1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about Raceroom Racing Experience R3E

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SpriGgy, Jun 28, 2015.

1. yusupov

yusupov Alien

a post moby dick 935 would be superior teverywhere that isn't lemans or monza, surely?

to me its akin to the 917/30 & the 917K...not nearly as drastic, obviously, but it's the same basic concept of taking the top-level porsche race car & improving it/speccing it to series.

2. Skybird

Skybird Alien

That is just basing on some forum member's post over at either Sector3's forums, or RD's, I do not remember. I am not fully certain of that as well. I do not check nor use antisocial media like TW or FB, so I do not know what may be hidden there in official announcements. It was claimed as fact by that guy. Okay, rate it as a rumour then. :)

Any way, what is the difference in visuals between RUF and Porsche anyway? :D

3. ouvert

ouvert Alien

they are using exactly the same chasi ... but they do body panels differently .. sometimes just small details, sometime completely different ... sometimes it looks better than porsche sometimes not .. and always it is subjective :)

4. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Great sim, good cars, best sound.

nate and TheReaper GT like this.
  5. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I played it a while back. The audio was amazing, not sure if realistic but it really did sound great. I didn't enjoy the driving so much though, it kinda felt like driving on rails with little to now interaction with the tarmac. If they didn't have pay walls for everything I'd play more of it.

6. Raikku

Raikku Racer

I would say that RRE's driving feel is quite same level as AC's. All in all these different sims doesn't have so much differences, there's more like small nuances. In general would say that iR, rFactor 2, AC and RRE are elite group of sims, then some other like pCars are behind them(we'll see if they can improve in pCars 2).

7. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Weird, to me it felt much different. Granted it's been quite a while and it's probably different now, cars felt glued on the road up to the limit and very unpredictable above the limit. I also had an issue with the on-board camera itself feeling weird but I can't recall exactly what it was.

8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Make sure you have tried the newer Raceroom with the updated physics from - well, I think 1 or 1.5 years ago. The infamous motorboat feeling from several years ago, is gone. Most classes now have the updated physics. The classic touring cars have not, but still do fine without them.

The driving is different in Raceroom, AC is more subtle in feedback of weight-transfer-effects, also, the cars in raceroom mostly have more inherent grip. I would not say they drive like trains on rails, but they are indeed more grippy than most cars in AC. That is in parts due to the different physic engines, but also maybe due to the fact that there are more series race cars that are designed to be fast AND grippy.

My advice always has been: enjoy it for what it is. Then you can benefit from the fantastic tracks they have, and the benchmark sound. Raceroom has the best sounds, and the best looking tracks. Taken for itself, its a very pleasurable driving experience, and a good AI, racing as an event is superior in Raceroom.

Do not compare too much to AC. If RR would feel like AC, then it would be AC. ;) Kunos is hiring, I read. Applaus, that can mean only good things. And Sector 3 is engaged in ongoing development, and there are plans and the establishing of new business structures that point towards years of a living future. Both sims will live on. That is two good news for all of us. A new graphics engine will come to RR in the mid- to long-term future - when it has been finished for another new sim done from scratch by reborn SimBin, it will be injected into Raceroom - RR will benefit without needing to take the risks of full development. Great! :D

AXis setup and FFB can be confusing to set up in RR, however, there are too many options, imo, and they are badly explained at times. I am not certain I made sense of it all in the right way. Keep that in mind before condemning RR for its FFB and handling. It needs time and a lot of experimenting to get it close to what you want it to deliver. I have no one-scheme-fits-all-tastes explanation available for how to set up FFB correctly. Too much in that is subjective taste. So: be adventureous, and experiment.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Salad Fingers likes this.
  9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Sometimes I just wish these two teams would join forces and work together on AC. ;)

10. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Although I haven't played it for some time now, I quite came to like theo modern cars in R3E, everything with stiff suspension and downforce drives quite well. The historic racers handling suffers a bit under the higher inherent grip RR has like @Skybird said. Have they resolved the forced auto-clutch in sequential shifter cars yet?

11. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

I hadn't played for a while, but jumped in a few days ago. The level of interior detail in VR is amazing, just as polished as the sound.

I also love the track list in R3E. I was introduced to quite a few tracks I'd never driven before that quickly became favorites.

TheReaper GT likes this.
  12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

That was my fetish when two years ago I decided to take this thread over from SpriGgy and to keep it alive. :)

Serious, both sims are somewhat complementary, both have some outstanding features from which the other could learn something. And occasisonally, in the past two years, we have seen indeed that the one added a detail or feature that the other already had.

Whether that is due to this thread or because both studios observe each other with eagle eyes, or whether they just stuck to their intentions they had since long, I have no clue. LOL But no matter how that is: we see two very fine crews at work here, both working with plenty of devotion to the cause.

13. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

I know. I 've bought all tracks. Sachenring has become one of my favourites with the allmost 360 degrees left hand corner. It feels amazing in VR with motion and a GS4

Haiden773 likes this.
  14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Sure, you just have to find an excuse to rub that GS-4 in our noses! :p:D

Where's that GS-5 HoiHman?:eek:

You guys are making me want to fire up R3E again . . . :)

15. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

I wish I could say it's in private testing:D
    Still it will have to be really good to beat the modded version I have right now. Down side is that I already have replaced 3 servo gearsets since I have modded it.

Sachenring with DTM is one of those combos which are the best for demoing the whole simvibe/motion/gs4 combo. The track is also pretty bumpy and again I love that combo of left hand corners so much.

The tracklist in R3Eis great, but I would like to see more American tracks like Watkins Glenn, Road America, Sebring, Road Atlanta ect. But than again there is always a shortage tracks in any sim.

At the moment with all the track variations I am currently running a 64 round single player championship with McLaren 650S GT3 which is just freaking awesome and a great way to test my 650S replica rim.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

GS-4: Is it just the gears (Plastic?) being replaced or the entire servos?

17. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

Just the plastic gears. To be specific only one gear fails every time. Could be caused by the extra stress on the servos caused by the mod, but it could also be because the GS4 is 3 years and it's normal wear. The gear sets cost about 7 euro each , replacing the servos for servos with metal gears costs 10x more and the GS4 has 16 servos.

Since they are not failing on a weekly basis, i will stick with the plastic servos for now.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  18. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Cote Dazur likes this.
  19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

I had to confirm that the one in AC hasn't a rear spoiler, only a small lip.

20. murderous972

murderous972 Racer

R3E has the Evo version with the rear spoiler, better suspensions, better brakes, better cooling system than the one we have in AC

AlleyViper likes this.