1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

less cpu intensive ai would be great

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Whipdiddywhip, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

as the title says, the ai can be very cpu demanding in this game, ive tried rfactor 2 with a large grid and the cpu was not a bottleneck at all, and their ai is alot better than ac's. I mean they don't even pit for tyres in ac

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer CPU high in Server stats - my CPU or Server CPU? May 24, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Multi Cpu on Asseto Mar 2, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds CPU usage at 99% when playing Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Flex Post sorry but it feels good. CPU upgrade. Dec 22, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Can I get more performance for ACC out of my CPU and RAM? Dec 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC somehow CPU Spike background task dependant? Nov 22, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions CPU upgrade advice Nov 10, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions CPU boost drops. Please help, Devs? Experts? Sep 8, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals CSL DD - Warning: CPU Usage > 99% Mar 20, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Can’t get the FPS up with Triples, CPU/GPU not being used to maximum Mar 20, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Graphic settings and CPU performance hit Feb 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crash EU4-AC2 or PC freeze [unstable CPU auto OC] Feb 6, 2022
    Bug reports CSL DD PC CPU OVERLOAD Dec 31, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting CPU and game crash on startup before main menu Nov 29, 2021
    ACC User Interface Warning CPU usage message when leaving pits Nov 24, 2021

3. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Getting an AI performing better in the first - I think that characterizes the construction site more adequate.

Its my only remaining big quarrel with AC.

4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Is it the actual AI code that is CPU expensive or is it the cars' physics?

I guess it's the latter …

Schnipp likes this.
  5. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Assetto corsa is probably the only sim that has the AI using same physics as the player.
    Rf2 is definitely not as such easier for cpu to handle.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

6. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

I had no trouble getting 99% usage on my gpu with a 20 car grid on rfactor yet a 20 car grid of formula hybrid cars on ac had a clear bottleneck as gpu got nowhere near full usage

And who cares if they use the same physics as the player? I'd rather they be more fun to race against and not bog down the cpu

7. I care.

AC_RAF, detoit, aphidgod and 6 others like this.
  8. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

Why? It's clearly no more fun to race against than other sims. And bottlenecks the cpu is not good either

9. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

If you read Lord Kunos comments in the other thread on AI you will see why AI takes a lot of CPU power. It appears that the AI program is making projections for maximum speeds for each up coming corner using actual entry speed and actual conditions for making the projections and then the AI is set to make the turn on the correct line using the projection for speed through the corner. So in addition to actually running the physics on the car there is a complex set of calculations being used to drive each car. Each AI car ends up taking a lot more processing power than either the primary car or cars displaying from MP connections being generated on other computers.

This provides the POTENTIAL for unmatched realism for AI but requires high levels of programing skill and cpu processing power.

It is equally clear if you have spent time driving against AI that the AI system is making steady progress in quality. For me personally I am happy to buy CPU power to drive the AI and allow it to achieve very high levels of quality and sophistication.

detoit likes this.
  10. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

Buy cpu power? I have a 6700k and it bottlenecks my gpu with less than a 20 car grid,

11. Then you have an issue somewhere because I can run full grids with my 5+ year old CPU no problem.
    Here is 30+ cars at VIR while recording live:

Here is a full field at Highlands Short:

12. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

What gpu do you use? Run a 20 car grid and tell me if your gpu gets 99% usage with the other cars near you. If your gpu is weak then it may

Your videos show me nothing

Clearly a bottleneck
    [​IMG]

13. [​IMG]

AC_RAF, detoit, fr13del and 1 other person like this.
  14. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

Are you dumb? Do you not understand the gpu's relationship in a bottleneck?

15. The GPU's relationship in a CPU bottleneck? Guess I am. What crappy GPU are you using with your brand new 6700K? And what part of your screen is showing me a bottleneck either way?

fr13del, mms and Radfahrer like this.
  16. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

cmon, buddy, go even lower ... Mike doesnt really like to surface like that to eat somebody :)

#popcorn

17. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

You clearly don't understand if you think a weak gpu is more likely to get bottlenecked by the cpu

18. You shouldn't get CPU occupancy errors with 6700K. What steering wheel you're using? (Valid question even it may sound stupid.)

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  19. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

T150 thrustmaster I posted a pic above with afterburner in the top left

20. Ok. Then FFB updates shouldn't be your issue, I think. Ofcourse you can try to tick "Skip FF updates" to see if it makes any difference.

Not sure what you should see from MSI Afterburner stats (which is an application that can also cause your troubles). There shouldn't be much calculations going on when your sitting on the pitlane. Anyhow it seems like something is causing you too much CPU load.