1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Benchmark results, food for thought

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lino Carreira, Oct 22, 2015.

1. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Well in order to achieve 60fps while gameplay, I need to put reflections to static.
    Then the only visual upgrade , compared to 660GTX is that I can put shadows to ultra instead of high ( look at my signature ).

With 660GTX and settings in my signature, I had solid 60fps (vsync on) with gpu usage only 70-80%.
    470 with same settings I can only add ultra shadows. Then it can achieve 60fps ( with unknown usage since crimson shows some weird things like 100-0-100-0...).
    If I put reflections at low I have periodic stutters.
    If I try AAX8 in ini, I have periodic stutters.
    If I put motion blur , I have periodic stutters.

So I paid 130€ ( selling 660 and buying used 470) and I got shadows at ultra , which to be honest gives minimum visual benefit since shadows remain ugly...

Not impressed at all...

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Have you tried different drivers? That might help with the stuttering. 470 are supposed to perform pretty well
    http://kotaku.com/amd-radeon-rx-470-review-almost-the-next-best-thing-1784946075
    Pretty much as a stock 970

edit: Did you do a clean install of Windows when you changed card? Issues can occur when changing to a different brand and sometimes it isnt enough to just uninstall/install drivers.

3. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Clean install for a simple gpu chance? C'mon.
    I used driver sweeper.
    Most recent drivers.

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I know first hand that this can solve issues when changing gpu's. But you do as you please.

5. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Gpu works fine. All benchmarks are like all 470's around the world.

It just that there are not ( at least in my case ) major benefits from the transition from 660 to 470.

6. AC VERSION: 1.9.3 (x64)
    FPS: AVG=119 MIN=5 MAX=140 VARIANCE=0 CPU=48%

LOADING TIME: 22s
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (3620x1527)
    OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
    CPU CORES: 8
    FULLSCREEN: ON
    AA:4X AF:4X SHDW:2048 BLUR:0
    WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:3
    PP: QLT:5 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:5 DOF:5 RAYS:1 HEAT:0

7. haxxx

haxxx Simracer

There is clearly something wrong on your installation, especially this 100,0,100,0 sounds weird. I'd suggest using DDU and download manually the latest amd driver from amd web site then remove current drivers, open DDU and choose "reboot in safe mode" from the tool ,remove drivers and reboot again. If you are using windows 10, be sure that you have auto updates for drivers off or it will auto install an old version of drivers. Once you have installed your new drivers, open the amd crimson utility and check a voice called "energy efficiency" if present and be sure it is turned off. Rx 470 is much more powerful than a 660 , and your results are strange for that card. check also if you are running full screen in game and if you have high performance set instead of balanced on Windows power plan.

liakjim likes this.
  8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

9. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

10. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

Other than Energy setttings on the Crimson drivers slowing your clocks, GameDVR can cause its share problems when set to record the last 30 seconds of gameplay. It's not really needed to uninstall the app via powershell to remove that feature. Just log in and disable recording in the options. Else, a registry fix will also do to disable both GameDVR and GameBar (that thing that pops up with win+g or when entering a game):

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Created by: Shawn Brink
    ; Created on: May 23rd 2016
    ; Tutorial: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/51180-game-dvr-game-bar-enable-disable-windows-10-a.html

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR]
    "AllowgameDVR"=dword:00000000

Blamer likes this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Blamer likes this.
  12. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Thanks. I never logged in nor opened it (the Xbox app), so I don't even have the registry voice.

13. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

Even if you've never opened it or logged in, it remains in standby, requiring you to log in and disable it. Having no such registry entry is the same as having it at "1".
    If you press win+g and it pops, then it's there, and while AC is running you can check if the "Broadcast DVR server" also starts running in the background. I usually add the previous reg fix on W10 systems to disable that stuff.

14. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Maybe I had already done something about it in the past and I don't remember. CTRL+G doesn't trigger anything and I don't have the "Broadcast DVR server" service.
    Thanks anyway, usefull for future OS installs

15. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

Btw, it's win+G not ctrl+G. If you see no Broadcast DVR server coming alive when acs.exe runs, then you're safe about it.

16. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

Did you set the AA and AF in the AMD control panel to let the game manage or try AMD override the AA and AF in game settings?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

17. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Yes, sorry, I meant Win+G

18. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I think I did use the override function , although I believe I reset it. Got to recheck.

TBH I used only nvidia cards like forever so this crimson think is strange and confusing for me.

colombianomd likes this.
  19. haxxx

haxxx Simracer

Don't override anti aliasing and anisotropic filter from the crimson app or anything else. Leave it to default and use the game's graphic settings. Tested from myself and using Aa can cause serious fps drops.

LeDude83, liakjim and colombianomd like this.