1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.10 and PP2 Impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Nov 22, 2016.

1. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I'm not very knowledgeable with cars, but could someone tell me in what scenario I would want to lower the brake pressure??

Bas B likes this.
  2. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

Thumbs up for this 2nd Porsche Pack!! The 962 is my favorite! great sounds!

Alexandr66 and Dookie like this.
  3. It is mostly for pad and non load cell brake users; lowering the brake pressure extends the threshold before locking up. It isn't realistic (on all but a handful of racecars) but is included in pretty much every racing game/sim as an assist for the toy pedals we have to use.

Horus, Cote Dazur, Schnipp and 2 others like this.
  4. Vel

Vel Simracer

"- Gamepad can now use legacy code for vibrations and speed sensitivity by setting USE_LEGACY_CODE=1 in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini "

Love it. At this point i can't get enough of AC and all of the new PP1 & PP2 content. I can feel the road, the engine and in conjunction with its audio/gfx ... the immersion is perfect. Absolutely, truly visceral. Extremely crude language and turns of phrase could be used to imply just how good it feels to drive the cars in AC! :)

5. I think this is now my favorite flappy paddle shift car.....wow!
    [​IMG]

6. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

7. Scenario

You are really struggling to modulate the brakes. You are locking them up a lot.

ALB123 likes this.
  8. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

I never race with TC but surprisingly that GT1 can be pretty oversteer prone, at least on stock settings, I lost the rear in the twisty section of RBR at the top of 3rd gear exiting the corner, so even though its "only" 600bhp its still plenty for the car. Sound is incredible, I've got volume on max and obviously its not 100% the exact same as that video but its very close, especially the turbo sound and beautiful blow off valve. Now all we need is my favorite CLK GTR (the V12, not the p*ssy V8 car) to complete the picture, and maybe the Mclaren car too from that era.

The 718 Spyder RS is slow, but not overly so! Its so light (were talking 580kg light) it easily makes up for its power deficit, and it sounds great too! I feel like, if the 718's weren't turbo'd they would sound really similar. I expected to really dislike this car because I don't like slow things but it was a nice surprise. Corners quite nicely too.

718 Boxter is very quick. I'm just gonna do a quick one lap each kind of thing so I'm not gonna compare the sound of the Cayman and Boxer atm, but it sounds really good, sounds authentic. Its relaxed yet powerful, because of power delivery it doesn't feel like its going that fast but it is. I didn't bother with the manual version I went right for the PDK.

GT3 RS, I can already tell its going to be my favorite car of the entire pack. Holy fk it sounds incredible. Downshifting, the sound cuts out a bit, I'd like to hear more of the raspy drone of the flat 6 when downshifting but it sounds basically just like that evo video going up through the gears. I like driving street cars more than race cars so this is without a doubt my favorite car here. I like it more than the 918 just based on sound alone, but its also great to drive. Great control, the engine is powerful but not overly so, so its easy to be consistent and not screw up a lap in the same way you can with the 488 on corner exit. I don't think its as fast as the 488 but it is down 160bhp and hundreds of nm so, i didn't expect it to be, but so much better to drive. Also, color Ultraviolet. Yummy.

The Cayman GT4, well, I think it sounds cool in real life, when it has an IPE or Armytrix exhaust to help make up for the fact it only revs to what, 7500-7600rpm? In game, it would be amazing, if the GT3 RS weren't there. Having just driven the GT3 RS, its not even a comparison. Maybe if you were a real stickler for the manual transmission in REAL life, you might make the argument the GT4 is better. But in the game? The GT3 RS takes the GT4 and wipes its a** with it. Its worse in every way that matters when it comes to a video game car.

First impressions of the Cayenne Turbo S, well, its not the Maserati Levante! Its certainly much faster, but it really does feel like an SUV, its big and tall, and you sit pretty high in the cockpit view. Unlike the Panamera which just bleeds off speed like you wouldn't believe, you gotta brake exactly like this is a big SUV to make corners. It feels really fun in its own way though, and I like the idea of perhaps racing it against some of the lighter but less powerful cars.

realalberto and Seria17hri11er like this.
  9. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

How DARE you not race using Ultraviolet?! Doom on you!

10. I love purple cars, but ultraviolet isn't the right purple for me...
    It isn't bad:
    [​IMG]

But I like my purple a bit darker:
    [​IMG]

But to be honest, I really like Lime Green on Porsche's:
    [​IMG]
    ---------
    Okay, enough painting and back to driving!

PhenOm, asehauDLM, Kyo and 9 others like this.
  11. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

PP2 came so fast on the heels of PP1 that I wasn't even dying with anticipation like I usually am for DLC. We're getting flooded with awesome freakin' cars!! :D Oh crap. I gotta try to remember what changes I made to my assetto_corsa.ini -- does anyone remember if Gyro turned on is recommended with a DFGT? How about FF Skip Steps (whatever its called). 0 or 1? Ugh...I need to start committing these things to memory.

I think I need to reboot my computer. Since I booted Assetto Corsa, everything else is lagging like in my web browser - typing is lagging... I can't remember what acs.exe usually reads for CPU in Task Manager. Mine is floating around 30 with a car sitting in the pits on Nordschleife.

EDIT: Your purple is cooler, Michael.

12. The scenario is that you are driving the Maserati GT4.
    ----------------
    I didn't care for the Gyro effect when I was using a DFGT, but I probably had the damper_min_level set to high.

Tacoscent and ALB123 like this.
  13. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

Do you know someone who can make that color and ALSO birch green a thing for the GT3 RS? That would literally make my day complete. Also I like that darker shade of purple so please you know just make a bunch of skins and upload them so I can DL plzzzzzz :)

14. Berry

Berry Alien

I drove the GT4 and the GT3 RS on the Nordschleife... (7:46; 7:26, 1 try each)
    Well, what can I say?

MBK72, rafikens1000, Horus and 2 others like this.
  15. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

That GT3 RS... just wow. It makes me hate my life for having a broken wheel and no money to buy a new one at the moment, but even with a joypad this car is touching my soul when driving it.

16. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

I might normally say "well thats corny" but in this case that's amore ;) GT3 RS is just too good.

Horus likes this.
  17. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

That GT4 is the car I'd buy myself tomorrow, if I could.
    AMAZING!

18. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Hmm... do I first check out some sweet new Porsches,

or see if the new brake adjustment helps me get the stock E30 to feel less weird under hard braking? :confused:

:p

19. For the 919 ERS deployments modes, anyone know the main differences? ( @Aristotelis :D)

I've tried them all (except hotlap, I'll leave that alone for a bit), but they all seem very similar to me.

Low Preserve
    Low Aggressive
    High Preserve
    High Aggressive

So I guess preserve is for charging you battery (or using less overall electrical energy), and aggressive is for using more. And low would be maybe for slower tracks (ie using the energy at lower gears/speeds) and high for spa/monza? They all seem quite similar to me though.

Also thought it was interesting how it also seems to use steering input, so in a straight line it can put down more power than if you have some steering angle. Makes experimenting with driving lines interesting.

And as for the vertical wings, the CL number, what is that, sideforce? Negative force when I drive right, and positive when I drive left, so I guess it can't be downforce.

Also its quite quick using the e-motors only! :p

Overall, its a awesome as I expected, so great work all!

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  20. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

For those that aren't at home or near their PC, here is the changelog...

- New Porsche 718 Boxster S Manual gearbox (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - New Porsche 718 Boxster S PDK gearbox (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - New Porsche Cayman GT4 (street version) (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - New Porsche 911 GT3 RS (street 991 version) (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - New Porsche 718 Spyder RS60 1960 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - New Porsche 962C Short Tail 1985 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - New Porsche 962C Long Tail 1987 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - New Porsche 911 GT1-98 1998 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - New Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - New Porsche Cayenne Turbo S (free bonus car)
    - Improved Porsche 911 Carrera S electronics
    - Improved Porsche 918 Spyder electronics
    - V10 street tyres for BMW M4 and Corvette C7 Stingray for comparison reasons (v10 still beta)
    - V10 street tyres performance improvements
    - V10 tyres for McLaren F1 GTR
    - V10 tyres for Mercedes C9
    - Improved Porsche 917/30 physics with more accurate data from homologation papers.
    - Corrected typos on Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport rear suspension toe link
    - Added vertical wing ("fin") simulation in Porsche 917/30
    - VR: now cockpit camera position is always on the driver eye position (this is overridden by the onboard camera settings)
    - Fixed WBCAR_TOP_FRONT not being modified by RIM_OFFSET
    - Fixed CX_MULT only using the last value in the INI for every compound
    - Added BRAKE_DX_MOD parameter to have slip ratio vs FX curve different on the brake side
    - Fixed some too low turbo volumes
    - Improved FXX K downshift sound
    - Added electronics tab in the car setup
    - Fixed ERS energy deployment wasn't resetting in Hotlap mode
    - Body work has now some flexibility when colliding with ground
    - Improved tyre load formula
    - Fixed Lock Controls penalty when player is AFK during race start
    - Added brake pressure setup options for all cars
    - Added vertical wings ("Fins") simulation
    - Added Energy deployment limit from a single front MGU
    - Added majorly IMO tyres temperature to shared memory
    - Fixed Porsche Panamera wrong alignment setup options
    - Fixed Lamborghini Miura long pitstop refueling time
    - Fixed Lamborghini Countach S1 long pitstop refueling time
    - Fixed rear damping ratio in Car Engineer app
    - Fixed Autoshifter shifting too early in race start
    - python new functions and members
    - getTrackLength()
    - Fixed Default ABS/TC and current ABS/TC level not being synchronized
    - Tyre explosion temperature is now configurable by modders by using the optional section in tyres.ini :
    [EXPLOSION]
    TEMPERATURE=350
    - Gamepad can now use legacy code for vibrations and speed sensitivity by setting USE_LEGACY_CODE=1 in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
    - Enabled camera shake and g-force movements for OculusVR

Bas B, HoiHman and Seria17hri11er like this.