1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about Raceroom Racing Experience R3E

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SpriGgy, Jun 28, 2015.

1. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

Very different cars.. hard to compare.. both great tho...

2. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Hmm, didnt know that. I thought its the same one but just some will put the wing and some dont. So why are there 2 versions? Because in videos i'v seen both racing in vln.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

3. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

The EVO is the current version and an upgrade pack availiable for the original car owners.. Some upgrade, some don't.

The M6 GT3 will receive an EVO pack in January too, mandatory, tho :D

4. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Oh ok, but they race in the same class?

5. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

Depends on the event, but in VLN they can race at the same class with BoP.

ShimonART likes this.
  6. plaid

plaid Alien

@ those active in the S3 Forum: Are there any News about multiclass for R3E? In General something new about GTR3?

7. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

Multi-class already works for MP, they say they are working on single player multi-class, no release date yet, tho. Nothing new about GTR3 AFAIK...

plaid likes this.
  8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Now that was a long wait...

They really also have come a long way with their interior modelling and cockpit displays. The instruments look very good, better than the stuff they released two years ago.

Many car classes got individualised cockpit displays in recent updates, replacing the older monostyle displays.

I wonder how this BMW compares to the Audi VLN in driving and feeling.

9. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

For that comparison you can use the cars in AC.... Very different cars. The TT is super fast and stable, has a pace between a 911 GT3 Cup and a GT3 car.. The BMW is slower and more dynamic than both...

10. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

The BMW will be an instant buy when i get back from holiday.

The interiors have made great progress, but all older models still have the 180 degree steering animation. This really sucks in VR, so you have to be carefull which content to buy.

Single player multi class will make my favorite sim even better. I hope the wait will be shorter the wait for the M235i :)

11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

The wait for SP multi class already lasts for over one year. On the other hand, I only want it for being able to run DTM92 and classic touring cars together, so the lack is not felt too badly here.

12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Yes, I was more about the subjective "like-it-or-not" experience. The 235 in AC is quite easily accessible, so is the Audi VLN in Raceroom. I prefer the range of cars from small sports cars over sports cars to entry-level race cars and GT3 at the top. In cars going faster than these I do not perform nice.

13. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

I'm with you on that... I like both VLN and 235 on AC but there's something wrong with both and I can't really put my finger on it... I like the VLN on R3E better..

14. Skybird

Skybird Alien

They really have learned to improve their way of modeling interiors and cockpits. Thats was a weakness with Raceroom two years ago. It isn't anymore with their latest cars.
    upload_2017-8-2_16-31-28.jpeg

15. St3fan

St3fan Alien

You can go with cheap interior if you have VR support. That's a mandatory improvement.
    Any updates on triple monitor support?

16. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Dont think its possible with cirrent engine, still hopefull that someday will see support for triple screen.

17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

That new BMW of theirs really is a treat. If comparing it to my beloved Audi TT RS, the steering is a bit less direct, not as easily triggering the reaction, the car feels a bit heavier and a bit less grippy, not much, still it is less grippier than many others in Raceroom. In fact this car indeed reminds of its brother 235i in AC. They are not the same, but they reveal that they somewhat beloing together. I cannot compare to real cars since I do not know the real cars, to me immersion and how convicing the illusion of "it" being real is what counts most. In this regard, this new BMW really hits both bull's eyes. I like it better than any GT3 car or any of the Audis, and within the carpark of Raceroom, that really means something.

I think it is one of the most excellent cars they have so far released.

That both 235i's in both sims feel not identical, but somewhat close to each other, also tells something. First, that BMW really seems to have given them sufficient data and feedback, and second, that both studios have the competence to translate such information well into simulation results, and third, that both sims have physics engines that allow this translation to happen to a sufficient degree so that the illusion feels less like an illusion and more like the real, material thing, with material mass involved and obedience to the laws of physics.

Excellent car. This one will be used a very lot by me.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    RoccoTTS likes this.
  18. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Turn off driver hands and this problem will be solved :)

Possible just like VR was. Also on the backburner right now because... who really knows :p

19. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

Doesn't work for me. Driving without hand animation feels like i'm driving a ghost car.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  20. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I've been following that thread over at the Sector 3 forums. Here's what a developer said about it (just quoting his posts):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's dangerous to a developer's mental health to promise anything when circumstances can change rapidly. That said, once we feel VR support is stable and good and we've ironed out the wrinkles one of the things we want to look at is triple screen support.

I wish I could write "Soon™" but at this stage I can only give you a Potentially™.

Well. We are going to look into it. That's for sure. But I can't promise anything other than that. If we do commit to it I think it's best if we're open about it. Since apparently it was promised. Before I got here. (This is why it's bad to promise stuff unless you're 100% sure as a developer.)

Well, to be fair I also didn't promise we won't do it. I've done some initial research and spoken to a programmer. It seems to be a pretty straight forward process. There's still a good chunk of VR stuff left to do though so I don't know when we'll make any decisions regarding triple screen for now.

Q: When you say it seems pretty straightforward, does this mean it would be relatively easy to add if the devs were able to spend some time on it?
    A: That's my sense of it. Though one lesson I've learned in software development is that even something that seems to be easy can end up being a complicated mess.

Without going into too much detail, if we put someone to work on triple screen we also need to consider what we lose by not having them work on something else. The benefits of one thing comes at the cost of not doing something else during that time. It's not that triple screen isn't important, it's that we also have a handful of other important things that we would love to do.

Believe me, I understand. I'm a gamer too. I'll mention it but as I said, we also have other things we want to add that a lot of people want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it doesn't look impossible at least. :)

kofotsjanne likes this.