1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Porsche gt3 cup Iracing vs AC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Hany, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

To put fire in the discussion, i have made my Cup sounds with recordings from the 997 GT3 Cup car but with "professional microphone". The microphone was placed somwhere in the middle of the car at drivers helmet height. I used this recording because the 997 had a different gearbox and less whine! So it´s a lot better than using engine samples with the whine included. The whine i used from a 991 Cup car.
    My sounds are still a wip cause the gearbox whine is not final special in the lower speeds and it is still a compromise to real sounds, cause it differs from gear to gear.

iRacing sounds are very nice althought the whine is not perfect. It sounds strange off throttle sometimes. And the iRacing tire skid noise is annoying.

Can´t wait to hear some real recordings from the 2017 Cup car with the new 4.0l engine.

LOEVG, Schnipp and pavano like this.
  2. Berry

Berry Alien

@Fonsecker: The 997's engine is quite a bit different in sound compared to the 991.2 Cup car.It uses the "Mezger" engine, while this one uses the updated DFI engine based on the original 991 GT3, the former has a more "throaty" engine note at mid-RPM and quite a nice mix of bass and high-notes at the top of its rev-range, while the newer engine has a much smoother sound, and with more "scream" at the top end.
    For me the Kunos sound is quite okey, it's not mind-blowing, but most cars in AC aren't, they're nice.The iRacing sounds more realistic, I'll give it that, however as far as driving goes they seem pretty similar, maybe a touch too much understeer in iRacing as it was mentioned earlier.
    (the 991.1 Cup car still had the Mezger engine btw)

3. The tyre noise arent the best indeed on iR. They are getting better in that they sound different depending on the kind of slip you have, but yeah... I've turned them down quite a bit in-game. In the video sounds are at default level IIRC.

4. FatnSlo

FatnSlo Rookie

Nice lap time in your video. What rear wing are you using?

5. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Done.
    @pankykapus owes me a beer.

ALB123, formulaHEINE, LHMGTR and 32 others like this.
  6. Used 1, but 2 might be slightly faster overall. In the end it's pretty tricky to nail a lap either way and we're talking <1s here :p

FatnSlo likes this.
  7. I'm surprised no one posted yet..

8. He runs less than optimal grip in AC and then wonders why the lap times are slow.....:rolleyes:

Epistolarius likes this.
  9. Berry

Berry Alien

Eh, he did say they aren't the only benchmark, the cars do look very similar.I can't agree with his comments about the car in AC feels like it's mid-engined, you can really feel the rear bias when you go through fast chicanes or when the car unweighs and then you regain grip.I do like how iRacing handles suspension movement on kerbs though, it looks more realistic than AC where it does feel like it's crashing down when you're going up a kerb (or coming off for that reason).

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  10. I wouldn't do that either. Fast is pretty good preset for that kind of comparison. The thing I'm surprised he didn't talk is the camber which seems to be very different between the platforms.

nate likes this.
  11. I've only driven the AC version, but he is spot on about it having a 'pogo stick' bounciness about it. Not sure why he has a ten degree dead zone in his wheel though, maybe somebody should hook him up with a good minimum force setting for his wheel.
    -----------
    How is 'fast' a good setting when it can vary several degrees every time you load it up; and several degrees worth of difference is worth a couple seconds a lap.

Psit likes this.
  12. I think I know what he means by that "deadzone" and that's common for AMS, AC & rF2/Enduracers Porsches. Haven't driven the car in iRacing but according to EB the same thing applies for iR too. It's not pure deadzone but more like a dull centre..

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think he said in another video that he is using LUT for his wheel in AC so ffb deadzone shouldnt be the issue.

The part about fuel is interesting. Might be worth looking up for the guys at Kunos since the car in iracing uses more fuel. One of them have got it more right and one of them have got it more wrong.

14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You can't compare lap times around Imola on AC vs. AMS, because the AMS version has quite a few differences.

15. Berry

Berry Alien

In Automobilista those kerbs look very forgiving, a lot of width added to the track, whereas in AC you'd slip and slide everywhere on Imola's kerbs.

16. Camber is still ded on iR. And the baseline set has too high pressures which worsen the outlap being fastest thing. Tyres get out of working range too fast.

Handling-wise it's fine tho. Remember that its a sim so sometimes numbers dont translate quite right, lol. Never driven a sim where fast setups (<1s) were 1:1 to real life. Altho with such a set the car still drives fine.

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Didn't Aris mention a while (few patches) ago that Optimal is the proper real world setting now, not Fast? Depends on the track surfaces different from track to track anyway. Certainly if you go down with the temperatures to something more realistic for a lot of races (10-15°C) and then go Fast or lower it gets quite slippery for a race track.

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think V10 tyres with 97-98% is compareable to 95-96% on V7's.

But I think there was a sort of adjustment in one of the recent patches and Aris wrote that before that patch.

At least on the Street Fight servers there were quite some lap time improvements since late december/early january by several drivers and I don't just mean the 2-3 tenths you get from more sessions you do on a certain setup.

19. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Easy there.

Matt says many times that he spent least amount of time in AC version.

Under optimal conditions in AC lap times are in low 1:45's with really fast drivers.

With fast conditions there were people in low 1:46's other day in multiplayer race I was in.

The main point of video is iRacing/AC/AMS version are really close.

This in general is good for simracing that technology/simulation is moving in the right direction.

Only thing that was odd is the fuel usage difference between iRacing and AC.

Maybe @Aristotelis can clarify ?

Ace Pumpkin and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  20. Wonky fuel usage seems to be a recurring theme tho, the Cup car isn't the only one to have (or have had) wild values there.