1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #13 - Outrun

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Jan 1, 2017.

1. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Kembro you've got 33min when you placed your post
    I've got 32min but you are in front of me ...........life is not faire :p

Edit ; just watching the min again , 37 for you 35 for me it get even worse :p

I give up :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I would post my video as a proof but I don't have it. I was frustrated recently and deleted whole Assetto Corsa map in PS were all saved videos are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kembro and svenvangent like this.
  3. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

You know what, I thought the same.. Very surprised I got that time. But prior to this I could only hit 2:21.... Then i put the Tc setting to 1/4 so that I could just hammer it out of every turn, and I started cutting a couple turns a bit better and started marking a couple braking points better. I don't think I can get anymore time out of this one.

The wheel is definitely helping. Mostly with being able to cut my turns properly.. Making fine tune adjustments, and getting a lot closer to the apexes. That controller is just too twitchy for me.

4. OriginalR6kid

OriginalR6kid Hardcore Simmer

Im with you mate,this wont ever be my issue,not on this tt anyway lol.
    It seems that xbox really dropped the ball when it comes to sharing replays,as far as im aware you need additional software on a pc to be able to do it?

5. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

If I provide a doctor's note can I get a day extension Been dying with the flu/cold the last 3 days so not been able to get back on ☹️

paul_wev and OriginalR6kid like this.
  6. River Ruckus

River Ruckus Simracer

2:14.273! Not gonna give up without a fight, you stupid Black Cat lol. :mad:

[​IMG]

Graveltrap, Kembro, paul_wev and 3 others like this.
  7. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

On PS4 it is easy to capture video, edit (basic) and upload to YouTube. I have no experience on X1 of PC so really have no idea how that is working, it is possible on all platforms in some way shape or form.

I could ask for video proof of the lap, would you take part if it was a requirement? I think it would kill the WHC, myself. :(

With this particular challenge, unusual lap times may provoke speculation about how the time was achieved, so it may be in *your* best interest to include a clip to prevent speculation if you set a silly fast lap (due to replay issues on console I would suggest that gameplay rather than replay footage is the way to go).

My goal with this is to explore everything that AC has to offer, this track in hindsight may not really be suitable for this sort of thing...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    River Ruckus likes this.
  8. OriginalR6kid

I think that because this competition is just for fun,there's no need for replays. Besides i think it would put off a lot of the xbox players,due to the hassle.

We need to have some trust and the way i see it,if someone wants to cheat then so be it,hollow victory and all that.

Hammerpgh and Graveltrap like this.
  9. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

2:09.449, PS4

[​IMG]

As I needed to get a time on the board, I have to say me and this car don't get along, it took me some time to adjust to how the downshift protection was working for some reason which really sapped any enjoyment out of it :(

A note on PS4 track temperature, to fix the bug where the game displays the wrong temperature, you need to change the ambient temperature from what you have it set to and enter the track, I did this in practice mode. When you revert back to 26 degrees for the WHC your track temperature should no be more believable and prevent confusion...

svenvangent and OriginalR6kid like this.
  10. OriginalR6kid

Whatever,i know you will beat me before the competition finishes tonight!:D

11. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I think the historic circuits are better for racing than hotlaps as you have a pretty long lap and not a lot of corners, I guess the car could be the focus of the challenge, maybe something like the Yellowbird for example...

I do need to have a proper look at the Junior Circuit, maybe that would work better?

paul_wev and svenvangent like this.
  12. SF73

SF73 Gamer

2:14.094 Xbox, G920.

I used Duckeys set up. Thanks Duckey. Without it the understeer at low speeds was a bit of a nightmare.

WP_20170108_00_05_15_Pro.jpg WP_20170108_00_05_15_Pro.jpg

13. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Found a couple of seconds, 2:14.859 Xbox One this time
    [​IMG]

Graveltrap, paul_wev and svenvangent like this.
  14. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Rest in peace OriginalR6kid I already gave up on Tuesday with this combo , lets see what next challenge will bring .

OriginalR6kid and paul_wev like this.
  15. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Hi,

I would love to tame the understeer, what settings did you change?

Cheers

Andy

16. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Found it:

Gave it another go, my last time was done with default setup except with about 15l fuel, tyre pressures at 22/23 front/rear and no TC. This time I also maxed out front negative camber, 0.5 more negative camber at the rear and reduced the toe-ins (11 front, 8 rear). 2/4 TC isn't too bad, I could probably post a similar time with it. Only 1/4 TC is too intrusive. It makes me lose several tenths out of the first corner alone. No TC is the most fun though so that's my choice :D

svenvangent and paul_wev like this.
  17. OriginalR6kid

My final attempt and only a slight improvement
    2.07'712
    X1 20170108_145948.jpg

18. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

To be clear from my side if y'all will put the reply as a"must"after every lap fine by me. It's ridiculous how can someone even close think that in certain times ppl cheat or something like that. I can assure y'all that my time is legit about the P1 don't know and don't care. I've fun taking part in the WHC and I'll continue to do so.

paul_wev and River Ruckus like this.
  19. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

I would not worry too much about that! If you did it clean, freaking awesome! and well done mate.
    If one cheats they know they did. If you have done your best, beaten yourself and where ever you land on the general standings, well that is where you belong and cheating to get any higher, the biggest loser is he who has done so! If you are worried that the person that is ahead of you cheated, thats your problem, this is all for fun anyway just chill otherwise this whole thing is pointless and then should be shut down then everyone loses.

20. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Agree on that. Only want that I put that doubt on a side and that I wount have any problems if OP requires an video on the best time! :)