1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The steering, grip front tires, terible?

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Zenon, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

tbh I(and I'm sure many other people that know physics a bit) had the same impression than Stefano about your posts so it's not really a case of a dev not taking criticism. The level of knowledge does not seem to be at the level required to make some of the claims you made.

Everyone agrees there is always room for improvement...but some of the things you said or did on your car were proper wtf.

2. Horus

Horus Alien

The stress and workload has been something else for Team Kunos these last few years. I think the Kunos team needs a well deserved holiday. Australia is absolutely beautiful at this time of year, beaches, barbies, beer and lots of poisonous critter. New South Wales has lots to offer, especially around Bathurst, it is special place to visit. I'd make a laser line for its friendly and relaxing environment, if I were a member of Team Kunos that is. ;)

3. Shakotan

Shakotan Racer

Once again, you assume that I have a problem with AC and want to hurt you. Why? Does that happen a lot? And of course I am in a position to make a claim about the realism. Everyone is. Whether it's correct or not is a different matter, but as a customer I am fully within my rights to make a comment on the product. Regardless of your personal feelings. But I am not a bad guy, and I have no intention to bad mouth anyone. I'm not here to make enemies. But at least it got your attention (unintentionally, but still), and that's a start.

I already sent Aris a message with my findings and the link to my beta with my tyres to test and analyse. Before I posted anything about it on the forum. I will send you one as well, where I explain my findings and the issues I am experiencing.

For everyone else, I am not saying you should put unrealistic values in your mods. I am simply saying that some parameters are simple math, others are less rigid and you can play around with those a bit more. Such as relaxation length, flex, camber sensitivity and stuff that will be very different from a high profile street tyre to a low profile GT tyre. I am not talking radical changes like inverted FZ0 or something silly, but sometimes small changes that doesn't really make it more right or wrong, can change the behaviour and balance of a car quite a lot. Is it ok to say that?

SkinnyCyclist and Kloucezch like this.
  4. and as author of the software I am fully within my rights to make a comment on your comment ;). Regardless of your personal feelings about it :p

Buggi, Eero, rauf00 and 3 others like this.
  5. Horus

Horus Alien

Watch yourself Lord and Master, Kevin will send you a warning. :D :p

Edit: I have spent maybe £60 on AC and DLC over the last few years. For the fun I have had from those few pounds over so many years I don't think I could spend the money on anything better. There have been failures but mostly there have been total genius moves. Overall I can guess what Kunos wants, well it's what we want, an amazing racing experience. So do I expect the tyres to change, the physics, the drivability etc etc to change again. You bet I do. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  6. Shakotan

Shakotan Racer

If so, I apologise. That was not intentional. And yes, at first glance they are wtf, but if you do the math, it's not really that crazy. Also, keep in mind, that was when I first discovered it and was still testing. Did you ever try my tyres though? They are of course very different and too extreme, but could you feel the difference and understand what I was trying to achieve? It's not really that insane...

Horus likes this.
  7. Shakotan

Shakotan Racer

On that we agree. I am not easily offended. And for that reason I sometimes offend without knowing. The problem with being new on a forum is that you never really know what the general tone is. So what can be perceived as polite in some communities might be conceived as rude and ignorant in others. Trust me when I say that I never meant to come across as something I am not, and I can see that I should probably have started off slower and more gentle to build some trust. Having said that, you guys could probably loosen up a bit ;)

8. Shakotan

Shakotan Racer

No doubt. I assumed everyone was on the same page, so that's why I was a bit surprised. And again, huge AC fan. Even bought it on PS4 just to support Kunos. Don't even have the PS4 hooked up :p

Horus likes this.
  9. Horus

Horus Alien

Post those tyre ini changes up @Shakotan I'm interested it playing with them. What car have you changed, I don't do mods so please stick to default cars. Thanks bud.

10. Shakotan

Shakotan Racer

I am working on my own car, but if you want to do a very simple test, just set LS_EXPY=1 and LS_EXPX=0 on the Cayman Clubsport/991 Cup 2017/Tuned AE86 (those are the ones I have tried it on so far). This will mess up the balance of course, but it's just to give you an idea. I know it's "wrong" and I also have a pretty good idea about what it does and why it "works". But I will let you make up your own mind before going into detail.

Bolibompa and Horus like this.
  11. you realize that LS_EXPY = 1.0 means no load sensitivity don't you?

And that LS_EXPX = 0 means EXTREMELY linear load sensitivity don't you?

You do realize this is pretty much the opposite of how tyre behave?
    I am sure it feels pretty realistic in lalaland tho...

1) fart numebers out of your ***
    2) go online claiming to have the recipe for realism
    3) profit?

And this guy is calling our stuff non realistic.. I can't even... really I am going to unban James from PRC at this point because he's going to love this one.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Eero, Silhuette, Reinart86 and 3 others like this.
  12. Shakotan

Shakotan Racer

I never said your stuff wasn't realistic. Why do you even say that. All I am saying is that for some reason, the throttle and brake input mid corner creates the opposite of every car I've ever driven on a track in real life. Considering I'm a former racing driver and a racing instructor for Porsche, BMW and AMG, that should count for something at least. And the language you use is shockingly immature.

Yes, I know fully well what LS_EXPY and LS_EXPX do by now. Do you? Or do you honestly believe that as soon as you add load to a tyre, it will loose grip?

13. cool now you are also blatantly lying, let me remind you what you wrote:

"But you would have to go away from the default Kunos values. Which may not be a bad thing for realism anyway ;)"

I am really loosing patience now... consider this a final warning. Go read a book and see you in 5 years if you want to talk physics with me, otherwise stop and go back talking about whatever else you talked about before getting into this trip you're having.

Sadly as owner of the forum I cannot put you on ignore.. so the only solution to get rid of you would be to give you a forced vacation, which really I don't want to.

And just for a note.. it doesn't ****ING MATTER WHAT I BELIEVE! There is nothing to believe.. there is experimental data and results, what I or you believe doesn't mean ****... seriously, get lost.

You can't be seriously expecting me to waste time with every delusional individual that shows up with random numbers on the forum don't you?

Eero, tkaczorek69, LeDude83 and 2 others like this.
  14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Omg , I laughed so much with this.

Dude coming and asks the one guy , lord kunos himself, master of physics, about knowledge of his game...yeah...

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Horus likes this.
  15. Shakotan

Shakotan Racer

I don't know what more to say. Whatever I say you interpret it in the worst way possible and take it personally. You read what you wan't to read. I said that changing some values may not be a bad thing for realism. That is NOT the same thing as saying your sim is unrealistic. Just that with tyres, there are some values that may not work as intended with the exact right value, simply because a tyre model can only do so much. And it's always going to be a compromise. I am a man of science, I agree that data is data. No argument there. Doesn't change how the car drives though. I really don't understand your reaction. Blows my mind.

Bolibompa, ericRacer, NFS76 and 4 others like this.
  16. Shakotan

Shakotan Racer

I didn't ask him. I was jokingly implying that maybe, just maybe, not everything is quite perfect just yet. Lord Kunos is a knowledgeable guy, no doubt. And I love his previous work. Still doesn't change the fact that the tyres are reacting incorrectly to load in the sim. Of that I am certain. And even if I am wrong, I don't see what the big deal is. So I am wrong. Why get all crazy defensive. Why even bother to engage with me? Unless...

17. mah.. I give up. My 2017 new year proposition was to avoid banning people on the forum. I don't want to fail after only 9 days :D
    I gues I'll be the one walking away from this.. the gentlemen here has vastly proven his value, nothing much to add to the discussion.
    Remember the deal kids... come up with random numbers, state it FEELZ good, **** on the devs, get challenged, get offended because you don't get treated seriously.... prc is going to love this guy soooo much.

Eero, LeDude83 and UntrainedN00B01 like this.
  18. Shakotan

Shakotan Racer

Not very good at new year resolutions? Nine days? You can do better. I have gone to the gym for more than nine days, and I hate going to the gym. I am sure someone will come along that thinks that it's unrealistic because the GT3 cars can't drift or something along those lines. Save your ban for them. I believe in you! Don't give up.

Look, I have apologised and explained. Just as you asked. You could have simply explained to me why I was wrong, but either you can't or you won't. Either is fine, just say so.

I don't know what else I can do to get on your good side, and frankly I don't want to anymore. Ciao.

Walkman, ericRacer, Racert46 and 3 others like this.
  19. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Why don't you just share your scientific data.
    You cannot beat numbers without numbers.
    Stefano is a dev, actually is THE dev.
    He is just building a software, which is simply math . Numbers.

Bring your numbers. He has already asked you but I can see only more words.

You say that AC won't behave correct on tyre load.

Well bring your data. We all are 100% sure, that if Stefano sees that data from real life is different than the software, he will take it into account. It has happened before , actually more than once.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

TitzonToast, Dookie, LeDude83 and 3 others like this.
  20. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Shakotan seems like a genuinely nice guy, very apologetic and not meaning to offend. But when you get in the lion cage and start poking the sleeping lion with a stick, it doesn't matter how polite you ask it not to get mad... :D