1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I feel the C7 Corvette handles nothing like the actual car!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WarFalcon76, Sep 8, 2017.

1. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Yeap, totally normal.

Στάλθηκε από το LenovoA3300-H μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

2. WarFalcon76

WarFalcon76 Rookie

Here is a C7 Z06 turning into that corner at 103 km/h (60ish mph). Yes this is a z06 I know that but the turn in speed isn't going to be greatly different specially if the C7 in this game is the Z51 package. I also agree with rd.king on the power steering assist. I am working at the moment so can't upload a video. Straight line speeds are fine and car feels good there but the turning in this car isn't heavy and hard to turn like the game makes it come out to be. Michael thanks for the video and honestly I didn't go into that turn more then twice w/ the c7 and with out tuning before posting. I just knew right away when I would turn into that corner the car was not handling any thing like the real one.

@marmagas yes I had TC off and AH on which is how I would normally drive it until I felt comfortable on a track.

vid:

3. ouvert

ouvert Alien

just checking .. you put some heat into tyres before that ?

4. chakko

chakko Alien

Err... that speed display is totally lacking behind... he is 41 km/h fast at the lowest speed. It's even displayed in the top left corner.

5. WarFalcon76

WarFalcon76 Rookie

Is this out of the box or tuned? What tires? That seems much more reasonable then what I experienced.

6. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

ehehheheh harry's laptimer in bluetooth has a HUGE delay. The video is not synced, the minimum speed at the apex is 41kmh. Just saying, a Huracan GT3 in superpole configuration got 63kmh at the apex. An Audi R18 got 60kmh in endurance configuration. A 997 GT3 got 59kmh and we're talking with slick tyres for all of them (just search on youtube for videos with serious telemetry systems).
    72kmh (45+ MPH) with a vette at the apex is out of this world.

7. WarFalcon76

WarFalcon76 Rookie

His speed is in the bottom left and he is at the apex doing 87 km/h. Not sure what you are looking at.

Edit: nevermind I see what you see at top. That's slowest speed. He enters it at a higher speed however.

My point is the C7 in game feels to sluggish and heavy in the turns. Straight line feels fine but turning in game just doesn't feel right to me.

8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

but that speed is not synced with picture .. is the point ...

9. chakko

chakko Alien

Do you see the display in the upper left? First it displays the straight line speed, then it displays the cornering speed. The speed display in the lower left is lagging , and isn't accurate at all.

10. WarFalcon76

WarFalcon76 Rookie

Yes I edited my post. That's his exit speed though, not entry.

Any way I am not trying to start an argument with anyone. Just giving my feedback about turning with this car compared to what I feel is realistic.

11. Only tuning in my vid was lowering the tire pressures to 26psi and using tire blankets.
    This one is using Street tires with pressures lowered a couple psi and blankets:
    Min speed 36 mph

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  12. chakko

chakko Alien

Yeah, i'm not sure at which point they took the "snapshot", i figure it's at the point of the lowest speed, which IMO will be shortly after the apex.

13. AC Support

Nobody wants to start an argument, especially on weekends. :)

But starting a thread saying "That's a 45+ mph turn easy." when it's not, it's just a false statement and not a personal feedback. That's the difference. Feedback is always welcome but when we talk about physics (unless it is completely fu**d off, but this is not the case) you should provide real data or your own real telemetry driving the car on Spa ... and why not, a lap driving on AC (edit: with pedals app on screen) where we can spot errors or areas where you could improve, because spinning out at 30mph at La Source is not normal and doesn't happen here. Hope you get my suggestion in the right way.

jonnyboy_99 and demetri like this.
  14. That display is not only lagged, it lacks accuracy. Apex speed in the F1 2017 pole lap was 79 kmh, and that is with a dedicated racing car, with a lot less weight, a lot more downforce (even if it's a slow corner, it still has an impact), and way more sticky tyres...

15. WarFalcon76

WarFalcon76 Rookie

Noted. However the title read "The c7 handles nothing like the real car" and that I feel is a fair statement. I can say taking it at 45 mph was a little over the top so sorry about that.

marmagas and AC Support like this.
  16. According to the numbers the title is dead wrong.

rafikens1000 likes this.
  17. AC Support

Title updated for better reading.

18. WarFalcon76

WarFalcon76 Rookie

Thanks. This is basically in line with my feedback. When you exit this turn at around 45 mph you get side ways and have to counter steer. Going from speeds of 35 to 45 in 2nd gear just doesn't get you side ways like that in a corner. Maybe at higher speeds of say 45 to 55 it would but not 35 to 45. Maybe if you was in 1st gear in the higher rpm's it would kick out some but not in 2nd.

19. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

How come Steam shows you only have 17.9 hours on record? If that's that case, and perhaps otherwise too, I presume because of the lack of sense of speed in sims you're going into the turn too hot which causes understeer and then compensating by giving too much throttle on exit. Tyre pressures and temps also makes a huge difference.

vegaguy 5555 and demetri like this.