1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I've had the 1703 creators update since it was first started being rolled out ages ago and haven't had any issues at all

2. APC900

APC900 Simracer

AC on VR is absolutely incredible.
    I received my Rift a week ago and it has completely changed simracing.
    It is the one biggest thing so far to change the sport.
    The first time through Au Rouge in an open-wheeler, is worth the price of admission.

3. GaetanL

GaetanL Gamer

Run a F1 race (go last). Stop inside the turn upper the au rouge. Go out the car (stand up and move a little) and stay inside the kerbs. Wait the others F1 coming ;)

4. APC900

APC900 Simracer

I'd always like the Porsche 919 (there is something 'magical' about that uphift sound), but I hardly ever drove the car due to forward visibility issue on a monitor.
    I took the car to Mugello in VR yesterday and all I can say is Wow!
    The thing is so much fun to drive from a VR cockpit perspective.
    The other thing that 'gets' me, is the level of detail as you sit there.
    As to the Rift setup, I have not had one single drop out or disconnection since setup.
    My installation runs really smooth as well and I'm using a first gen 2011 processor with a GTX1070 and 32 Gigs of RAM.
    What I did was install two USB 2.0 cards. The two Oculus sensors are plugged into one and the X-box controller to the other.
    The HMD is plugged into a USB 3.0.
    I can turn completely around and not lose tracking.
    It's amazing to look at the work put into the car's rear detail...diffuser strakes, engine covers etc...

DaveS78 and Cote Dazur like this.
  5. K_Soze

K_Soze Racer

You can open Services and disable Windows Update. I manually start the service when I want to install specific updates.

About SteamVR, you need it when playing with a HTC Vive.

sherpa25 and AC_RAF like this.
  6. K_Soze

K_Soze Racer

That's why the issue is not fixed yet, most users have no issues but specific hardware configurations seems to lead to micro stutters problems.

7. michael_

michael_ Simracer

Yeah, I got the summer discounted rift and wow. I'd not played AC for a while and the difference is night and day.

AC with monitor -> You're sat behind a puppet that's driving a car looking at him through a (42" plasma in my case) window and you're not moving, but he is.

AC with VR -> You're sat in a car on a track. And it's you that's moving. Aside from resolution issues, it's just mind blowing.

Unfortunately after a few laps I was lying on the bed essentially feeling 'seasick', a feeling that lessened but stuck with me for hours.
    Perhaps not helped by me spinning the car and pressing the various camera views so my virtual body was sat on the bonnet one second and floating behind the car the next.

I went in again and, took my time, slower car, careful not to spin, cockpit view.
    Similar results. Then my son and a friend took over the front room until 4am as I sat reading online threads about vr sickness. Feeling a bit gutted that the games
    I thought would be pretty much worth the entry price might be unplayable by me.

Many comments seemed to suggest that acclimatization works though (although I can imagine many people giving up before they reach that stage)

Next day, I tried RHM (on defaults) and it was better. The whole experience was better. I found I need to be careful where I look when the car is moving. i.e reading the hud as you're flying along is like reading a book in a car (for me at least) and I feel nausea very quickly. Following the motion by looking ahead and anticipating how the car will move lessens the effect.

So my 2nd day I did quite a few back to back races, probably an hour of driving without having to stop or feeling ill in the game, but I still had a bit of nausea when I removed the device.
    I think intense concentration and focus on driving is enough to distract you in the game - and is it ever immersive!

Then I went through some performance / quality changes. Trying to get 45fps->90fps. Which so far I've managed on hotlaps but only with 1.0 sampling (gtx 1070/4690k)

Then I tried 'lock to horizon' (mainly because I wanted to free up cpu that I thought RHM might be using running in the background) and my next hotlap I noticed that the ups and downs of the track are much better that way - but equally, for sure as you go up and down some of the bends that triggers a bit more nausea at first.

I'm rather hopeful that eventually my brain will just learn to accept it. I'm at least at the stage where I can play for a reasonable length of time and come away thinking "wow" but
    with mild nausea (which TBH, I probably would if I went around some of these bends at the speeds I am IRL), which is worth it for the experience and certainly a big improvement from my initial few laps.

Jaood, DaveS78, mms and 2 others like this.
  8. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

I keep forgetting to stop and get out of a car and walk around.

katikomer likes this.
  9. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Racer

I found the best way for me to cure motion sickness was edit the assetto_corsa.ini in \Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg and set

[VR]
    ENABLE_CAMERA_SHAKE=1

this unlocks the camera from the model drivers head, then in game display/view settings set vertical G-force to ~ 1.2, Lateral / Longitudinal G-force values to 0.0 or slightly over, and set "camera shake at high speed" to 0x

I used RHM in the past when I played on a larger TV screen as the vertical bounce of the horizon used to give me headaches, but havn't found it necessary with VR :)

mms and sherpa25 like this.
  10. GaetanL

GaetanL Gamer

IRL I'm very sensitive at transports sickness. Even on board a TGV (High speed train, very stable, no movement) I need to watch outside all the time (And especially not back to the move). In car I can't look inside more than 1min before to be sick.
    But in VR despite I was sick a little in first time now I have no problems. "Look to horizon is good because your brain keep a point of reference. I use it too.
    Spinning was hard at first. But now I complete drifting challenge without problem ;)
    For the firts time I played only 30min, after 1 week I could played 1 hour or 2. Now even when I play DCS (military airplane simulator) I can "stay" 3 hours

mms, Cote Dazur and Dean Ogurek like this.
  11. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Seems that I edited the .ini file in the app directory when I was supposed to edit one in the Document directory. So the above results were at 1.0 PPD, and I'm actually getting 45FPS at 1.5 PPD. I will need to reduce some of the graphics setting, but 1.0 wasn't too bad either.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mms likes this.
  12. Drop as much as you need to get 1.5 to 2.0 ppd. 90fps is a must though for the smoothest experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveS78 and jaxx_za like this.
  13. Turk

Turk Alien

How could you even tell that things moving? I took the high speed from Barcelona to Madrid I think it was. Sat down and started reading a book waiting for the train to set off, looked up at one point and we were already zipping along, didn't even feel it start moving. The Spanish ones are a bit newer I think.

They have some amazing infrastructure in Spain though. Every time I go there I'm looking around in awe thinking "no wonder these feckers are broke". They go above and beyond on everything.

14. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Anyone with stutters after creators update, have you turned game mode off? I got the update a month or 2 ago and had stutters straight away but once I turned the game mode off all was good again..

sherpa25 and mms like this.
  15. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Before I bought the rift I reinstalled my system fresh and it's always the creator update. I don't see stutters.

16. K_Soze

K_Soze Racer

All solutions provided on the internet don't fix anything for those who have the micro stutters problem. nVidia is finally able to reproduce it so a fix should comes from nVidia or Microsoft.

From nVidia forum : "I don't believe we require any more trace logs at the moment. Thank you all for your help. Our software team is investigating this issue as a top priority bug so I hope to have more updates for you all soon."

17. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

Maybe I need to post this in one of the support forums. I've only attempted two races against the AI since I went VR, both on Kunos tracks (Brands and Spa). Using Content Manager, I set 16 AI and my start position as last on the grid. When I loaded into each race, it literally drops my car in a few places up from last, right on top of another car. Like physically on top of one of the AI cars. Anyone ran into this or is possibly something to do with content manager and VR?

18. Can't say I've ever seen this. What about using the AC launcher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

Haven't thought to try the default launcher but I will try that tonight.

20. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Yes you should, it probably does not have anything to do with VR and CM. Have you done a Steam integrity check?