months or 2 supply of cigarettes/alcohol, 2 or 3 nights out, a decent gaming chair or steering wheel setup. It can also be ran on a fairly modest set up too.

surtic86 likes this.
  5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I really don't know why Lord Kunos and others have such a huge problem with "wishlists". On the one hand this thread is in the Chit-chat-section of the forum (so only offensive posters should be banned IMHO) and on the other hand all the posts in this thread have zero consequence for the poll-result (no matter what people write, only their single choice in the poll counts)...
    I hope I won't get banned just because I used the word "wishlist" in my post (2 times!) :p

Boris Lozac, phizz and surtic86 like this.
  6. VeRDe

VeRDe Racer

My wishes are not listed here. I wish more realistic damage both mechanical and aesthetical, redesigned single player mode, more realistic braking especially on road cars.

7. i think rain and day/night is importent for a simulator

8. FX8120

FX8120 Racer

9. ok you win.. I will just ignore this thread from now on.

10. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Nice going guys. I wouldnt blame anyone for not reading my posts, but did you really miss all previous appeals from OP?
    [​IMG]

11. 3lfk1ng

3lfk1ng Gamer

I think all of them are crucial to making AC the simulator of choice but as far as immersion goes, VR takes the cake by putting you directly in the seat of your favorite cars.

12. gbriden

gbriden Rookie

Wow so many people are just looking for EYE candy well if you don't have a solid foundation in the end it all just goes to Crap.

Not being able to control steering and brake pressures is so integral in ANY good setup.

Everyone has hopped on this crazy VR bandwagon but let's be honest how many are really going to drop $600 to actually get it Hmmmmmm.

G

13. aliasgreg

aliasgreg Gamer

Already a bit more than 300 000 guys in fact (including DK). And still growing. Hmmmmmm.

surtic86 likes this.
  14. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

If you think that VR is just eye candy then you are gravely mistaken.
    In fact most people have to reduce the graphics setting to get it to run smoothly, not only that but the resolution isn't even that great in VR either.
    VR goes WAYYYYY beyond eye candy....
    It is PUTTING YOU IN THE SEAT of the car. It is blocking out ALL outside distractions and concentrating your focus DIRECTLY in to the game itself. It is the NEXT BEST THING to actually BEING THERE.

I defy anyone to try VR in a race and not come out with sweaty palms, not have that feeling of panic and pressure when someone is trying to cut you up on the inside and you cant help but glancing over your (actual) shoulder to see where they are, to not move your head up/down/left/right to get a better view in your mirrors (despite it not really helping because the image position is fixed, but you just cant help doing it), not to keep lifting your head in order to see your front wheel so you can clip the apex that little bit tighter, not to wince and tense up when you get the corner wrong and slam into the Armco barrier.

VR is NOT eye candy what so ever, its FAR more.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  15. 3lfk1ng

3lfk1ng Gamer

16 million VR units are expected to sell this year alone.

Also, for many of us dedicated simracers -
    $1000 simrig setup w/ racing wheel, pedals, shifter.
    $1000 in three surround monitors w/ stand.
    $3000 computer to get ~120FPS at 5970x1080+ resolution.

When you really think about it, $800 for a VR headset is just a drop in the bucket.

surtic86, Nismo, Guido Trampe and 2 others like this.
  16. Atyne

Atyne Rookie

number one wanted feature for me is better transmission model, i mean dual clutch simulation, realistic timing and rev matching, transmission flex etc, but i understand it's not that easy, i voted for engine stalling, that's also very notable, gl kunos, great work

17. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

The immersion of VR is one thing, but a more practical benefit of VR is the spacial awareness you get with 3D. I've played around with 3D on my Triples and your ability to hit apexes and pass cars inches away from their bumper increases ten fold. It's provides HUGE improvement to your driving ability because it's another sense you have in real life that you don't get looking at a flat image. I voted for VR and am excitedly waiting for my Oculus Rift to arrive.

18. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Exactly THIS is the difference between EA and Kunos. And why one produces one NBA2021 or Need for Speed after another, while the other one forges something like AC.
    If you want Tommy to buy your game, you don't bring a simulator. You - as you said - try to throw some candy and accesibility.
    Kunos creates the simulator THEY like, and watch who else joins. Ok, probably this is how they started out and maybe the success and size of the team and stuff is too big to remain pure.

=> Please don't ask Kunos to be more like that. If anything, they should fall back even more to "their" game. If it wouldn't work out for us as well, we wouldn't care to sit here in this forum and write 50+ pages in 2 days on a simple topic.

First: Because wishlists usually show a lot of disrespect for everything that has been achieved. It basically tells the devs: It's complety irrelevant what you work for, and how much you deliver. Deploy it, we'll say "oh nice, but now we need...". I can imagine it's getting harder and harder to maintain motivation after years of doing so.

Second: Stefano sorted some possible improvements (also considering a lot of stuff we can't know) and was curious how "the community" would rank them and what their thoughts and arguments are, so he can eventually prioritize or even discard things. Imho this went really well with unexpected knowledge gain about driver's preferences.

The only thing he asked for is to focus on his preselection. If you ask a army of thousands which their personal preferences are, you end up with hundreds - often unrealistic* - things that can't really be sorted. What should he do with that?
    The heated discussions also prove that the options weren't that far off.

The options were
    - participate and bring your thoughts on topic (yes, also chit chat means that you may have different topics, but inside a thread a post should be relevant to the OP)
    - bring other stuff which will lead to temp bans
    - ask for night and rain so we'll end up with Stefano ignoring the thread (maybe including 3785 votes and 50 eh 20 pages of sensible opinions and thoughts)

*and in my opinion often plainly stupid stuff. Still angry about the "community driven" forced-F11 or race-in-progress-you-cannot-join "features"

----------
    But: @Lord Kunos I know you are sick of trying and failing, but please remember that way more people contributed constructively than whishes were made.
    Hell, we don't even have a "my 1.6 whishlist thread", and 1.5 is several days old!

19. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

Please don't vote VR, still to do a lot of important things to improve the simulation.

20. Arcadia97

Arcadia97 Rookie

Track day mode? Like in track days you'll get traffic but you don't race each other.