1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I feel the C7 Corvette handles nothing like the actual car!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WarFalcon76, Sep 8, 2017.

1. The tail kicked out from getting into the throttle too hard/too early. I got to play around in a C5 Vette a few times and it had no problem lighting up the tires in second gear exiting a corner when TCS and ESC were turned off.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  2. chakko

chakko Alien

Actually, now i've seen those vids, i know what car i'll be trying next. Looks fun. :)

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Exactly, as I already posted, but ignored, :p

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  4. WarFalcon76

WarFalcon76 Rookie

In a C5 I could see that happening. Not in a C7. If the C7 in game handles the way you want it to then great, glad to hear that. I on the other hand feel it's lacking in handling. I've already agreed that my statement on 45mph was over the top and that seems to be the one thing every goes back to to turn this into a pissing match. Perhaps I should have stuck with just stating the handling in AC for this car is not accurate to real life. Someone mentioned on page one of this post the power steering assist and that is probably the most accurate statement made in this whole topic by anyone.

5. Protip: When making a statement like that, back it up with data, not feels.

6. ouvert

ouvert Alien

looks like you brought feelings to data fight :) .... legend goes that once upon the time, Porsche, BMW and AMG performance driving instructor, profesional precision/stunt driver and fellow simracer tried to do the same thing .. but he did the same mistake - he didn`t bring the data :p

to me cars similiar to what I had on same track that is in game drive very alike .. same entry speeds, same apex speeds .. no data though ;) Id like to assume that other cars I`ll never have chance to drive carry the same trend ...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  7. Analysis by feeling is fine so long as it's thoroughly described. For example, currently most cars in AC lack grip in combined slip situations. There's essentially no data for this, so you're left with comparing either "pure feel" or at the most steering and throttle input. Despite this lack of "proper" data, it's still something that is a genuine inaccuracy for some cars, and something that can be fixed relatively easily.

So to that end, if the OP can post something like "in real life when you do X the car does Y, while in AC when you do X the car does Z," that would allow for whatever problem there may be to be narrowed down.

8. WarFalcon76

WarFalcon76 Rookie

Data from what the game? You cannot put real life feeling into the internets. It's just one of those things that doesn't translate. I could go find a track in game that is local to my area and post up all kinds of data for you to see. That still doesn't relay the experience. When I turn this car in game and irl it's not the same. No data can show that. I can just provide my feedback.

9. WarFalcon76

WarFalcon76 Rookie

lol I just read this after my last reply to Michael. You made me laugh, thank you I needed it after the bashing I got here. Wish I could give some data but I can't so I just wanted to provide my feedback on how this car felt compared to the real life experience. I'll just try to keep my mouth shut from now on. Not like giving feedback would change it anyway. Cheers

10. WarFalcon76

WarFalcon76 Rookie

Well said. I will try to do some more laps in the C7 on some tracks that I can relate too a bit more. Is there any chance this game has the infield road course from Texas Motor Speedway?

11. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

Hi, read the whole topic and maybe complete irrelevant but how is your fov and cockpit setting ? when i drove with "wrong' values to test out fov, i spinned cars more quickly , i had the feeling than i could use the throttle faster in my point of view... not sure if the hours off 18 is correct, but maybe your driving the game in complete standard settings :):)
    went from a single to triple setup after years of playing, better sight on apex = faster and better control off the car.... just a thought , have a nice weekend

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  12. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Sorry mate, but your feedback is truly scarce, to say the least.
    Until the moment you said three things: the handling is absolutely horrid in game (that's not really a feedback but a comment), at 30 mph (48 kph) the car gets sideways and spins out (that you already corrected that was a bit of overstatement, therefore, not a truly a feedback also) and the turning is heavy and hard.
    You could dive a bit deeper in you feedback assessment.
    Regarding to tracks, knowing it has a significant influence in car reactions, perhaps it was best to look for an original track, just to keep things levelled, both car and track.

Perhaps you can wait a little more and use Laguna Seca once is available in game and then compare in game and RL car.:D
    Laguna Seca it’s a bit far from Dallas but could be great fun to drive in track and then compare it with AC. If were me to have the chance I surely would.:cool:

I just hope that Portimão track or, better yet, Estoril (even better, because it’s closer to me) someday will see the light in AC. (wishful thinking:D)

13. chakko

chakko Alien

FWIW, my intention was absolutely not to bash you. Hope i didn't come over that way. From own experience, i know how difficult it is to argue, when you're convinced of something, against a mob, when being in "enemy territory". ;) On the other hand, i find many of the arguments fair enough, as it indeed is difficult sometimes to judge something, based on feelings. On the other hand, without a degree in physics, how ARE you able to judge something on anything else but feeling? And, i do think we're all here because we FEEL that AC is close to what we experience in real life, when we're on the limit, or when we're not, in kart racing, or just when we do a sunday drive in your every day vehicle. In this sense, peace. ;)

14. WarFalcon76

WarFalcon76 Rookie

No sir none taking at all with your comments. :) Only a few people really took my post personal which I can understand to a point if they really are passionate about the game.

@fulgore Iaven't changed the FOV at all. Yes my hours in game are low. I jump in and out of sims over the years and just recently getting more serious about it. I have a good amount of hours in sims ranging from GTR 2, GTR Evolution (Race07), rFactor, iRacing, AC, and Rocket League (that was a joke). A few others probably that I can't think of. I'll try adjusting FOV but I don't think that will change how I feel about the car handling. I just drove around on my lunch break in the car again in AC and there is this floating feeling about the car that just makes it seem very different from how the car actually drives. I tried that corner again with TC on and off and it does help with TC on but still feels a little more loose then the car should be.

_Fulgore_ likes this.
  15. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

It's more like people can't take you seriously. You are not first (or last) in these forums to make bold accusations how cars should drive. They usually turn out to be trolls or just have equipment issues. Files can be corrupted, game settings completely wrong... (or even antivirus software).

Solmyr likes this.
  16. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

Until I sorted out the FFB to fit my car I thought AC was perfect.
    After hours and hours tweaking it has changed the way I see the other cars in game as well.
    If the rendered physics of your own car handles poorly in the game how can the handling of other cars be evaluated.
    You have a great gage to setting up your system spend the time you might find it makes everything else better.

arthur666 likes this.
  17. WarFalcon76

WarFalcon76 Rookie

haha taking the feedback well I see.

18. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

The problem is that the way you understood your video evidence (apex @>100 km/h, didn't spot the huge, obvious delay, really ???) clearly shoxs us that either there is something wrong with your AC setting/use/peripherals, either there is something wrong with your racing understanding.

donShere likes this.
  19. WarFalcon76

WarFalcon76 Rookie

The problem is you think this is argument go troll some where else. That video I found was after I posted my remarks on how the C7 handles compared to IRL. Get over the turn 1 speed discussion. You and a lot of others take that one single video and think its the holy grail to this discussion. It's about the handling of the car period, not the speed of the turn 1 at spa. smh

Any way I'm done responding to any one that isn't adding anything of value to the topic.