1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

For me, both rF2 and AMS feel pretty similar but, AMS cars are much more consistent in feeling overall. In both cases, the open-wheeler's tend to provide the best detail in FFB but, rF2's green tracks give a lot of people trouble until they get well acclimated. I used to struggle with the Skippy but, now it's not bad - even on the default setup; I think the Formula-Vee in AMS is probably the closest in handling.

When first going from AC to rF2, it can be pretty odd - especially if you don't have the FFB really dialed in; feeling the back-end stepping out can take a while to adapt to but, once you get comfortable, few titles can provide the subtle handling details so well. Some of the tin-top's are not at the same level IMO but, given enough time, they can offer some great racing over time.
    I think rF2 and iRacing are titles that require more time to connect with than others.

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I guess I don't see the issue with DX11; when running DX11 with the graphics turned down and PP disabled, the performance should be very comparable to DX9 but, VR will still work. There are still performance issues to sort out and optimize but, the bigger issue is in regard to car / track mods not being updated IMO.

3. esox71

esox71 Alien

I went back to dx9 because I thought dx11 looked **** with pp effects, to be honest, I think AC looks **** with pp effect too.
    I like my driving games to be sharp and in focus, can't stand that blurry mess.

vegaguy 5555 and David Dominguez like this.
  4. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

Cockpit camera looks just as sharp to me, FXAA turned off. Havn't tried with it on yet in DX11, if it's anything like AC FXAA, that will make it blurry.

Replay cameras yes there's a heavy DOF effect but it doesn't bother me there.

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

So... after reading through the interesting comments here I looked up footage of the 650S GT3 in rF2 and I have a question... the sound (or sound samples ) is the exact same as in AC, isn't it? Just wondering.

Interesting to read about the differences of how the car drives.

Disable chromatic aberration in the AC pp-filter, probably problem solved?

esox71 likes this.
  6. It sounds exactly the same as Fonsecker mod and Fonsecker himself noted it at RaceDepartment but didn't answered when I asked about it.. :)

7. St3fan

St3fan Alien

:rolleyes: I thought AC's 650GT3 was said to be a copy and paste work?
    Just kidding.

After reading a comment on Youtube that points out the fuel display number on the car's steering wheel clips into the gear indicator I couldn't help but keep noticing this small glitch o_O

In AMS I feel the big heavy stock cars and V8 supercars really heavy compared to RF2, which is why I really like those cars in AMS.

BrandonW77 likes this.
  8. esox71

esox71 Alien

I don't see this option?
    edit:found it, need to disable each one I use yeah?
    edit:hmm..yes ,very nice thx:)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    nate likes this.
  9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Might be. To me it sounded very close to AC.

Hm?

Yes in AC it's
    [CHROMATIC_ABERRATION]
    ENABLED=0
    in the specific post-processing filter .ini you'd use (you don't use more than one while driving surely? :p). I don't know how much of a difference it makes in VR specifically though, but it should make the image less blurry overall regardless of screen.

vegaguy 5555 and esox71 like this.
  10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, I agree - AMS conveys weight really well and the range of handling comes through.

11. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

It's quite amazing how much you need better throttle control and quicker hands in AC. Not saying it's better... I have actually no idea but it's so different.

The AC ---> RF2 transition is ****ty because you suddenly feel nothing. You just float around wondering if you should ask the tyres to do more or less.

The RF2 ---> AC transition is ****ty because even though you know where the limit is, suddenly you CANNOT step over it on exit anymore. Just ask a liiittle too much effort from the rear and it goes away so quick you'll be 30 degrees sideways before you even noticed.

12. esox71

esox71 Alien

I've been doing the mcLaren 650s gt3/Silverstone challenge on RF2, coming back to AC doing the same in Ac it feels like it's glued to the ground and easy.
    Maybe it's just that car?

13. What's your laptimes in each sim?

14. This. The car behaves very similarily but in rF2 you have an air bed inbetween the chassis and road instead of proper rubber boots. Or at least that's how it feels through FFB. TC is totally worthless because the car cannot lose traction even without it. Put your arm into her a55hole and she still won't hit you with a handbag.

PhilS13 and LChaves like this.
  15. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

I didn't get this car, mainly because i gave up on Rfactor 2 some time ago and what they are charging for a single car isn't the way to bring me back.
    But from memory the biggest diifference between RF2 and AC is how much easier is to catch slides, how much more time you got to correct it, something that encorages you to drive sliding around, rather than "threading the needle".

Looking at what people has been saying online it also seems like this particular car is 2/3s faster than ACs version.

PhilS13 and Cote Dazur like this.
  16. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

I was talking specifically about that car. Probably you are not going anywhere near the limit so you only get the precise and sticky part of AC.

17. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Just for lolz I did that setup in AC ... Go and try it .. surprisingly not that bad :) with 2 clicks on aero better than default

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  18. esox71

esox71 Alien

Yes I forgot to use the same aero settings as rf2, I lost the rear countless times on AC :confused:

19. esox71

esox71 Alien

RF2-2:00.xxx
    AC-good few seconds slower

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  20. liakjim

liakjim Alien

A really nice onboard video is posted at rd.

Can someone analyze by telemetry the car in ac and rf2 and compare with real one? @PhilS13
    @David Dominguez