1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about Raceroom Racing Experience R3E

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SpriGgy, Jun 28, 2015.

1. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Reiza did amazing job with V10 sounds but this is just on level above any sim ...

nate likes this.
  2. Jebus

Jebus Alien

To be blunt, I find this modern car but "old" sounds just because it sounds more cool really retarded decision. Not interested at all of that kind of cars.

Cote Dazur and Mogster like this.
  3. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well Im not gonna buy it either .. just that sound quality and depth is amazing .. regardless the fact it shouldn`t be on that car

4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

You guys are killing me! :D "Why is that car blue, why is it not red? I want a red car!" Oh my...

They did many things very right with this car. Still, I probably will not drive this car a lot, and I explained it in more detail in a little feedback posting that I just have posted here:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/formula-raceroom-x-17.8051/page-8#post-120552

The sound is exceptionell. Very, very good.

Its no offiocial recreation of a F1 car from real world, its a fanatsy car basing on F1 specifications. So do not complain about the obvious difference. It does not meet the original specs (V10 engine) because it must not meet the original specs. What results from this artistic freedom? Maybe the best sounding open wheeler in any simulation on the market. Anbd many people started to complain in last real world seaosn that F1 cars have started to sound too silent, too lame.

Well, this car does not. Promised. :D

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    nate and miky like this.
  5. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Well first of all I can complain about what ever I see fit.

I still stand with my opinion that the decision is lame and retarded, as was your comparison with the car color demands. Your amusement or opinion on that means nothing to me.

6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

:D You already got drowned out with superior V10 X-17 sound. LOL

Lay back. Breathe. Relax. Nobody forces you to buy or drive this car. I bought it - but will not drive it a lot either...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  7. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

@Skybird I respect that you like the car, and yes it sounds great, as does everything in R3E.

I don't like the concept of fantasy content being officially sold for a racing simulation. And just to make sure there are no misunderstandings:

I have no problem with unlicenced content, as long as it's a faithful recreation of something that exists in RL, like the Formula RR Junior in R3E or the Boxer Cup in AMS.
    I have no problem with official fantasy content being given out for free, like Kunos did with their two fantasy tracks.

So, again:
    I don't understand why they didn't use the sounds of the current 2017 F1 cars with an unlicenced generic 2017 chassis, like AMS did.
    I don't understand why they didn't use the V10 sounds with a licenced or unlicenced generic chassis that ran the V10 back in the day.
    I respect that you like the car @Skybird, please respect that I don't like it.

AlleyViper and Jebus like this.
  8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Well, there is a great thing: Its called CHOICE. People are free to buy or to reject this car. In principle, that is the end of the debate.

My point anyway just is that I was not that serious from all beginning on. Thats why there were :D used. And that the car has fantastic sounds, I would hate to miss on them. To intentionally worsen the sounds for a fantasy car just because they are no copy of real world sounds of a series that the car is not licensing anyway, simply does not compute well in my brain. LOL Makes no sense to me, for it only means a loss of superior sounds. A fantasy car with better sounds is better than a fantasy car with inferior sounds. Or not? ;)

Now grin again everybody, and have a laugh.People who think the car does not sound bad enough, must not use it!

miky and jo_siffert like this.
  9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

ive stopped playing and talking about RRE since weve had bad AI. Open wheelers aren't fun anymore with them. Shame as I don't mind the cars and tracks. But when you play rre compared to AC or RF2 and AMS< RR feels like its got light assists on the get real mode. Doesn't feel as unforgiving as other sims to name few!

nicky stevenson likes this.
  10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Knutstorp has been released. Track is once again very nicely done, and reminds me not so much of a miniature Nordschleife, as many compare it to,m but a shortened version of Bilsterberg. some of the turns are hilarioulsy hilly, especially the last "bump" before the long straight is an absurdity in its own. :D The track offers itself for old touring cars, Formula Junior, Audi TT Cup, and the likes. I tested these three at AI 100% skill level, 29 cars on track.

These small Swedish tracks they have thrown in, really make nice rumble pits, setting themselves somewhere between Magione in AC and some of the tracks in Wreckfest. Its nice dogfighting ground, I wish we had more like these in Assetto corsa, where we only would compare Magione as a default track to these, maybe Vallelunga. I like Magione a lot for certain cars.

The location once again is painted nicely and beautifully, very convincing in looks and feel. They just know how to make great looking tracks.

TheReaper GT and AlleyViper like this.
  11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I remember it from STCC 2 .. good times there in STCC Honda ...

12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

and while people are arquing about how bad pC2 will or will not be .. Porsche will get sounds it deserves :)

DaveS78, nate and Freddie Seng like this.
  13. Emerson

Emerson Racer

But not the physics

xystof likes this.
  14. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

that RSR does not have new engine note and hope they can record it

15. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Actually, nine Porsche seem to home in on us.

Plus the brandnew 2017 RUF CRT, somebody said.

Nice. My two most favourite race sims ever now riding in Porsches, too. Great!

16. ouvert

ouvert Alien

@Emerson Can`t really argue about that ... GT3s feels better in R3E though .. bit less stable, but not in a hard wayh and even with TC you need to think about throtlle .. really not gonna argue about complexity, I guess my preference mostly comes from my inability to set FFB right in racecars and AC feeling like driving with two overboiled potatoes instead of front wheels :( ..

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  17. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Well, it doesn't sound any better for me than AC's sounds. In all honesty - AC's sounds are quite real life like and R3E just more effective but not exactly more realistic.

Dean Ogurek and cerebralvortex like this.
  18. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

Some people hear better than others.
    Problem with the announcement is the same with ac... More content. No features.

19. ouvert

ouvert Alien

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Do we know which cars yet? Have they said anything about their online thingy they are working on?